joewilly12

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So is Lamar Jackson. 

They're clearly on level playing fields and being asked the same of them for their teams. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yes.  I like losing.

That throw is why the Jets are losing. 

He wasnt down? 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

This is bullsh*t

If Douglas doesn’t invest every resource into the OL and receiving corps then he can suck my ass.

Edge and CB can wait

All offense offseason.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Ah, so, because it's not the reason they're losing, it's good.

Precisely! 

Terrible throw.  Bust.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The fat DT whom they drafted third overall to supplement the fat DE they drafted sixth overall to replace the DE they drafted ninth overall is such a non-factor that we didn’t even notice he wasn’t playing tonight. The third round rookie pass rusher is possibly on a practice squad somewhere but nobody knows for sure. The third round right tackle was so awful that he’s made Brandon Shell an indispensable player by comparison. The fourth round TE is an abomination of a player. The fifth round ILB has a million shoulder injuries in college and is out with a shoulder injury. The sixth round CB, however, has shown promise 

mc hammer GIF

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

shocked anyone is viewing this game and making judgements...  JEFF SMITH is starting and playing an important role.

like 70% of the starters going into the season are hurt including most of the best players.

you can't take anything out of this game other than the effort displayed and it hasn't been terrible. 

The bizarre part is how this it's routinely pointed out how this is one of the worst rosters in the league yet here we are and it seems as if the expectations are that this team can hang with the best team in the NFL an Sam Darnold should be rising above it all. 

This league is terrible 

• Post of the Week 2

Terrible throw.  Total bust this kid.

I'm almost impressed it's only 13-35. 

See that pass?  Looked like a girl

1 minute ago, Pac said:

effort on both sides has been good all night..  that's a good sign for when the walking wounded return in 2020.

it hasn't been that bad of a night for Gase.

75% of the players on the field tonight are practice squad level players on a legitimate team.  

• Upvote 1

That was a very impressive TD throw by Lamar Jackson.  Amazing how he did that.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to root for injuries, but if Harbaugh runs Lamar Jackson out there for one more play, Gregg Williams needs to set a bounty on those ankles

I just said to myself, I dont root for injuries but I might laugh if someone significant limped off the field for the Ravens. 

On the move, avoiding pressure, to a 5'9 WR running a crosser to the sideline with a defender draped all over him.  

Nex play, has to create room, pressure in the face, throw to the corner, WR draped by defended. 

This is what we ask Sam to do to be successful.  

Then look at what Jackson is asked to do. 

• Upvote 3

Help me understand that play call.  That's the 2nd time on 4th and 1 they roll him out so far and deep from the LOS and give him only 2 WR's in route.  It's ridiculously easy to defend and hard to execute. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

the prevailing idea is Sam is ELITE when rolling out....

He's great on the run but those are just hard plays to execute when all you need is 1 yard.  I dont understand making it 10 yards longer, not mention each time they had a free rusher in his face.

• Upvote 2

btw, LJ for Jets would beat .Sam with Rafvens roster. Straight up. Far better player.

Now you've just gone loco amigo

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Part of the reason he rolls out so 'far and deep' is because the edge rusher beats his man off the line every time.

At least that's what I'm seeing.

Yeah but the role out seems to be taking him that far out by design and the free rusher just compounded it both times.

It looked the same exact play too...

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you cannot see the vast difference in the athletic ability of these 2 players?

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I also cant help but wonder how the game would have played out if they called the blatant PI in the endzone.  7 point game, Sam leads to TD drives to start the game, confidence high.  Unpredictable but more trying to highlight how bad officiating is and how much it's playing a factor into the outcome of the game, not to mention the fumble and the punt that hit their player.  Huge swings right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

you think LJ couldnt out run the LB on all those roll outs?

LJ is a better player... ..there are ZERO plays Sam makes LJ cant. On the other hand....   

LJ has so much more on his plate its staggering. And he handles it like a boss.

they ask him to carry the offense. 

No way on gods green earth Sam goes 16-2 on the Ravens., hes not goo dneough to do that.

he still may be a top 10 dude. i think its possible. LJ is top 5 NOW.

Ravens WRs are pedestrian.

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

This is well put.

I also feel like everything he has to do is at like an 8-10 difficulty level vs. the other guy.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you think we'd have 5 wins now with LJ? Same ******* squad?

I more so was referring to tonight.  Switch roles the outcome doesnt change 

But yeah, maybe he'd have 6, possibly 7 maybe not likely with Jackson

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The 4th string TE ran a post instead of sticking the route.  It was a miscommunication.

Like when Jeff Smith stopped running on a easy TD? 

I dont even know the TE's name.  Brown?  Something Brown? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

really? you think LJ is only a 1-2 win over a bootom 5 QB?

smh. we disagree. LJ woulda been in the game at the end of the 4q, no dount. Samwoukdnt have 20 yds rusing much less 80, et cet et cet....

agree to disagree homey, the situations are so drastically different it's not even remotely comparable 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Morning after, I’m pretty pleased with what we saw. The team was coming off a 4-1 stretch and played the best team in football pretty well up until the late stages. Darnold played better against the Ravens than Tom Brady did, Bell ran hard, unknown guys stepped up to contribute all over the place, and the OL had some good series. All in all, you saw Darnold look like a non-mush, you saw the team play hard, and you saw some improvement from young players. Half the team was out, but they battled and looked semi-competent for most of it 

Agreed.  I'm not disappointed in the slightest.  The Jets took a ragtag team of practice squaders into a hostile environment on a short week vs. the best team in Football and I thought put up a respectable performance, final score withstanding.   

Like I said last night, I felt like I was watching my Gators host Eat Tennessee St. in the Swamp, that's how drastic the talent level was between the 2 teams and yet, I think I would have walked away saying, East Tennessee put up a good fight and has a player at the QB position. 

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company