Jump to content

***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Meh. Game went how we all should’ve expected.

Nice to see that the players played hard again, they easily could’ve quit. 

This isnt getting enough traction. These guys have been playing harder than I would have thought. 

Although regardless of his production tonight, I dont think the same can be said for Bell. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is bullsh*t If Douglas doesn’t invest every resource into the OL and receiving corps then he can suck my ass. Edge and CB can wait

That’s was all Sam in that drive Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like Darnold but I can see some people feeling he is not the guy. A new Qb will do NOTHING unless you fix large parts of the team. Bring in the QB of your choice and he'll get his ass kick

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s probably high, when you don’t trust the run game, that’s what you get.

the point is.. SHOULD they trust the run game? i'd say no. thats just me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

game changing play? Sam's horrible INT. 

every INT isnt created equally. that was just...  smh...   terrible.

He'd been playing like a top 10 QB til that point.

Not saying we COULDA won..  but we coulda stayed in the game longer. 

Stop. I'm not defending Sam. He's got problems. This roster that we trot our there, week after week, is abysmal. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Which means running for 1 yard was better than what - a 70/30 chance of success? Better than a pass attempt

Gase was trying to score 3 fast TD’s, not 1 measly first down, trying to catch the D napping. Didn’t work. If it did, they’d say it was a brilliant decision. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

game changing play? Sam's horrible INT. 

every INT isnt created equally. that was just...  smh...   terrible.

He'd been playing like a top 10 QB til that point.

Not saying we COULDA won..  but we coulda stayed in the game longer. 

The Jets had to play the perfect game to beat the top team in the AFC.

we’re just not good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

QUICK HITTERS:

  1. The Jets played hard tonight.  Pathetically, this is the best that we can hope for.
  2. Daryl Roberts playing safety (or defensive back, for that matter) has to end.
  3. Adam Gase should be sh*tcanned on December 30, Chris Johnson's lies be damned.
  4. Sam Darnold continues to wow me and terrify me in the same game each and every week.
  5. It's embarrassing how bad Gase and his gnome friend Dowell are at utilizing Bell, particu,arly with not ever splitting him out as a wideout, but
  6. You can't be embarrassed when you're completely used to it.
  7. I finally have reached Just End The Season levels.  Can't believe I have to go sit in the cold and watch this team next week.
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Let me ask you something do you honestly think Lamar would be great playing with the guys Sam plays with?  I’m not saying Sam is better than Lamar but that needs to be taken into account 

Yes. He'd still be great. AS great, no.

b/c.. b/c HE"S GREAT!!!!!  Harbaugh didnt help him win the friggin heisman, or no, it was the stellar cast in Lville and Booby ******* Petrino??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nj meadowlands said:

QUICK HITTERS:

  1. The Jets played hard tonight.  Pathetically, this is the best that we can hope for.
  2. Daryl Roberts playing safety (or defensive back, for that matter) has to end.
  3. Adam Gase should be sh*tcanned on December 30, Chris Johnson's lies be damned.
  4. Sam Darnold continues to wow me and terrify me in the same game each and every week.
  5. It's embarrassing how bad Gase and his gnome friend Dowell are at utilizing Bell, particu,arly with not ever splitting him out as a wideout, but
  6. You can't be embarrassed when you're completely used to it.
  7. I finally have reached Just End The Season levels.  Can't believe I have to go sit in the cold and watch this team next week.

8. We are never gonna be good. Ever.

image.jpeg.e53c9f836996aa126c6fb38298c4b7a6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Losmeister said:

Yes. He'd still be great. AS great, no.

b/c.. b/c HE"S GREAT!!!!!  Harbaugh didnt help him win the friggin heisman, or no, it was the stellar cast in Lville and Booby ******* Petrino??? 

I can’t take you seriously. Gotta be a little fair 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you cannot see the vast difference in the athletic ability of these 2 players?

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Team stayed in the game through half time. The team played hard and gambled because it wasn’t gonna win a slugfest. The team had moments of success but a bad secondary, back up LBs, lack of pass rush and lack of OL success sunk them. Almost as if the areas the team sucks at continued to suck against the best team in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

Exactly.  I never said Sam is better than Lamar currently but anybody who says Lamar would be the same player on this Jets team is just being ridiculous 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also cant help but wonder how the game would have played out if they called the blatant PI in the endzone.  7 point game, Sam leads to TD drives to start the game, confidence high.  Unpredictable but more trying to highlight how bad officiating is and how much it's playing a factor into the outcome of the game, not to mention the fumble and the punt that hit their player.  Huge swings right there.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

you think LJ couldnt out run the LB on all those roll outs?

LJ is a better player... ..there are ZERO plays Sam makes LJ cant. On the other hand....   

LJ has so much more on his plate its staggering. And he handles it like a boss.

they ask him to carry the offense. 

No way on gods green earth Sam goes 16-2 on the Ravens., hes not goo dneough to do that.

he still may be a top 10 dude. i think its possible. LJ is top 5 NOW.

Ravens WRs are pedestrian.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

 

Yeah I agree with that.  There is no doubt he needs to cut down those picks he throws.  But He really does have to run for his life most games.  I think we did a good job signing Crowder and need to keep Robby.  I actually like Bell but it’s clear Gase doesn’t.  Herndon and Griffin also had good chemistry with Sam

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jets723 said:

 I actually like Bell but it’s clear Gase doesn’t.  

him getting caugt from behind on that screen? smh

he's quite good hwne you give him a little crack.... but hsi lack of burst is a defo problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Losmeister said:

you think LJ couldnt out run the LB on all those roll outs?

LJ is a better player... ..there are ZERO plays Sam makes LJ cant. On the other hand....   

LJ has so much more on his plate its staggering. And he handles it like a boss.

they ask him to carry the offense. 

No way on gods green earth Sam goes 16-2 on the Ravens., hes not goo dneough to do that.

he still may be a top 10 dude. i think its possible. LJ is top 5 NOW.

Ravens WRs are pedestrian.

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

you think we'd have 5 wins now with LJ? Same ******* squad?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

Absolutely.  Nobody disagrees that Lamar is very talented but saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” or that Sam wouldn’t be good with the Ravens is just f@cking laughable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

 

Enunwa. IR

Herndon. IR

Griffin. IR

Thomas. Out.

Ficken. Untrustworthy.

Who exactly is Darnold supposed to throw to?  Playcalling changes when you can’t make a kick. How can we judge under these circumstances?

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

 

This is well put.

I also feel like everything he has to do is at like an 8-10 difficulty level vs. the other guy.

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” ....just f@cking laughable 

So setting the NFl rushing record and throwing 33 TDs and only 6 INT...   Sam coulda done that?

holy **** you guys are actually --------------------------------------

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ffs, Lj took a 4-5 team last year and turned it around and went 6-1? ya think Sam would adoen that? 

ur trippin HARD

Put Sam on the Ravens with that coaching staff and team? 

They wouldn't have gone 1 and done in the playoffs last year. 

Put Lamar on the Jets, in Sam's shoes, for 2 years, and he looks like a totally different QB and certainly not the NFL MVP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase was trying to score 3 fast TD’s, not 1 measly first down, trying to catch the D napping. Didn’t work. If it did, they’d say it was a brilliant decision. 

SAR I

Agree to disagree. Get the first down. Odds of success a lot greater getting 1 yard (via the run) then completing any pass p!ay. Get the first down and get at least 4 more plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you think we'd have 5 wins now with LJ? Same ******* squad?

I more so was referring to tonight.  Switch roles the outcome doesnt change 

But yeah, maybe he'd have 6, possibly 7 maybe not likely with Jackson

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...