joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Still covering the spread at this point

Savor this precious time. 

It will be short-lived

• Haha 1

The good news is the backups will all be in by early in the third quarter and I can turn this off and do something else. 

Absurd call. 

How many big plays have we had called back because of calls against the OL this year

Just now, fullblast said:

Should have tried to pick it up on the ground. Would have taken more time off the clock or forced Baltimore to use time outs.

Only if we converted it

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wide open he overthrew him. 

Wrong. 

Smith stopped running

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This is still the most ridiculous narrative that I'm sick of reading.

Rodgers is from California too and he plays in f*cking Wisconsin.

Don't feed the trolls. 

Especially not with logic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

One question, when are we able to judge Darnold? Next year?

You can judge him whenever you want, as long as it's within the context of how bad the roster is around him.

I mean, I have been watching this team for decades, and have never seen such consistently bad OL play. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

brooks bollinger year,

That would be the closest thing I have seen to this

I'm not even joking, whoever looked at that replay and decided that the ball didn't clearly hit the Raven, should be fired. 

The NFL knows that decision was televised . . . right?

• Upvote 4

Just now, JiF said:

He's great on the run but those are just hard plays to execute when all you need is 1 yard.  I dont understand making it 10 yards longer, not mention each time they had a free rusher in his face.

That'st the problem with rolling out on short yardage

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

he had plenty of time on that throw...    completely untouched waiting and waiting.

You keep harping on one throw, but you are missing the bigger picture. We had 32 pass attempts tonight. 

Take a step back from your agenda. Try and see the forest through the trees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Great Post.  I have no problem pointing out his mistake but I feel there is too much agenda driven posts by a few in particular 

Definitely.

To the people who don't like Darnold, I would say this:

Take a breath. Listen, Darnold feels like a guy who will always throw some big interceptions. It's honestly not the end of the world. Plenty of really good QBs have been gunslingers who are turnover prone. If you give this guy some talent and let him grow, you can build something with him. Is this guaranteed to work out? Of course not, especially with this franchise. But, it would be awesome to actually try. 

Has Darnold proven that he is going to be the guy? Definitely not. Has he proven to be a bust? Definitely not. He has a lot of physical talent and he's still pretty raw. Let's try building this guy something close to the roster that Sanchez had in 2009 and 2010. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Also, LJ is awesome and if he can stay healthy with that style of play, will be really fun to watch for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

You are one of the better posters on here IMO.  There shouldn’t be any agenda one way or the other.  We both agree that Dam is still learning and not a finished product. He still has things he needs to correct which I’ve posted endlessly despite being called a Sam apologist lol.  As for the rest of your post I agree 100 percent

thanks bro!

I am pretty silly sometimes, but I try not to be a d*ck, for the most part. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

did i say word one about the fumble? no. it happens. the reason why I am talking about that one throw

is because of how heavily weighted it is in the WHOLE GAME context. 

what is my agenda? that i want a TOP !0 Qb. that is what i would say it is. that is what i thougt we'd get in SAM.

I still think its attainable. i LIKE Sam a great deal. I am a lifelong Jet fan who would like some day to say

"our QB is ABSOLUTELY an ELITE QB. the facts are there, its UNDENIABLE"

Again. I LIKE Sam a great deal. he's a really good kid. I think he has all the right attributes of effort and humility and desire and being a good teamate.

I have said repeatedly in gthis thread that he played like a top 10 QB through almost the entirety of th 1st half and appaluded every good play... 

Even in the Dallas game..whetre he was ALMOST impeccable and played like a top 10 dude... at the end when he threw the INT in th RZ it allowed the other team to stay in the game. Thats not HATE, its not AGENDA. Its a fact.

He needsa get better. and i wouldnt havebought the package to see this ****ed up team for the lasyt 2 years if we hasdnt drafted him and my SoCal brother handnt egged me on. Thats on me. My choice.

Cos I hope. Like we all do. thet we get one of THOSE guys.

Ok. He's not elite. Honestly? I can live with that right now. 

I think a fair goal for any QB that you draft is that you can one day build a contending team around him. 

In other words, is this guy good enough to win the Superbowl with, one day?

I think Darnold has the talent to be one of those guys. I would even go so far as to say that I think Darnold can be one of those guys while also being a big reason why the team wins. 

He's not the phenom that Mahomes or Jackson are. He may never be a top 5 guy. I personally don't need him to be. I just need him to be a guy we can win with. 

(By the way, since you brought up the Dallas game, he also drove the Jets for what ended up being the winning points after throwing that pick.)

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

this. so lets just slow the roll evefry time he has a good game and admit that there are other more talenetd guys out there doing more NOW.

he's not THAT guy, and that is no crime. But pretty pretty please stop mentioning him in the same sentence and its only the coach and situation.

( that goes for baker, rosen, kyler murray as well.)

None of these dudes would be doing what Mahomes and LJ are doing. Not close.

Agree. 

I'm not a guy who is trying to tell people that Darnold is Marino. 

And I don't even think we know the coach sucks yet. 

I think we know the roster sucks and I think we know we have a raw QB with a lot of physical talent. I think we should try to develop this guy with an actual NFL offensive line and at least one more really good young WR. 

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company