joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I don’t blame Harrison all. Protecting his qb. That rule is a joke 

I'd have been upset had he not protected Sam there.  

Just now, FlightBoyz said:

Money Throw by Sam

Plus giving Crowder redemption after that ludicrous drop.

• Upvote 2

I'm actually pretty impressed with what our offense has done.  Sam has been terrific.

• Upvote 4

We didn't get the score there but that was a heck of a throw by Sam.  This might be his "growing up" game.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Am I the only guy NOT faulting Robby.  The D was all over him, quick throw, as Parcells said, the other team played it well.   I didn’t like the call but Sam was hurried almost immediately. 

That play felt a little bit like "The Catch" to me (only it wasn't completed).  The only reason I didn't mind the call is that Sam is very comfortable throwing on the run.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grandy said:

Every time Darnold does good things, he erases it with a backbreaking idiotic pick.

He's still only 22.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So are Allen and Jackson. Do we have to bring up his age every half hour?

You're right.  It's long overdue that he eliminates all mistakes.  After all, he's already 22 years old.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This is no "gimme" for that Ravens at all.  The Jets are giving them a tough game.  This one is not over.

Oh well.  Unless we have a "Thursday Night Miracle" in us, it's not looking good right now.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The jets are just never going to be given any calls because they are bottom feeders.  It is simple as that.

If this was the pats that would not have been a fumble and that probably would not have been a td.

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

That was not a f****** touchdown!

To be honest, I thought it was a fumble by Sam and the WR for the Ravens did drag his toe.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Zero other coaches would be better than 5-8 with this roster and these injuries.

Laughable

Anyone know what that outro music was when they just went to commercial?

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know what that outro music was when they just went to commercial?

Actually I figured it out.  If anyone is interested, it was "One Big Holiday" by My Morning Jacket.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think Ficken's nose grows a half inch every time he misses a kick

He shouldn't quit his nose job.  Er, day job.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to root for injuries, but if Harbaugh runs Lamar Jackson out there for one more play, Gregg Williams needs to set a bounty on those ankles

Right!  Let's clear a path for the Patriots to get back to the Superbowl.

Kick the XP now.  We can go for 2 on a future TD (assuming we get another).

Impressed that we converted but why the F did Gase still go for 2 after the delay of game?  If the dream is to come back and tie the game then we'd need 2 more TDs anyway.  Why not go for 2 on one of those TDs (where we'd need 2 yards) instead of this one where we'd need 7 yards?!?!

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Yeah...because Ficken's been like MONEY on XPs

It's still far more likely he'd hit the XP over gaining 7 yards on 1 play.

Just now, SAR I said:

"The Jets converted a successful 2 point conversion and it made me sad."

--TT2

Uhm, I questioned the absolutely idiotic decision by Gase to go for it after getting penalized 5 yards for delay of game.  But keep F'ing that chicken.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"The Jets converted a successful 2 point conversion and it made me sad."

--TT2

"We're trailing by 3 TDs in the 4th quarter and I'm still bragging about how great Adam Gase is"

-SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Morning after, I’m pretty pleased with what we saw. The team was coming off a 4-1 stretch and played the best team in football pretty well up until the late stages. Darnold played better against the Ravens than Tom Brady did, Bell ran hard, unknown guys stepped up to contribute all over the place, and the OL had some good series. All in all, you saw Darnold look like a non-mush, you saw the team play hard, and you saw some improvement from young players. Half the team was out, but they battled and looked semi-competent for most of it 

Agreed.  The best thing about the game was the progress showed by Darnold.  If we had an OL and some quality weapons around him, it's easy to envision him (and the offense in general) being very good.  Obviously we're a ways away from putting a good group in front of him but hopefully we'll finally have a real GM in Joe D.

I also think Darnold showed a lot of leadership qualities in the game.  I loved that he went right back to Crowder after that easy drop in the end zone.  As they broke the huddle on that play where Crowder caught the TD, it looked like Darnold said something to him. (I'm guessing something like "you're gonna get this one").

Also, I liked how he didn't let the offense quit no matter the score or the quality of the opponent.

Darnold gets a B+.  The rest of the team gets a C-.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I think the CS deserves at least as much of that credit you’re giving Sam.

After all you just said about Darnold and the offense, isn’t it fair to give Gase that same B+ also?

I think it is,

Uhm, no.  Gase is the HC of the entire team.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company