Something's not right

Copernicus

8 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Powell had 75 yds... Proves that bell is not suited for this team.  Powell this year has been better at hitting the hole faster and getting more  yards.  

Powell had 74 yards.  On 19 carries.  That is 3.89 ypc.  Bell's average in games without Luke Falk is about 3.4.  He averaged 3.88 the last time they played the Dolphins.  Is that hundredth of a yard worth crowing about?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Powell had 74 yards.  On 19 carries.  That is 3.89 ypc.  Bell's average in games without Luke Falk is about 3.4.  He averaged 3.88 the last time they played the Dolphins.  Is that hundredth of a yard worth crowing about?

Bell has averaged higher than THAT 3.88 ypc only twice this year....  THATS the problem...

Powell YPC more than Bell is damning. ( both their ypc is damning of the OL, of course)

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Bell has averaged higher than THAT 3.88 ypc only twice this year....  THATS the problem...

Powell YPC more than Bell is damning. ( both their ypc is damning of the OL, of course)

Powell has only had one game over 10 carries.  Hell, he's only had one game with a better ypc than the Dolphins game where he had 5 or more carries.  The running game sucks.  That is not up for discussion.  I think the eye test shows you Bell isn't the problem.  He's not worth what we are paying him, but we are already paying him. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

QB struggles for time, behind bad OL. “We can’t judge him until we get an OL”

RB struggles finding holes behind the same bad OL.  “Get rid of this diva, he sucks.”

I think the issue is buyer's remorse.  We could all see Sam Darnold struggling as part of the progression of a young kid with limited experience becoming and NFL QB.  We could also see that giving Le'veon Bell a big free agent contract was not going to solidify our running game.  When we look at them we see one guy that should improve and another that should be gone by the team is able to properly use him. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Powell has only had one game over 10 carries.  Hell, he's only had one game with a better ypc than the Dolphins game where he had 5 or more carries.  The running game sucks.  That is not up for discussion.  I think the eye test shows you Bell isn't the problem.  He's not worth what we are paying him, but we are already paying him. 

I'm taking a slightly different view.  I think that Gase was trying to show Joe D that he can get the same production out of a JAG RB like Powell vs. a $15 million dollar trophy horse like Bell.  This was his point from Day #1 and based on the numbers he's probably not that far off...

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bell is an old back who can’t get through holes, which porks everything you want to do on offense. He’s single-handedly putting Sam Darnold in second and nine all game long. Old backs suck

I don't think it's Bell's fault.  I think RBs are, generally speaking, a product of their OL.  With a good OL, you don't need a star RB.

6 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm talking about running game only, agree with you on passing. "We" in this instance is jif and the jiffettes

I said he can’t run because of the line and gave you data at how bad our line is and how each RB on the roster is having their worst years ever.  Never blamed Gase for the OL, I blame him for alienating yet another of his best players for whatever reason.    

When did you become such an emotional baby?

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Ok, so a guy with a ton of carries in his career hovering around the age when players at his position start to show a sharp decline, shows a decline. 

Now we are 2 years later and acting like his clear decline this year is all on Gase rather than a logical continuation of what we saw from 16-> 17

Lmfao - you are just an agenda fitter these days.  Used to be good at this. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I said he can’t run because of the line and gave you data at how bad our line is and how each RB on the roster is having their worst years ever.  Never blamed Gase for the OL, I blame him for alienating yet another of his best players for whatever reason.    

Yes well it's hard to keep track of your ever evolving and frequently contradictory opinions 

Belichick, Payton (with TB when Brees was out), Harbough, even Tomlin are successful because they dont coach some system that is "theirs".   They build gamelans and schemes around the talent they have and find a way to get the players to believe or buy in to what they are doing - that is how to win in the NFL.

Adam Gase thinks hes the smartest person in the room.  He doesnt value RBs because he was successful one season with Manning throwing the ball a ton.  He is arrogant and think that when he says "its on me", 10 seconds after throwing his players under the bus that they can't see through that.  His gamelans dont attack the opponents weaknesses, and he doesnt have the ability to get someone like Bell to alter his playing style even one bit, to hit the holes a little quicker, because he has spent a whole season treating Bell like crap.  

When the coach thinks its about him more then the players you get a team like we currently have.  One that loses to teams like Miami and Cincy, and gets blown out by anyone good.

Bell has been a good soldier, getting minimal touches behind an atrocious line - practicing hard and saying the right things, even while being sent away from the team with "the flu" so his coach could make a point.  Eating a $15 cap hit just so his coach can get his way and we can get a 3rd round pick is idiotic and sends a terrible message to the rest of the team.

Instead of trading Bell, we should fix the enormous mistake Mac and Chris J made and fire Gase the day after the season ends.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, CTM said:

just to clarify, I gave Gase a pass when Darnold was out. I give all 3 a pass when the Oline had Edoga and Kalil starting. 

These days I'm not giving much of a pass to any of them. The oline is bad but it's not the dumpster fire it was and you saw the offense put up a few decent games 

Been watching this team basically fail for 40 years. I’m done giving passes. Results matter.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Been watching this team basically fail for 40 years. I’m done giving passes. Results matter.

