joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I totally forgot that they are on tonight lol

On Tuesday my friend who is a Giants fan texted me, "Jets are looking better.  I guarantee they don't lose to Baltimore next Sunday!"

I just sat on it for a while not sure where this optimism was coming from or why he'd say that....until I remembered they play on Thursday. lol

• Upvote 3

That last offensive drive encapsulates the season for me:

1. Darnold making some good passes and smart decisions.

2. Bell has talent if there's a hole.  15 yards.

3. Offensive line can't block, Darnold almost tosses a Pick-6 trying to make too much happen and not take the sack.

4. Ficken misses a FG.

The good parts are what we thought they were.  The bad parts are too.

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Missing Jamal tonight big time.

Not really.  I mean, he doesn't play a "premium position" they say around here.

We've exposed their weakness.

Kickoff coverage.

As the Ravens continue to score TDs we will be able to continue exploiting it and running out to the 35 yard line.

All.Day.Baby!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

LOL.  Jamal Adams is making a business decision not playing tonight.  You actually believe he'd be changing anything right now?

Yes, the Ravens would be getting TDs on 9 play drives instead of 7 play drives. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Way to battle back, Sam moving around well in the pocket (nice to see some roll outs). No answer for Lamar and company yet, but that was a big drive for the Jets offense. Especially after a terrible penalty and big drop by Crowder. Keep fighting!

Could have easily folded like a tent after the penalty to setup 1st and 25, and again after the Crowder drop.

Resilient....and that's a positive.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Xtina said:

I think we have Favre 2.0 ? 

We wish we had that.  We have the gunslinger part of Favre sometimes but we're not getting enough of the good stuff.

I defend Darnold a lot and, for most part, he's played fairly well this game, but that was ugly, ugly, ugly.  From the TV camera angle it appeared that he never even looked to his right where at least 2-3 WRs were lined up.  Now, they were running across in front of him so maybe he didn't need to truly look right but it seemed Robby was going to be open shallow.  As the kids say....I dunno.

Missed opportunities.  This could/should be a 21-14 game right now (that could have been PI in the end zone on Robby).  And we'd be thrilled if the Jets were only down 21-14 at the half.

All in all...aside from Lamar and Ingram running wild, dare I say that we look reasonably competitive???  Or no?

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Man we had 2 shots and couldn’t even come away with 3

that said we are kinda hanging with the ravens 

I agree.

We're reasonably competitive and it should be 21-14.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hope that's what happened. Not sure though.

And how about Practice Squad Smith slowing down the route down the sideline only to end up a yard short of where he should have been and where the ball was delivered?  This is a game of missed opportunities, bad routes, poor decisions and backups not being where they're supposed to be.

• Upvote 2

One thing that might be going unnoticed.....I think Gase is coaching one of his best games of the year.  He has schemed routes that are getting guys open all over the place and on 3rd downs.  He schemed Crowder so wide open that Crowder forgot to look the ball into his hands.  He had that Practice Squad Smith guy open down the sideline.  He's getting Vincent Smith a little involved.  Some of the rushing plays are now working with Bell.

Aside from the missed FG and two "could have been" TDs the offense is actually playing very well.

Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Some of this is why the Darnold arguments happen.  I'm a fan of his, but that was a horrifically awful throw, so can we stop with the endless list of excuses as to why we can pretend it wasn't his fault?  He was having a good game before that, but that was embarrassing.  He stared down his receiver the entire time, and then threw it nowhere close.  Even if he thought Brown was going to cut inside, the throw still would have been short and into double coverage.

Was the throw down the sideline to Jeff Smith bad?  The uneducated fan would say the ball was thrown too far ahead of the WR.  The guy who knows football knows that Smith slowed down instead of running the route at speed, otherwise that is a BIG completion.

Now, did the backup to the backup TE run the correct route when he turned outside instead of inside where Darnold threw the ball?  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  But that "horrific throw" as you called it is perfect if the TE had turned the other way.  These are timing patterns, that ball is thrown BEFORE the TE makes his break.

I'd like to know who is at fault for these INTs and incompletions.  The fact of the matter is that TV viewers only think it's the WR/TEs fault if they see a ball hit him in the hands and drop it.  Anything that is intercepted or incomplete, overthrown, etc. they assume is a bad throw and not a route that was run incorrectly, a break made too early or late, or a pattern run at the wrong speed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Well this went south in a hurry

I thought it actually took a while. lol

Seriously, the Jets were on the doorstep twice at the end of the Half.  Could have easily been 21-14 had Robby caught that TD.

Jets made a stop on the Ravens first drive in the 3rd Quarter.  And then yes, it started to really head down the crapper!!!

world s reactions GIF

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The starting QB missed three games. The backup QB will miss 15 games. The WR1, TE1, LT1, LG1, RG1, OC1, and RT1 have all missed significant time, if not the whole season. 

Aren't we also missing the "2" or "3" for a lot of those positions as well?  TE2 (Griffin), LT2 (Ijalana, Qvale, etc.), etc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Kick the XP now.  We can go for 2 on a future TD (assuming we get another).

We can’t kick XPs dude. 

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company