Copernicus

Something's not right

Bell is an old back who can’t get through holes, which porks everything you want to do on offense. He’s single-handedly putting Sam Darnold in second and nine all game long. Old backs suck

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 15
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

say this stat over and over again but morons keep saying things like Bell is done.  The Jets RB's meet 1st contact at .5  yards past LOS.  League average is 3 yards.  Nobody is going to be successful behind this OL.  3 RB's are utilized by the Jets, the average is 3.3 ypc and everyone of them is having their worst year from a YPC perspective.  Coincidence?  no

He averaged a meager 4.0 ypc behind three all pros in Pittsburgh the last year he played for them. He’s toast as a runner.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

took a while but I just remembered what former jet Bell reminds me of this year...

Clark Gaines circa 1978

Amp Lee

41 minutes ago, ID. said:

I don’t think he’s a decrepitly broken down ‘old’ back; it’s just, as others have said before, Bell’s patient running style will not work with this OLine.  Just not a fit at this point

Then why did he average a paltry 4.0 his last year with the Steelers? 

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Maybe. Or maybe the coach is an obstinate dickhead who thinks Frank Gore is the Platonic form of running back, and that's the reason why Bell--far and away the best receiving back in football--is getting 3 fewer targets a game as a receiver on a team whose best pass-catcher is Ryan Griffin than he did on a team whose best pass-catcher was Antonio Brown. 

Well, I’d say that the passing game was a lot more effective in Pittsburgh than it is here and, sure, Gase should be emphasizing Bell as a receiver because it’d help Darnold, but also Bell looks shot regardless.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

I said he can’t run because of the line and gave you data at how bad our line is and how each RB on the roster is having their worst years ever.  Never blamed Gase for the OL, I blame him for alienating yet another of his best players for whatever reason.    

When did you become such an emotional baby?

Word. Gase is going Full Ajayi on the New Ajayi

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Or the line isn't making any holes?

He averaged 4.0 ypc in Pittsburgh in 2017

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company