Jump to content

What are they picking?


AL047

Recommended Posts

The Jets are currently picking #8 in the draft for now, but it may change.

The Jets needs are as follows:

1) A whole new offensive line - 2 tackles, 1 guard and 1 center; they also need depth behind the starting line.

2) CB's is a need and was a major weakness for the defense. 

3) Pass rushing OLB a weakness on defense which wasn't addressed since John Abraham was traded.

4) WR is a need because Darnold needs his weapons. Enunwa is damaged goods and Anderson is questionable because its not sure if they will sign him or not?

5) MLB - Williamson is damaged goods and Mosely is questionable because of his health. They need to get younger at that position and need depth.

What should be the first pick of there's in the 2020 draft? We definitely know they need a Olineman, CB and a pass rushing OLB. (those are major needs} The Jets have 7 picks in the 2020 draft, what do you think they may draft? I also believe they will make a few trades during the draft to add a few picks to either the 2020 draft or 2021.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Douglas has to hit really well on at least 3 of the 1st 4 picks.  We should be picking around 8, 40, 66, 72

Oline on at least two of those picks, I'd be fine with 3 out of 4 on oline.  Also WR.

Pass rushing olb would be nice but often you need a higher pick for that.

I am hoping like heck Douglas can trade some assets for more high picks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas has to hit really well on at least 3 of the 1st 4 picks.  We should be picking around 8, 40, 66, 72

Oline on at least two of those picks, I'd be fine with 3 out of 4 on oline.  Also WR.

Pass rushing olb would be nice but often you need a higher pick for that.

I am hoping like heck Douglas can trade some assets for more high picks.

Who would you look to trade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AL047 said:

The Jets are currently picking #8 in the draft for now, but it may change.

The Jets needs are as follows:

1) A whole new offensive line - 2 tackles, 1 guard and 1 center; they also need depth behind the starting line.

2) CB's is a need and was a major weakness for the defense. 

3) Pass rushing OLB a weakness on defense which wasn't addressed since John Abraham was traded.

4) WR is a need because Darnold needs his weapons. Enunwa is damaged goods and Anderson is questionable because its not sure if they will sign him or not?

5) MLB - Williamson is damaged goods and Mosely is questionable because of his health. They need to get younger at that position and need depth.

What should be the first pick of there's in the 2020 draft? We definitely know they need a Olineman, CB and a pass rushing OLB. (those are major needs} The Jets have 7 picks in the 2020 draft, what do you think they may draft? I also believe they will make a few trades during the draft to add a few picks to either the 2020 draft or 2021.

 

 

 

I believe we're at #9.

2135220945_ScreenShot2019-12-10at9_59_31AM.png.e7446082a4348c5bd918a7e9708122d9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yep. Defense is lower priority for multiple reasons. 

the defense is sort of a victim of it's own success.  they've done pretty well without all of those highly drafted players.  williams has done a good job of shuffling in practice squad players and erstwhile bench warmers.  they still could use a really good corner and edge rusher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

the defense is sort of a victim of it's own success.  they've done pretty well without all of those highly drafted players.  williams has done a good job of shuffling in practice squad players and erstwhile bench warmers.  they still could use a really good corner and edge rusher.

No doubt, this has not been forgotten.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

Id be looking to sure up the kicking game. Jet Toner out of stanford has a hell of a leg. 

I truthfully have no problem with Ficken.

 

I'm hoping for OL, CB, and WR in our first 4 picks(doubling up on OL in there)

 

Of course, all this can change depending on how FA goes.

 

Except OL, That needs to be done over and over again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I truthfully have no problem with Ficken.

 

I'm hoping for OL, CB, and WR in our first 4 picks(doubling up on OL in there)

 

Of course, all this can change depending on how FA goes.

 

Except OL, That needs to be done over and over again.

26th out of 32 kickers in fg% is ok by you?

:wtf:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas has to hit really well on at least 3 of the 1st 4 picks.  We should be picking around 8, 40, 66, 72

Oline on at least two of those picks, I'd be fine with 3 out of 4 on oline.  Also WR.

Pass rushing olb would be nice but often you need a higher pick for that.

I am hoping like heck Douglas can trade some assets for more high picks.

