***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

Just now, Xtina said:

I think we have Favre 2.0 ? 

We wish we had that.  We have the gunslinger part of Favre sometimes but we're not getting enough of the good stuff.

I defend Darnold a lot and, for most part, he's played fairly well this game, but that was ugly, ugly, ugly.  From the TV camera angle it appeared that he never even looked to his right where at least 2-3 WRs were lined up.  Now, they were running across in front of him so maybe he didn't need to truly look right but it seemed Robby was going to be open shallow.  As the kids say....I dunno.

Missed opportunities.  This could/should be a 21-14 game right now (that could have been PI in the end zone on Robby).  And we'd be thrilled if the Jets were only down 21-14 at the half.

All in all...aside from Lamar and Ingram running wild, dare I say that we look reasonably competitive???  Or no?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Darnold presses to make a play after feeling like he has to do it all on his own and throws a pick. Familiar pattern. Get the kid guys he can rely on to make plays and the picks will dissappear.

I don't know man, that's just an unbelievably bad decision.

Eh I’m chalking that up to the scrubs and not Darnold. You’re still the man Sam 

Exactly. It’s kind of comical with how decimated we are around him. He’s not perfect but I think he’s playing rather well.
The pick was ugly but it’s more likely our 3rd string TE making the mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The TE did not seem to know what to do there but still a bad pass.  I'll say it again, Darnold has the ability to run he should be running at least 5 times a game.

Beer, I think he is clearly being told to not run. He still has mono. They talked about how they needed to readjust his pad for his spleen.

nope. That was on Sam. played a great game until that point. I still say some of that is on the coach though. Theres no reason for that type of play in that situation. Pass out to the sideline or to the endzone. No reason for that middle stuff with the field position.

Yeah he definitely looked good. Seriously hope somehow that interception was the tight ends fault but didn't look like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Disappointing end to the half. Sam was playing lights out up until that throw... the game feels a lot closer than the score is

This is true but doesn't really matter.

Gase play calling is driving me crazy. Why not use player like say bell to grab that pass... whatever. 

Bad throw but def looked like miscommunication. 

That practice squad guy made practice squad type play by not going hard the whole play. That would have been a TD. 

Team needs better players for sure

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Exactly. It’s kind of comical with how decimated we are around him. He’s not perfect but I think he’s playing rather well.
The pick was ugly but it’s more likely our 3rd string TE making the mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Should’ve had a TD before but instead he was throwing to a practice squad guy. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Looked like a miscommunication. Sam has thrown some bad INT's but it's at least to a guy. That one, not so much.

Bad Throw no doubt.  But the thing is despite the the kid was rolling.  I do think with Better support those mistakes will be decreased.  For example on the previous play Smith who was on the practice squad was wide open and stopped for reasons I don’t know otherwise he had a easy touchdown.  So yes Dam needs to clean up those bad picks but we still need a couple more weapons out there