joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

Crowder seems to be giving them some trouble.  Keep going to him until they show they can do anything about it.

Bell also seeming to have a better game too.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Crowder seems to be giving them some trouble.  Keep going to him until they show they can do anything about it.

Bell also seeming to have a better game too.

I just had to go and ******* jinx it, didn't I?  Son of a...

These penalties are obnoxious, but don't blame them at all for trying to jump the snap here.  They're losing pretty much nothing.

• Upvote 2

Nice play by Smith.

Certainly has plenty of progress to make to be a consistent contributor, but he's shown himself to have some real talent.

Just now, MS jets Fan said:

They need to run outside the tackles that's where the Ravens are weak

Gase refuses to ever call outside runs, for whatever reason.

Not easy, but Robby's gotta do something there.  Meanwhile, Crowder was friggin' triple covered and pretty much everyone else just standing there assuming they weren't getting thrown to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fullblast said:

Should have tried to pick it up on the ground. Would have taken more time off the clock or forced Baltimore to use time outs.

That's assuming they got it.  If not, the clock stops on the turnover on downs.

Not that I liked the particular call, but pass vs run isn't a major difference maker there, short of going out of your way to not score on that play.

Just now, JiF said:

Does the same rule apply to pass interference?  It's got to be a both review under 2 minutes?

How is that acceptable then that it wasnt reviewed?  It was ******* blatant. 

It does apply, but ya know... Jets.

Some of this is why the Darnold arguments happen.  I'm a fan of his, but that was a horrifically awful throw, so can we stop with the endless list of excuses as to why we can pretend it wasn't his fault?  He was having a good game before that, but that was embarrassing.  He stared down his receiver the entire time, and then threw it nowhere close.  Even if he thought Brown was going to cut inside, the throw still would have been short and into double coverage.  The absolute best that could have come out of that play was, if Darnold were lucky, Brown breaking up the INT.

• Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Was the throw down the sideline to Jeff Smith bad?  The uneducated fan would say the ball was thrown too far ahead of the WR.  The guy who knows football knows that Smith slowed down instead of running the route at speed, otherwise that is a BIG completion.

Now, did the backup to the backup TE run the correct route when he turned outside instead of inside where Darnold threw the ball?  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  But that "horrific throw" as you called it is perfect if the TE had turned the other way.  These are timing patterns, that ball is thrown BEFORE the TE makes his break.

I'd like to know who is at fault for these INTs and incompletions.  The fact of the matter is that TV viewers only think it's the WR/TEs fault if they see a ball hit him in the hands and drop it.  Anything that is intercepted or incomplete, overthrown, etc. they assume is a bad throw and not a route that was run incorrectly, a break made too early or late, or a pattern run at the wrong speed.

At best, it was a throw into double coverage on a guy he stared down.  There is no excuse for that.

The entire argument is making a baseless assumption that he's not responsible, solely to fit an agenda.  The Jeff Smith situation has evidence to support it.  The Brown situation is nothing more than excuses for the guy that is more liked.

• Haha 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

This is bullsh*t

If Douglas doesn’t invest every resource into the OL and receiving corps then he can suck my ass.

Edge and CB can wait

But I hear there should be a great DT on the board when the Jets pick.  Total steal.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

shocked anyone is viewing this game and making judgements...  JEFF SMITH is starting and playing an important role.

like 70% of the starters going into the season are hurt including most of the best players.

you can't take anything out of this game other than the effort displayed and it hasn't been terrible. 

Oh crap, Pac going into full on Pac mode about all of this?  We're all totally screwed now.  Nothing is more certain to be an unmitigated disaster than this defense coming out of the woodwork.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Well special teams at least showed up tonight.

I just had to go and say something positive again... like I shouldn't know better by now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I think Ficken's nose grows a half inch every time he misses a kick

Come on, Ficken's nose isn't that big.

• Upvote 1

Alright, it's all coming together now.  Just need to score as many points in the next 1/2 quarter as the first 3 1/2.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company