Copernicus

Something's not right

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gase is a egomaniac psychopathic a$$hole who likes to make and prove points rather than do what's best for his team.  It's a was a glaring issue in Miami as he ran all the talent out of town and it's obvious with how he handles any situation he doesnt like; so he went out of his way to alienate Bell and prove a moronic failed point by letting Powell show that nobody can run behind this OL.

I say this stat over and over again but morons keep saying things like Bell is done.  The Jets RB's meet 1st contact at .5  yards past LOS.  League average is 3 yards.  Nobody is going to be successful behind this OL.  3 RB's are utilized by the Jets, the average is 3.3 ypc and everyone of them is having their worst year from a YPC perspective.  Coincidence?  no

An "offensive genius" cant work in 27 year old Le'Veon Bell's skill set but Todd Haley made him the most dynamic playmaker in the NFL.  It's not a good look for Gase just like the Tannehill situation.

Bell has no run over 17 yards! I don't give a RATS AZZ how bad the Oline is, GREAT BACKS with burst break 1 eventually when handed the ball as often as Bell has so far. Powell was busting it up inside for at least 3 yards so we had 2nd & 7 at least! Bells style also creates time for more holding penalties, as he surveys for an opening the line has to hold blocks too long & that leads to grabbing as defenders slide down the line mirroring him. 

Personally, I completely agree with Adam Gase on this, his style is a bad fit for the Jets. You don't see any of this hesitation BS watching Ingram run, Chubb, guys are too f*cking fast on defense to be sliding side to side, unless your playing behind a terrific (athletic) Oline. a Mawae type center, and Guards & Tackles that can move. 

So bash Gase all you want, I don't want the Jets to adapt their entire offense with a 22 year old QB to a RB that MIGHT be here 2 years, that's asinine! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Weird how the Steelers didnt deal with all these issues that Bell creates with his running style.

I mean, gtfo out of here with this nonsense.  Absolutely ridiculous take. 

Powell is having the worst year of his career, same with Montgomery, oh and everyone on the offense except Sam.  But lets talk about how it's all Bell's fault the offense suck.

DId you actually read this post and think there was any logic in here? 

You GTFOOHWTS! The only reason the Steelers are competing for a playoff spot is that Oline & Defense. The Steelers have a TOP FIVE OLINE! I don't want to draft young NFL inexperienced Olineman & have to have them hold blocks while the RB dances around behind them. Talk about asking for holding Penalties. We need 1 cut runners like Sanders was doing for the Eagles on MNF. ESPECIALLY when Sam has this offense down complete & we have the personnel to play uptempo. Its when defenders get just a bit tired that uptempo EXHAUSTS them, especially with RBs that run through arm tackles. Hey, we disagree, but don't respond to my post like your some type of football Genius. The game isn't f*cking rocket science. And teams that can do the simplest things on offense with blindfolds on are usually very hard to beat. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

Great point. 

I'm starting to think fans on this site have no idea about cause & affect. Antonio Brown with the Steelers was considered the best WR in all of football! You don't think teams weren't giving him extra attention to allow for Bell to perform in space? James Conner did the same sh*t last year B4 he got injured. If Jet fans think that Le'veon Bell doesn't look slow, or the year off definitely hurt his game, I have no idea what games your watching. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I find the use of Bell/lack of/ or just his over all talent level more debated among Jets fans than any other. 

Even teams with bad olines have RBs that BREAK a run now & then. 17 yards is the longest run for Bell this year. Everyone is like, split him out as a WR. What? Why not just sign Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams or John Brown then, they were all free agent WRs last offseason & draft a f*cking RB? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

The one where I dont care so much about gross #'s. FWIW, I consider elite to be top 3. Bell's 2017 total numbers are inflated by the fact that  he lead the league in attempts by nearly 15%, but his dvoa was 11th and his ypc was in the 20's. I understand that high attempts will drag down efficiency at the position but again, I'm saying he wasnt a top 3 back and was showing signs of decline  not that he wasn't good or even very good l.

Pitts ran him into the ground knowing they might lose him and it's fair to wonder if that burned a significant amount of tread on his tires

Can we also factor in that he has more interests & a lot more Cha Ching in his bank account due to the team that's always ready to pay more or bid against themselves, the NY Jets. I want HUNGRY RBs. Young, looking for a 2nd contract from anyone! 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company