Copernicus

Something's not right

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell is an old back who can’t get through holes, which porks everything you want to do on offense. He’s single-handedly putting Sam Darnold in second and nine all game long. Old backs suck

Powell is better this year. That says it all. It doesnt even say the Powell is goo, just less bad.

• Thumb Down 3

14 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Is Bell the bad guy behind the scenes

sport radio in the nroth bay was taking that angle....

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

he admittedly looks very slow.

shockingly slow

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Hmmm, ok. But how? Yeah, I am not crazy about promoting his singing career and haven't read anything on him partying or bashing teammates. He seems to follow that up with proclaiming his support of the HC and team. 

more like...   not getting carries.. i guess i'll call in sick....   they had a clip of his phone call to report the stoledn jewelry..

"how much is it worth?"  PAUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE   " Um, a million dollars."

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

I feel like people who say Bell looks slow, has never seen Bell play.  He's not a burner, never has been.  That's not his thing. He's a patient runner with incredible vision and the ability to make the 1st guy miss and possibly a better WR.

If Bell is traded to a team that can run block, he'll be right back at the top of the league.  I guarantee it. 

all the positive attributes are there as mentioned.

NOT A BURNER is not equivalent to SLOW.

And he is SLOW. If we can block, sure he can get his 4.5 per. 

17 yd long run on 184 attempts is crap. Spoon all the fluff you want on top. Thats crap.

It s not  his fault that the majority of his catches have been where he cant be in the open.

As mentioned above its more like his style is terrible for a bad OL. Where even a JAG like Powell is slightly more effective.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jetworks said:

"Good players can't overcome bad coaching." It's an axiom at this point.

Barry Sanders had such great coaching it makes my head spin.

The above statement reeks to high heaven.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Do you think he cant hit the hole because he genuinely lost a step due to age? Or because his running style is more centered on hesitating and waiting for one to materialize?

a combination...  i mean...  his 40 coming out was slightly slower than Derrick Henry...  who i believe is even faster 

AFTER 40 yds than Bell...  hence a history of home run runs.

• Upvote 1

took a while but I just remembered what former jet Bell reminds me of this year...

Clark Gaines circa 1978

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Patience and vision don't mean anything when your offensive line sucks. The cold truth is Powell has been more effective as a runner because he makes one cut and hits the hole hard. That's what you need to do when the line sucks. 

Combine that with Gase not being creative about how to use him, 

yes and no. i'd say tryna be creative don't mean squat when your offensive line sucks

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

not using Bell more in the passing game is a huge mistake

67 targets

robby has 79

thats plenty...     7.3 yds per ....  23 yd longest gain

feeding him is getting us little

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

DB- I don't disagree with anything that you say here (this thread).

Help the uninformed here on DVOA and DYAR:

-Does it distinguish between situations on the football field:

-Say a run on 3rd and one and the yards gained (where the defense may be stacked in the box)

-Vs a run on 3rd and long (where the the defense may be laying back and giving up yards

-Does it distinguish yards gained as being different in say carries 1-10 vs 30+ in a game?

I follow the metrics in baseball and find some useful and some garbage. And some no one can explain what they mean and how they are derived. I do not follow it in football.

The Reader's Digest version, please.

lazy. go read it yourself if you dont comprende

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Guess you don't know. Thanks.

i do know. go read it yourself. your ignorance aint my problem.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

2. Yesterday I helped edify you based on your "ignorance", when you could not read a simple chart when clarifying draft round and position.

chart didnt have column titles. no need ofr quotes not knowing=ignorance and of course, like everybody, there are many things that ik dont know. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

THE SHORT VERSION:

DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: Five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Powell had 74 yards.  On 19 carries.  That is 3.89 ypc.  Bell's average in games without Luke Falk is about 3.4.  He averaged 3.88 the last time they played the Dolphins.  Is that hundredth of a yard worth crowing about?

Bell has averaged higher than THAT 3.88 ypc only twice this year....  THATS the problem...

Powell YPC more than Bell is damning. ( both their ypc is damning of the OL, of course)

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

It will be entertaining that’s for sure 

guessing you mean...   the fallout...  what happens off season et cet

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eww, you said ilk.

him and tom shane both. wankers...    :-)

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company