joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I hope the jets do well if not pull off an upset just so i can hear all the national media that have slandered the jets all year to back pedal and start fellating them for a week until they lose again at which time they are once again a joke.

What the.... 😳

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Have you never notice the laughable national nfl media that will make a judgment on a team or player on the basis of about 2 games, then totally change their opinion and talk all along as if they knew the team or player was better or worse, then 2 games later do the same thing?

Oh, okay. Reading your post made me think you felt they only had an agenda against the Jets.

You’re usually are pretty levelheaded, that’s why I was so surprised.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Great song. 

I saw him last year in Charlotte when he was on his farewell tour. He was always one of my favorites, and “Still the same” always makes me think of an old gf. She told me years after we broke up it’s like he was singing about me.

i don’t know what that says about me, lol. I used to get the same thing from a group of friends with Carly Simon’s “You’re so vain”...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

#EliteRunD

That stats gonna take a beating. We’re done with the cream puff portion of our schedule.

15 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Sam looking good so far, keeping the haters off this thread, so far...

Grow up.

everyone has said how well he’s playing. He’s the only reason we’re watching tonight.

everyone here is a Jets fan. Just enjoy him playing well, no need to act like a child.

• Confused 2

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

They say there's no moral victories in football.. I say b*******! We're playing the best team in the league right now with our second and third stringers.  the Jets are actually making this a game. Sam Darnold.

Agreed Offense looks great. Defense is overmatched though.need a stop before it gets out of hand.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's still only 22.

So are Allen and Jackson. Do we have to bring up his age every half hour?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think they have slightly better teams around them 😂 

Yes they do.... And what does that have to do with the fact that they’re all the same age?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, whoever asked if Wesco is alive, there's your answer

It was me. 

I liked him better dead.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like Darnold but I can see some people feeling he is not the guy.

A new Qb will do NOTHING unless you fix large parts of the team.

Bring in the QB of your choice and he'll get his ass kicked with this team.

Can’t argue that. Joe Montana would struggle too. 

Just want to see the kid cut down on the mistakes. 

Hes been better with that the last few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nah. Brady is done, sonthey wanna make Lamar Jackson the face of the league. The ugly, ugly face.....

Chuck Berry?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Exactly...they’re souping this kid up like he is sure thing hall of fame...he’s not.  They’ll get more tape on him.

22 year old mvp. How much would we like having that? @Losmeister posted something last week. They were 4-5 when he took over for Flacco.

Something like 15-3 since. How much tape they need?

19 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

why not?

everyone else will get faster?

dude gets 10-15 yd runs every game w/o being touched.

His skill set is elite. PUNTO.

You knew it was coming, look below for the magic word, lol

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I dont think what he does is sustainable but we'll see. People thought that about Kapernick too

#sustainable

21 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He’s not winning any Super Bowls, even playing with this super stacked team.

You hate him, huh?

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Back hip leg pain taking generic Lyrica heavy dose add alcohol I spend the night on the toilet. 

TMI

a simple “nah, just didn’t feel like it” next time maybe?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  Nobody disagrees that Lamar is very talented but saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” or that Sam wouldn’t be good with the Ravens is just f@cking laughable 

Why is that f***ing laughable? They changed everything about their offense so it revolves around him.

Hes a phenomenal runner. As good as any RB in the league.

Excellent passer.

I get what you and @JiF are saying that Darnold has absolutely no help, he played really well tonight. But...

He isn’t the runner LJ is obviously. He doesn’t throw the deep ball as well as LJ, and short passing game LJ has a huge advantage because of his threat to run. He’s a one man show, he has everything on his plate.

That is in no way a knock on Sam, it’s something I think anyone should be able to see, and admit.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t disagree with what you said about his ability.  I just don’t buy that he is carrying everybody and that he doesn’t have a very great team around him.  That’s not a slight against him that’s just my assessment 

That’s fair, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled.

just remember that this same Raven roster was 4-5with Flacco last year, and has been 16-2 with Jackson.

Thats taking a meh team and making it great. As a 21 yo rookie, now 22.  The definition of difference maker.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We saw what special looks like tonight.

That kid is special isn’t he.

Remember last year we thought Mahomes was a Madden player?

LJ is out Maddening him, lol.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone here is doom and gloom but I see a team put into a spot against the best team in the league that gave it all but came up short. Team played hard, QB played well, the coach called aggressive plays because he had to compensate for a huge talent gap.

This.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely.

To the people who don't like Darnold, I would say this:

Take a breath. Listen, Darnold feels like a guy who will always throw some big interceptions. It's honestly not the end of the world. Plenty of really good QBs have been gunslingers who are turnover prone. If you give this guy some talent and let him grow, you can build something with him. Is this guaranteed to work out? Of course not, especially with this franchise. But, it would be awesome to actually try. 

Has Darnold proven that he is going to be the guy? Definitely not. Has he proven to be a bust? Definitely not. He has a lot of physical talent and he's still pretty raw. Let's try building this guy something close to the roster that Sanchez had in 2009 and 2010. 

You know how critical I’ve been about the people who refuse to admit any flaws in his game. I always brought them up.

i have to give him credit though. He’s been impressing me a lot the last few weeks. He’s not perfect, but he’s got a chance.. 

We really need to build around him though. After Baltimore’s first score in the 2nd half, all I was worried about was him not getting killed when their defense could pin their ears back.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Lotta great songs by Bob, and the SBB. I think he is underrated at least in my circle of music growing up I appreciated him as I listened to him more over the years.

Same with me.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company