Of course but so does context. Sam is 22, Gase was hired into dysfunction and quickly excised the biggest organizational weakness. 

Making any definitive conclusion on either based on ownerships idiot decision to allow Mac another offseason to continue his work on sabotaging this teams present in future under the hallmark of "you are what your record says you are" is unwise and unfair.

This isnt to say I'm an enthusiastic supporter of either, I have serious concerns about both but they get next year to show clear progress or atleast one of them goes.(gase)

stop this trade bell crap first the cap hit is really prohibative second you wont get back value. I would blame Bell if he got the touches  but he doesn't that is game planning and that is Gase and when the offensive guru has some of the worst offesnive stats that tells you all you need to know, Gase sucks

11 hours ago, CTM said:

Yes well it's hard to keep track of your ever evolving and frequently contradictory opinions 

I never contradict and opinions change with time and evidence.  It's a neat little luxury we have in this thing called life.

11 hours ago, CTM said:

My only agenda here is that I think you and your ilk think we have the 2016 Bell and we dont

I have an ilk?   I'm so flattered by this and it makes me so happy to see how bothered you are by it.   This might be my proudest moment on the interwebz.  My brilliant hot takes have turned CTM into a jealous emotional fueled baby! 

The cutest part about me smacking your fanny around for the past few days is watching you drown and then just throwing these little nuggets out acting as if I said them...it's like the 3rd time you've put words in my mouth our completely misrepresented my position.  Reminds me of when I have you nailed dead to rights in mafia. 

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Word. Gase is going Full Ajayi on the New Ajayi

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

Little Known Secret:

The Jets are 5-4 with a healthy Sam Darnold and have won 4 of their last 5 games despite having the 31st rushing offense in the NFL. 

I'm not worried about this Le'Veon Bell drama because I actually don't think he's made any meaningful contributions to this team. We can lose his salary, pick up a young back, and markedly increase production at that position. 

SAR I

tumblr_mpxydcNdgL1r1mr1po1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bell is an old back who can’t get through holes, which porks everything you want to do on offense. He’s single-handedly putting Sam Darnold in second and nine all game long. Old backs suck

Or the line isn't making any holes?

9 hours ago, CTM said:

Of course but so does context. Sam is 22, Gase was hired into dysfunction and quickly excised the biggest organizational weakness. 

Making any definitive conclusion on either based on ownerships idiot decision to allow Mac another offseason to continue his work on sabotaging this teams present in future under the hallmark of "you are what your record says you are" is unwise and unfair.

This isnt to say I'm an enthusiastic supporter of either, I have serious concerns about both but they get next year to show clear progress or atleast one of them goes.(gase)

Gase definitely getting another year. So you’re right in that whatever we think this year irrelevant. Let’s see how he does next season.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:17 AM, Copernicus said:

Something is so not right with Gase/Bell/and the Jets. As the season is playing out it is becoming more clear that they are not on the same page. From Bell going from top offensive threat in the NFL to lack of carries and involvement in the offense, to the obnoxious amount of carries the RBs got on Sunday without Bell,  to the flu that was serious enough for the Jets to make Bell inactive but not serious enough that he would be able to go bowling. Something is not right here. Is Gase the bad guy for not playing him enough throughout the season? Is Bell the bad guy behind the scenes and the bowling incident and lack of awareness of being scene in public is the start of exposing why Gase seems to not like him?

How do you think this plays out? 

Jets are poor organization due to poor ownership.  They allowed a GM they knew they were going to fire to handle player acquisition in the offseason. 

This GM to be fired brought in players that do not match the head coach's philosophy (RB by committee) or scheme (zone vs. power run game).  He also neglected to bring in support players (oline) for his big FA acquisition (Bell).

The head coach the jets hired has NOT shown himself to be more than mediocre at his job this year or the past 4 years in his previous HC job with Miami.  His QB during his time in Miami (Tannehill) is having a career year and resurgence now that Adam Gase is no longer his HC.  The Jets franchise QB Sam Darnold seems to be regressing during certain games where the playcalling does not match the QB skill set.  

We are left with a our Primary FA acquisition (Bell) not having the players, the scheme, the coach or the support (new GM who did not sign him). 

After this season the Jets should move on from Lev Bell.  Not because he is a terrible player, but more likely because the NYJ are a terrible organization.  Replace Bell with players who match the HC's scheme.  Or, replace the HC with one who matches Bell strengths. 

Ideally, replace both by letting the new GM hire his own coach who answers directly to him and bring in his own players that match his HC's scheme.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm taking a slightly different view.  I think that Gase was trying to show Joe D that he can get the same production out of a JAG RB like Powell vs. a $15 million dollar trophy horse like Bell.  This was his point from Day #1 and based on the numbers he's probably not that far off...

the issue is the jag versus the star. could the star have put up better numbers if used correctly and would he help the young qb more. if your answer is yes Gase is at fault, with what you said then he knowingly hurt the team potential wins and the development of a young qb. 

That sounds like good coach? honestly does someone who want sot win and develop a young qb does that knowingly?