***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

Just now, Welp said:

Darnold is playing with 3rd string receivers the pocket was clean, he wasn't pressured, he meant to throw that pass there expecting Brown to be there. That had to be miscommunication on that route.

We've seen him just throw balls up for grabs before, but that one did not look at all like that. It really did look like he expected the TE to break inside.  Hopefully he shakes it off and has a strong 2nd half.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hope that's what happened. Not sure though.

And how about Practice Squad Smith slowing down the route down the sideline only to end up a yard short of where he should have been and where the ball was delivered?  This is a game of missed opportunities, bad routes, poor decisions and backups not being where they're supposed to be.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Really? Let’s first get the obvious out if the way that we very likely would’ve been stuffed, you do realize the clock stops no matter what on change of possession right?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sure, but the clock also stops on an incomplete pass. The idea, obviously, is to convert.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

And how about Practice Squad Smith slowing down the route down the sideline only to end up a yard short of where he should have been and where the ball was delivered?  This is a game of missed opportunities, bad routes, poor decisions and backups not being where they're supposed to be.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that too. He did an unnecessary stutter step slow down and then was a yard shy of where he should have been.

Would have been a perfect pass right in his basket. 

• Upvote 1

Some of this is why the Darnold arguments happen.  I'm a fan of his, but that was a horrifically awful throw, so can we stop with the endless list of excuses as to why we can pretend it wasn't his fault?  He was having a good game before that, but that was embarrassing.  He stared down his receiver the entire time, and then threw it nowhere close.  Even if he thought Brown was going to cut inside, the throw still would have been short and into double coverage.  The absolute best that could have come out of that play was, if Darnold were lucky, Brown breaking up the INT.

• Haha 1

One thing that might be going unnoticed.....I think Gase is coaching one of his best games of the year.  He has schemed routes that are getting guys open all over the place and on 3rd downs.  He schemed Crowder so wide open that Crowder forgot to look the ball into his hands.  He had that Practice Squad Smith guy open down the sideline.  He's getting Vincent Smith a little involved.  Some of the rushing plays are now working with Bell.

Aside from the missed FG and two "could have been" TDs the offense is actually playing very well.

Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!  Missed opportunities!

• Upvote 2

Sure, but the clock also stops on an incomplete pass. The idea, obviously, is to convert.

If you don’t convert the clock stops period, the clock has nothing to do with any of it, the point is the best play to to score or get a first down, and with our OL and their D, there is zero percent getting a 1st down on a run.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, JTJet said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that too. He did an unnecessary stutter step slow down and then was a yard shy of where he should have been.

Would have been a perfect pass right in his basket. 

Yup.  That’s gotta be very frustrating.  Now Sam  still made a poor decision but this is why we gotta get him more help.  Crowder, Bell,and Robby are good pieces but need more and obviously an Oline.  Griffin has been a nice surprise.  Need Herndon to get healthy 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Some of this is why the Darnold arguments happen.  I'm a fan of his, but that was a horrifically awful throw, so can we stop with the endless list of excuses as to why we can pretend it wasn't his fault?  He was having a good game before that, but that was embarrassing.  He stared down his receiver the entire time, and then threw it nowhere close.  Even if he thought Brown was going to cut inside, the throw still would have been short and into double coverage.

He goes into total vapor lock on occasion, for varying duration. Sometimes it's for whole games. Let's hope he moves past that terrible, awful, no good throw.