joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Jackson has so much time. And receivers so wide open. 

“Stop making excuses for Sam” sarcasm 😂 

Just now, TeddEY said:

@Jets723 This is why you're full of sh*t when you pretend to be balanced re: Sam Darnold.

You buttfumbled a statement of fact.

And you are so objective....

It’s just completely opposite situations.  Two good young QBs But obviously one team just has tons of talent and obvious better coaching 

• Like 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

and an obviously better QB. why cant you just SAY IT?

Let me ask you something do you honestly think Lamar would be great playing with the guys Sam plays with?  I’m not saying Sam is better than Lamar but that needs to be taken into account 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

game changing play? Sam's horrible INT. 

every INT isnt created equally. that was just...  smh...   terrible.

He'd been playing like a top 10 QB til that point.

Not saying we COULDA won..  but we coulda stayed in the game longer. 

Ok...

Yes. He'd still be great. AS great, no.

b/c.. b/c HE"S GREAT!!!!!  Harbaugh didnt help him win the friggin heisman, or no, it was the stellar cast in Lville and Booby ******* Petrino??? 

I can’t take you seriously. Gotta be a little fair 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

Exactly.  I never said Sam is better than Lamar currently but anybody who says Lamar would be the same player on this Jets team is just being ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

Yeah I agree with that.  There is no doubt he needs to cut down those picks he throws.  But He really does have to run for his life most games.  I think we did a good job signing Crowder and need to keep Robby.  I actually like Bell but it’s clear Gase doesn’t.  Herndon and Griffin also had good chemistry with Sam

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

Absolutely.  Nobody disagrees that Lamar is very talented but saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” or that Sam wouldn’t be good with the Ravens is just f@cking laughable 

Just now, JiF said:

I more so was referring to tonight.  Switch roles the outcome doesnt change 

But yeah, maybe he'd have 6, possibly 7 maybe not likely with Jackson

Yeah absolutely.  

what EXCACTLY did a well protected Sam and his roster have to do with that really horrible INT?

Well protected Sam?  lol 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, JiF said:

Like when Jeff Smith stopped running on a easy TD? 

I dont even know the TE's name.  Brown?  Something Brown? 

Yeah that was bad.  I have no idea why Smith stopped running 

• Upvote 1

he had plenty of time on that throw...    completely untouched waiting and waiting.

Once again nobody is saying it wasn’t a bad decision. But you act like Darnold has been horrible he hasn’t.  Does he have things he needs to fix? Absolutely.  Does the kid have talent? Absolutely.   But it’s not an excuse to say he has played behind one of the worst olines in the past two years with limited weapons...that’s a fact

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Why is that? They changed everything so it revolves around him.

Hes a phenomenal runner. As good as any RB in the league.

Excellent passer.

I get what you and @jif are saying that Darnold has absolutely no help, he played really well tonight. But...

He isn’t the runner LJ is obviously. He doesn’t throw the deep ball as well as LJ, and short passing game LJ has a huge advantage because of his threat to run. He’s a one man show, he has everything on his plate.

That is in no way a knock on Sam, it’s something I think anyone should be able to see, and admit.

I don’t disagree with what you said about his ability.  I just don’t buy that he is carrying everybody and that he doesn’t have a very great team around him.  That’s not a slight against him that’s just my assessment 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You keep harping on one throw, but you are missing the bigger picture. We had 32 pass attempts tonight. 

Take a step back from your agenda. Try and see the forest through the trees. 

Great Post.  I have no problem pointing out his mistake but I feel there is too much agenda driven posts by a few in particular 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

We win this game if we have Adams and Mosley. 

Of course nobody mentions that.  Made it a hell of a lot easier for Baltimore to move the ball that’s for damn sure 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

That’s fair, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled.

just remember that this same Raven roster was 4-5with Flacco last year, and has been 16-2 with Jackson.

Thats taking a meh team and making it great. As a 21 yo rookie, now 22.  The definition of difference maker.

I mean I think the Ravens are a much better team than that.  I’m not saying Lamar Jackson doesn’t deserve praise I just think it’s going a little overboard saying he is carrying everything. The team is loaded. I don’t care if I get called an apologist it’s the complete opposite situation for Sam.  I’m not saying he is better than Lamar(right now at least). But you gotta admit it’s night and day when it comes to protection/supporting cast and coaching lol

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely.