Agreed, 1st priority is what Darnold needs and that is a revamped Oline and another WR and that will require 3-4 of the top draft picks from 2020. Even if D is address in rounds 4-6 this D if Williams stays and maybe gets some mid age/tier FAs is not only pretty solid, but would be better if the O gets better since we will control clock with sustaining more and longer drives as well as score more points and be more consistent on O. Had we had that for the Cincy game we would win it, but our Oline cannot consistent block sometimes between games and sometimes within games they are even doing decent which is why we have short and 3 and out drives a lot leading to bad field position making it even harder on our D.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas has to hit really well on at least 3 of the 1st 4 picks.  We should be picking around 8, 40, 66, 72

Oline on at least two of those picks, I'd be fine with 3 out of 4 on oline.  Also WR.

Pass rushing olb would be nice but often you need a higher pick for that.

I am hoping like heck Douglas can trade some assets for more high picks.

I agree online is a need but he’s not Gona spend 3 of his top 4 picks on one position. I see a wr at 8 the oline man in the 2nd followed up oline with Giants pick, then the 4th (second 3rd rounder) corner or edge guy. Of course we have no idea who will be available so that’s why I hate draft speculation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

26th out of 32 kickers in fg% is ok by you?

:wtf:

If I remember right, some of those were due to bad snaps, were they not??

I'm not saying he should be the clear cut option for 2020, and they shouldn't bring in someone to challenge him for the spot,

but Even still, at this point, I would much rather see the draft picks go towards other positions, and see how the rest shake out through UDFA or other cuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AL047 said:

The Jets are currently picking #8 in the draft for now, but it may change.

The Jets needs are as follows:

1) A whole new offensive line - 2 tackles, 1 guard and 1 center; they also need depth behind the starting line.

2) CB's is a need and was a major weakness for the defense. 

3) Pass rushing OLB a weakness on defense which wasn't addressed since John Abraham was traded.

4) WR is a need because Darnold needs his weapons. Enunwa is damaged goods and Anderson is questionable because its not sure if they will sign him or not?

5) MLB - Williamson is damaged goods and Mosely is questionable because of his health. They need to get younger at that position and need depth.

What should be the first pick of there's in the 2020 draft? We definitely know they need a Olineman, CB and a pass rushing OLB. (those are major needs} The Jets have 7 picks in the 2020 draft, what do you think they may draft? I also believe they will make a few trades during the draft to add a few picks to either the 2020 draft or 2021.

 

 

New head coach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trading Adams has to be on the table this offseason esp if you can get someone to give you a 1st and 2nd for him and you get a starting OL and WR out of it. That’s two positions of higher value than a safety that’s looking for a big payday.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

the defense is sort of a victim of it's own success.  they've done pretty well without all of those highly drafted players.  williams has done a good job of shuffling in practice squad players and erstwhile bench warmers.  they still could use a really good corner and edge rusher.

See my 2 free agent buys in the other draft thread. Edge + CB.

100% offense in the draft. Sams going to be here a long time, surround him with young guys he can grow with. He should be a good leader in this 3rd year, 2nd under the same offense. Let's build a young powerful scary offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I agree online is a need but he’s not Gona spend 3 of his top 4 picks on one position. I see a wr at 8 the oline man in the 2nd followed up oline with Giants pick, then the 4th (second 3rd rounder) corner or edge guy. Of course we have no idea who will be available so that’s why I hate draft speculation 

When you totally neglect a very important position for 5 years and that position group is pure awful right now I'd easily use 3 of 4 if the right guys are there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

See my 2 free agent buys in the other draft thread. Edge + CB.

100% offense in the draft. Sams going to be here a long time, surround him with young guys he can grow with. He should be a good leader in this 3rd year, 2nd under the same offense. Let's build a young powerful scary offense. 

pretty much agree on going offense in draft, especially oline.  but if they do have the chance to get a top flight edge or corner that could be a possibility.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t buy into a paying a WR not named Robby Anderson this off season. Get Robby back at like $12 million a year. Sign an OG, either Scherff at $10 million a year or Quinton Spain at $7 million a year. Sign Alex Lewis and Shell/ Beachum to extensions. Sign Byron Jones at $14 Million a year. Trade Williamson, Tru, Winters and maybe trade Roberts. 
Draft 2 OL, 1 WR and a Edge with our top 4 picks and I think we’re set. 
 

I don’t buy into trading Jamal. He’s really good and we don’t have many of those players on this team. It’s not like we have too many second contracts to worry about for the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...