***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Meh. Game went how we all should’ve expected.

Nice to see that the players played hard again, they easily could’ve quit. 

This isnt getting enough traction. These guys have been playing harder than I would have thought. 

Although regardless of his production tonight, I dont think the same can be said for Bell. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

game changing play? Sam's horrible INT. 

every INT isnt created equally. that was just...  smh...   terrible.

He'd been playing like a top 10 QB til that point.

Not saying we COULDA won..  but we coulda stayed in the game longer. 

Stop. I'm not defending Sam. He's got problems. This roster that we trot our there, week after week, is abysmal. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Which means running for 1 yard was better than what - a 70/30 chance of success? Better than a pass attempt

Gase was trying to score 3 fast TD’s, not 1 measly first down, trying to catch the D napping. Didn’t work. If it did, they’d say it was a brilliant decision. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

game changing play? Sam's horrible INT. 

every INT isnt created equally. that was just...  smh...   terrible.

He'd been playing like a top 10 QB til that point.

Not saying we COULDA won..  but we coulda stayed in the game longer. 

The Jets had to play the perfect game to beat the top team in the AFC.

we’re just not good enough.

QUICK HITTERS:

1. The Jets played hard tonight.  Pathetically, this is the best that we can hope for.
  2. Daryl Roberts playing safety (or defensive back, for that matter) has to end.
  3. Adam Gase should be sh*tcanned on December 30, Chris Johnson's lies be damned.
  4. Sam Darnold continues to wow me and terrify me in the same game each and every week.
  5. It's embarrassing how bad Gase and his gnome friend Dowell are at utilizing Bell, particu,arly with not ever splitting him out as a wideout, but
  6. You can't be embarrassed when you're completely used to it.
  7. I finally have reached Just End The Season levels.  Can't believe I have to go sit in the cold and watch this team next week.
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Let me ask you something do you honestly think Lamar would be great playing with the guys Sam plays with?  I’m not saying Sam is better than Lamar but that needs to be taken into account 

Yes. He'd still be great. AS great, no.

b/c.. b/c HE"S GREAT!!!!!  Harbaugh didnt help him win the friggin heisman, or no, it was the stellar cast in Lville and Booby ******* Petrino??? 

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

QUICK HITTERS:

1. The Jets played hard tonight.  Pathetically, this is the best that we can hope for.
  2. Daryl Roberts playing safety (or defensive back, for that matter) has to end.
  3. Adam Gase should be sh*tcanned on December 30, Chris Johnson's lies be damned.
  4. Sam Darnold continues to wow me and terrify me in the same game each and every week.
  5. It's embarrassing how bad Gase and his gnome friend Dowell are at utilizing Bell, particu,arly with not ever splitting him out as a wideout, but
  6. You can't be embarrassed when you're completely used to it.
  7. I finally have reached Just End The Season levels.  Can't believe I have to go sit in the cold and watch this team next week.

8. We are never gonna be good. Ever.

image.jpeg.e53c9f836996aa126c6fb38298c4b7a6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you cannot see the vast difference in the athletic ability of these 2 players?

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Team stayed in the game through half time. The team played hard and gambled because it wasn’t gonna win a slugfest. The team had moments of success but a bad secondary, back up LBs, lack of pass rush and lack of OL success sunk them. Almost as if the areas the team sucks at continued to suck against the best team in the league.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not the part Jackson is better, I agree about that but no way the outcome would different if the roles were reversed.  

Not only was the talent difference that of a directional school vs a top 5 program but what they ask Lamar to do vs. what the Jets ask and need Sam to do is night and day.   It's like putting 2 kids in a math class and giving one a calculator and the other an abacus and grading them on who can solve problems faster. 

Exactly.  I never said Sam is better than Lamar currently but anybody who says Lamar would be the same player on this Jets team is just being ridiculous 

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

• Upvote 1

I also cant help but wonder how the game would have played out if they called the blatant PI in the endzone.  7 point game, Sam leads to TD drives to start the game, confidence high.  Unpredictable but more trying to highlight how bad officiating is and how much it's playing a factor into the outcome of the game, not to mention the fumble and the punt that hit their player.  Huge swings right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

you think LJ couldnt out run the LB on all those roll outs?

LJ is a better player... ..there are ZERO plays Sam makes LJ cant. On the other hand....   

LJ has so much more on his plate its staggering. And he handles it like a boss.

they ask him to carry the offense. 

No way on gods green earth Sam goes 16-2 on the Ravens., hes not goo dneough to do that.

he still may be a top 10 dude. i think its possible. LJ is top 5 NOW.

Ravens WRs are pedestrian.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Darnold is the most inconsistent thing I've ever seen. The way he can go from making jaw dropping plays, to boneheaded picks is peak Gunslinger. That is just him.

If we can somehow give him some good pieces and coaching, he could be amazing. However he's still raw, and his team is just reinforcing his negatives. 

It felt like he was running backwards every snap, and it disrupted (and has been) our tempo.

Yeah I agree with that.  There is no doubt he needs to cut down those picks he throws.  But He really does have to run for his life most games.  I think we did a good job signing Crowder and need to keep Robby.  I actually like Bell but it’s clear Gase doesn’t.  Herndon and Griffin also had good chemistry with Sam

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

you think LJ couldnt out run the LB on all those roll outs?

LJ is a better player... ..there are ZERO plays Sam makes LJ cant. On the other hand....   

LJ has so much more on his plate its staggering. And he handles it like a boss.

they ask him to carry the offense. 

No way on gods green earth Sam goes 16-2 on the Ravens., hes not goo dneough to do that.

he still may be a top 10 dude. i think its possible. LJ is top 5 NOW.

Ravens WRs are pedestrian.

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, we could be further apart on this one.  Agree Lamar is better but I cant agree with anything else. 

Absolutely.  Nobody disagrees that Lamar is very talented but saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” or that Sam wouldn’t be good with the Ravens is just f@cking laughable 

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Enunwa. IR

Herndon. IR

Griffin. IR

Thomas. Out.

Ficken. Untrustworthy.

Who exactly is Darnold supposed to throw to?  Playcalling changes when you can’t make a kick. How can we judge under these circumstances?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This is well put.

I also feel like everything he has to do is at like an 8-10 difficulty level vs. the other guy.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” ....just f@cking laughable 

So setting the NFl rushing record and throwing 33 TDs and only 6 INT...   Sam coulda done that?

holy **** you guys are actually --------------------------------------

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ffs, Lj took a 4-5 team last year and turned it around and went 6-1? ya think Sam would adoen that? 

ur trippin HARD

Put Sam on the Ravens with that coaching staff and team? 

They wouldn't have gone 1 and done in the playoffs last year. 

Put Lamar on the Jets, in Sam's shoes, for 2 years, and he looks like a totally different QB and certainly not the NFL MVP.

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase was trying to score 3 fast TD’s, not 1 measly first down, trying to catch the D napping. Didn’t work. If it did, they’d say it was a brilliant decision. 

SAR I

Agree to disagree. Get the first down. Odds of success a lot greater getting 1 yard (via the run) then completing any pass p!ay. Get the first down and get at least 4 more plays.