Copernicus

Something's not right

Something is so not right with Gase/Bell/and the Jets. As the season is playing out it is becoming more clear that they are not on the same page. From Bell going from top offensive threat in the NFL to lack of carries and involvement in the offense, to the obnoxious amount of carries the RBs got on Sunday without Bell,  to the flu that was serious enough for the Jets to make Bell inactive but not serious enough that he would be able to go bowling. Something is not right here. Is Gase the bad guy for not playing him enough throughout the season? Is Bell the bad guy behind the scenes and the bowling incident and lack of awareness of being scene in public is the start of exposing why Gase seems to not like him?

How do you think this plays out? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell is an old back who can’t get through holes, which porks everything you want to do on offense. He’s single-handedly putting Sam Darnold in second and nine all game long. Old backs suck

He's 27 with a year off. You really think its his age that has slowed his productivity? 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is a homeless man’s Mangini ofcourse he’s not going to like a diva like Bell

I cant figure out if Bell is a diva or not. Always seems to say the right things 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

Little Known Secret:

The Jets are 5-4 with a healthy Sam Darnold and have won 4 of their last 5 games despite having the 31st rushing offense in the NFL. 

I'm not worried about this Le'Veon Bell drama because I actually don't think he's made any meaningful contributions to this team. We can lose his salary, pick up a young back, and markedly increase production at that position. 

SAR I

But how are we going to lose his salary? From what was reported on WFAN this morning the cap hit would be 17 million. Cant see how anyone would trade for him knowing  how much it will cost against the cap.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

sport radio in the nroth bay was taking that angle....

Hmmm, ok. But how? Yeah, I am not crazy about promoting his singing career and haven't read anything on him partying or bashing teammates. He seems to follow that up with proclaiming his support of the HC and team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Even Bell cannot make this oline look at all good.

Oh yeah, play design and play calling stinks as well.

Great point, Bell hasnt made anyone around him better, but it only adds to the perplexity of this situation. So by all accounts second year Sam Darnald is better at making the OLINE more productive than Leveon Bell? Doesn't really add up.

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

Maybe the Yankees😁 think he could solve CF?

Football, baseball, bowling, some athlete......:)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Maybe. Or maybe the coach is an obstinate dickhead, and that's the reason why Bell--far and away the best receiving back in football--got 3 more targets a game as a receiver on a team that also had Antonio Brown than he's getting on a team whose best pass-catcher is Ryan Griffin.

Great point. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

He has the 2nd most receptions on the team and 82% catch rate.  You dont think that's beneficial to Sam? 

wow

I do. Didnt realize he has the 2nd most receptions. Pretty quiet. Was about to be critical of Gase for not involving him in the passing game enough. 

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm starting to think fans on this site have no idea about cause & affect. Antonio Brown with the Steelers was considered the best WR in all of football! You don't think teams weren't giving him extra attention to allow for Bell to perform in space? James Conner did the same sh*t last year B4 he got injured. If Jet fans think that Le'veon Bell doesn't look slow, or the year off definitely hurt his game, I have no idea what games your watching. 

I find the use of Bell/lack of/ or just his over all talent level more debated among Jets fans than any other. 

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sure he’s bowling when he’s supposed to be bed ridden with the flu 

And here's where it gets confusing. It was not Bell that requested to not play because he was so bedridden and sick, it was the Jets, Shouldn't the Jets be criticized somewhat for making a relatively healthy player sit out if he obviously wasn't bedridden? 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company