To the people who don't like Darnold, I would say this:

Take a breath. Listen, Darnold feels like a guy who will always throw some big interceptions. It's honestly not the end of the world. Plenty of really good QBs have been gunslingers who are turnover prone. If you give this guy some talent and let him grow, you can build something with him. Is this guaranteed to work out? Of course not, especially with this franchise. But, it would be awesome to actually try. 

Has Darnold proven that he is going to be the guy? Definitely not. Has he proven to be a bust? Definitely not. He has a lot of physical talent and he's still pretty raw. Let's try building this guy something close to the roster that Sanchez had in 2009 and 2010. 

You are one of the better posters on here IMO.  There shouldn’t be any agenda one way or the other.  We both agree that Sam is still learning and not a finished product. He still has things he needs to correct which I’ve posted endlessly despite being called a Sam apologist lol.  As for the rest of your post I agree 100 percent

• Upvote 2

You know how critical I’ve been about the people who refuse to admit any flaws in his game. I always brought them up.

i have to give him credit though. He’s been impressing me a lot the last few weeks. He’s not perfect, but he’s got a chance.. 

We really need to build around him though. After Baltimore’s first score in the 2nd half, all I was worried about was him not getting killed when their defense could pin their ears back.

Exactly.  No QB is gonna look perfect playing behind this line and with only a few weapons who I like but aren’t elite.  So that’s why I get upset at some who are too overly critical too

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok. He's not elite. Honestly? I can live with that right now. 

I think a fair goal for any QB that you draft is that you can one day build a contending team around him. 

In other words, is this guy good enough to win the Superbowl with, one day?

I think Darnold has the talent to be one of those guys. I would even go so far as to say that I think Darnold can be one of those guys while also being a big reason why the team wins. 

He's not the phenom that Mahomes or Jackson are. He may never be a top 5 guy. I personally don't need him to be. I just need him to be a guy we can win with. 

(By the way, since you brought up the Dallas game, he also drove the Jets for what ended up being the winning points after throwing that pick.)

Plus it’s way too early to say Darnold won’t be elite we don’t know.  Until we get the kid some better protection and more weapons we should t make any evaluation.  In my opinion Sam would be a very hard QB to stop with a better oline and even just one more good wide receiver

• Upvote 2

this. so lets just slow the roll evefry time he has a good game and admit that there are other more talenetd guys out there doing more NOW.

he's not THAT guy, and that is no crime. But pretty pretty please stop mentioning him in the same sentence and its only the coach and situation.

( that goes for baker, rosen, kyler murray as well.)

None of these dudes would be doing what Mahomes and LJ are doing. Not close.

To be fair he still could be that guy.  Sam could end up being elite.  Still to early to say he can’t especially until he gets more help around him

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

LJ is breaking the mold, broke NFL QB rushing in 1st full year, will break most TD passes for Ravens in 1st full year,

has 2-3 10-20 yds runs where he is intouched almost every single game.

I get that.  But we have Sam and I’m pretty damn happy that we do.  Things are gonna get better and I’m telling you Sam is gonna be bigtime he has too much talent. Honestly he has played well considering being behind one of the worst lines and limited weapons. Imagine how good he can be when he finally had protection and different options 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

if we go like this any longer you me an slimjais are gonna be going to spa weekends, ffs

happy christmas GIF

No thanks no offense 

Have to disagree with you here my friend.

We got beat like a drum.

The offense was moving the ball better then expected. Nothing wrong with the play calling. Better execution, by better players would’ve been nice.

I agree the offense was moving the ball.  Obviously Baltimore is a much better team although we are just decimated by injuries as well

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

How dare he compliment the probable MVP after a great performance...

he deserves the compliments BUT I do kinda agree with JoeWilly a bit.  Its ind of going overboard especially since that whole team is really good too

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We did until just before the half. The int and the fumble were killers though. Darnold was pretty good otherwise.

The team did play as well as could be expected though. The Ravens and Patriots were both in a different class then us this year, those 3 games were above our pay grade.

The INT was a bad decision I agree  the fumble of course I want him to hold onto it but Wesco got abused and the defender was on top of him in no time.  Plus I think his knee was down regardless.  I think the biggest play was Smith stopping when Sam threw a perfect TD pass to him.  Obviously Sam cant follow that up with a INT I get hat but that play with Smith was the big killer IMO

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company