joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

I mean we are completely banged up on defense but they shouldn’t be playing like this

Just now, The Crusher said:

Sam showing some swag this game. 

This is why I really like this kid. You can see the talent and toughness. Yes he makes mistakes but he is still learning and still a kid.  Gotta get a supporting cast and protection around him

• Post of the Week 1

Good try by Sam and Robby.  Had pressure and the defender was all over Robby

• Upvote 2

Give the Jets offense credit stars least.  They are moving the hall. If we had a halfway decent kicker we probably would have kicked the field goal and it could have been 21-13 at least but we can’t trust him

• Upvote 1

Bad pass by Sam.  It’s funny every time there is a drop or a hesitation like Smith made Sam throws a bad pass right after.  I’m not sure if it’s frustrations but that is one thing he needs to fix

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Darnold presses to make a play after feeling like he has to do it all on his own and throws a pick. Familiar pattern. Get the kid guys he can rely on to make plays and the picks will dissappear.

I think that’s a big part of it.  Smith slowed down on the previous throw which would of been a touchdown.  Then Sam made a mistake maybe out of frustration or pressing too much 

2 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Looked like a miscommunication. Sam has thrown some bad INT's but it's at least to a guy. That one, not so much.

Bad Throw no doubt.  But the thing is despite the the kid was rolling.  I do think with Better support those mistakes will be decreased.  For example on the previous play Smith who was on the practice squad was wide open and stopped for reasons I don’t know otherwise he had a easy touchdown.  So yes Dam needs to clean up those bad picks but we still need a couple more weapons out there 

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

sh*t happens, the kid’s balling.

Doesn’t matter one bad decision and he sucks apparently lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Regardless, this offseason should literally just be focused on o-line and skill WR/TE players. 

Has to be.  

It doesn’t help that we basically don’t have a kicker.  The game should be 21-13 

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So are Allen and Jackson. Do we have to bring up his age every half hour?

I think they have slightly better teams around them 😂 

Just now, JTJet said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that too. He did an unnecessary stutter step slow down and then was a yard shy of where he should have been.

Would have been a perfect pass right in his basket. 

Yup.  That’s gotta be very frustrating.  Now Sam  still made a poor decision but this is why we gotta get him more help.  Crowder, Bell,and Robby are good pieces but need more and obviously an Oline.  Griffin has been a nice surprise.  Need Herndon to get healthy 

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Some of this is why the Darnold arguments happen.  I'm a fan of his, but that was a horrifically awful throw, so can we stop with the endless list of excuses as to why we can pretend it wasn't his fault?  He was having a good game before that, but that was embarrassing.  He stared down his receiver the entire time, and then threw it nowhere close.  Even if he thought Brown was going to cut inside, the throw still would have been short and into double coverage.  The absolute best that could have come out of that play was, if Darnold were lucky, Brown breaking up the INT.

Nobody said it wasn’t a bad decision...

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ronald is garbage. Absolute trash of a troll. 

Agreed.  He is terrible 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Defense is doing its job. Now time for the O to reciprocate

Offense played well in the first half.  Hopefully they get back to that

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Man, the QB is really our problem. 

Here we go...

• Haha 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Or... he threw it to his receiver and he caught it. This has to be the weakest thing I’ve ever read

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Don’t bother with that troll 

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Super jealous of Baltimore’s team. They are loaded. 

And more importantly they make the QB’s life much easier.  Hopefully we can build around Sam the next couple years 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

20 minutes left.

cmon Sam. Play well. get us a couple more TDS. 

I mean if they can protect him a little like the first half I could see it 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He’s a California kid. You can’t put him in New Jersey and expect him to work. This is Sanchez all over. Lamar is Florida. Tough as nails and bleeds football. Darnold is Wooterson.

Shut up already 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is still the most ridiculous narrative that I'm sick of reading.

Rodgers is from California too and he plays in f*cking Wisconsin.

He is a clown.  I have no problem with legit criticism of Sam when he makes mistakes. I pointed out the pick earlier.  But this guy has been bashing the kid basically since Day 1.  It’s funny when Sam was rolling in the first half he was ironically MIA around here lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

This is a lie.

Not really.  If you go back I said it was a bad throw 

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Are announcers not aware that we have more players on IR than any other team but the Redsoins?

If your going to ream other teams at least mention our injuries a few times.

Agreed 

Just now, GreenFish said:

He has nobody around him. This game shows that Darnold can be a top QB. He's going up against a top 5 defense with table scraps and is playing well. The 1 INT looked like miscommunication.

Sam still has some things he needs to fix no doubt but he has the talent.  We need to fix the oline number 1. Playing behind one of the worst olines in football hadn’t helped lol.  But I would like the coaches to stress to Sam to use his feet more as well because he is really dangerous when doing that 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DJF71 said:

Won't be this easy for LJ next year.

Yeah Lamar is good but when you have a GREAT team around you is makes things much more easier 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

PSA

Lamar Jackson is ONLY 22 yrs old

Ok...Nobody is saying he isn’t good but he has also has tons and tons of talent around him 

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Nope. he'da pulled down and run dfor mad yards. u cant SEE that?

Nobody is questioning his talent but he also has tremendous talent and protection around him.  Sam is gonna be very good we just need to add more around him.  Right now we have very little to help him. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company