Quincy Enunwa was talking to kids in a NJ school when the Jersey City shooting took place

Maxman

people need to grow up. these shootouts are just stupid and they are over stupid things.  as for enunwa, good for him for trying to help kids out.  the jets really need players like him but maybe without so many injuries.  it would be great if he could come back but imo he's going to be let go.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

people need to grow up. these shootouts are just stupid and they are over stupid things.  as for enunwa, good for him for trying to help kids out.  the jets really need players like him but maybe without so many injuries.  it would be great if he could come back but imo he's going to be let go.

WADR,Cop just died. F-enunwa

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

RIP to the fallen officer. One of my friends is a JCPD and he was down there.

per NYT

"Preliminary reports indicated that the episode began when an officer approached one of the gunmen in connection with an investigation of an earlier homicide and was shot dead, according to a person with knowledge of the matter."

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

per NYT

"Preliminary reports indicated that the episode began when an officer approached one of the gunmen in connection with an investigation of an earlier homicide and was shot dead, according to a person with knowledge of the matter."

Yea apparently there were pipe bombs found in the vehicle of the suspect they stopped too 

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/12/pipe-bombs-in-rental-van-used-by-jersey-city-shooters.html

36 minutes ago, peebag said:

I guess public shootings are a daily fact of life now as they've always been.

Fixed your post.  

Sadly. :(

We Americans simply love to shoot each other as often as possible, and always have.  Some of the events just get alot more coverage than they used to (and many, the same amount of non-coverage they used to, also sadly).

/offsoapbox.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fixed your post.  

Sadly. :(

We Americans simply love to shoot each other as often as possible, and always have.  Some of the events just get alot more coverage than they used to (and many, the same amount of non-coverage they used to, also sadly).

/offsoapbox.

Everyone around the world loves killing each other, not exclusive to America. Man is inherently violent and will always find a way to murder, be it firearms, knives, or the first rock used to beat someone's head in. 

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Everyone around the world loves killing each other, not exclusive to America. Man is inherently violent and will always find a way to murder, be it firearms, knives, or the first rock used to beat someone's head in. 

You might want to look at murder and mass murder rates of other, economically and educationally similar, first world countries.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You might want to look at murder and mass murder rates of other, economically and educationally similar, first world countries.  

I can assure you that's a dead end argument. I've lived in over 16-20 different countries, economically similar to the US and not, and I promise you, you're safer here than anywhere in the entire world.

But im not going to get into that debate on this forum because it's going to get political and I would rather neither of us get banned, so let's agree to disagree whole heartedly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I can assure you that's a dead end argument. I've lived in over 16-20 different countries, economically similar to the US and not, and I promise you, you're safer here than anywhere in the entire world.

But im not going to get into that debate on this forum because it's going to get political and I would rather neither of us get banned, so let's agree to disagree whole heartedly. 

Yep, no politics so agreed (to disagree).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I guess public shootings are a fact of life now.

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Plague of mass rock beating murders sweeps nation

• Upvote 3