***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

Good lord who watches this post game. Lucas just said the Jets like to run block, this OL is the worst run blocking OL in the league. They say that Bell doesn’t get touches but he gets about 20 a game. Bart Scott didn’t know why the Jets were playing cover-2 even though we’ve been playing a lot of cover-2 since our CBs proved worthless. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I more so was referring to tonight.  Switch roles the outcome doesnt change 

But yeah, maybe he'd have 6, possibly 7 maybe not likely with Jackson

really? you think LJ is only a 1-2 win over a bootom 5 QB?

smh. we disagree. LJ woulda been in the game at the end of the 4q, no dount. Samwoukdnt have 20 yds rusing much less 80, et cet et cet....

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

really? you think LJ is only a 1-2 win over a bootom 5 QB?

smh. we disagree. LJ woulda been in the game at the end of the 4q, no dount. Samwoukdnt have 20 yds rusing much less 80, et cet et cet....

agree to disagree homey, the situations are so drastically different it's not even remotely comparable 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

he had plenty of time on that throw...    completely untouched waiting and waiting.

Once again nobody is saying it wasn’t a bad decision. But you act like Darnold has been horrible he hasn’t.  Does he have things he needs to fix? Absolutely.  Does the kid have talent? Absolutely.   But it’s not an excuse to say he has played behind one of the worst olines in the past two years with limited weapons...that’s a fact

16 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  Nobody disagrees that Lamar is very talented but saying “He carries the offense” and has “Much more on his plate than Sam” or that Sam wouldn’t be good with the Ravens is just f@cking laughable 

Why is that f***ing laughable? They changed everything about their offense so it revolves around him.

Hes a phenomenal runner. As good as any RB in the league.

Excellent passer.

I get what you and @JiF are saying that Darnold has absolutely no help, he played really well tonight. But...

He isn’t the runner LJ is obviously. He doesn’t throw the deep ball as well as LJ, and short passing game LJ has a huge advantage because of his threat to run. He’s a one man show, he has everything on his plate.

That is in no way a knock on Sam, it’s something I think anyone should be able to see, and admit.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

he had plenty of time on that throw...    completely untouched waiting and waiting.

You keep harping on one throw, but you are missing the bigger picture. We had 32 pass attempts tonight. 

Take a step back from your agenda. Try and see the forest through the trees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Why is that? They changed everything so it revolves around him.

Hes a phenomenal runner. As good as any RB in the league.

Excellent passer.

I get what you and @jif are saying that Darnold has absolutely no help, he played really well tonight. But...

He isn’t the runner LJ is obviously. He doesn’t throw the deep ball as well as LJ, and short passing game LJ has a huge advantage because of his threat to run. He’s a one man show, he has everything on his plate.

That is in no way a knock on Sam, it’s something I think anyone should be able to see, and admit.

I don’t disagree with what you said about his ability.  I just don’t buy that he is carrying everybody and that he doesn’t have a very great team around him.  That’s not a slight against him that’s just my assessment 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You keep harping on one throw, but you are missing the bigger picture. We had 32 pass attempts tonight. 

Great Post.  I have no problem pointing out his mistake but I feel there is too much agenda driven posts by a few in particular 

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t disagree with what you said about his ability.  I just don’t buy that he is carrying everybody and that he doesn’t have a very great team around him.  That’s not a slight against him that’s just my assessment 

That’s fair, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled.

just remember that this same Raven roster was 4-5with Flacco last year, and has been 16-2 with Jackson.

Thats taking a meh team and making it great. As a 21 yo rookie, now 22.  The definition of difference maker.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Of course nobody mentions that.  Made it a hell of a lot easier for Baltimore to move the ball that’s for damn sure 

Everyone here is doom and gloom but I see a team put into a spot against the best team in the league that gave it all but came up short. Team played hard, QB played well, the coach called aggressive plays because he had to compensate for a huge talent gap.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Great Post.  I have no problem pointing out his mistake but I feel there is too much agenda driven posts by a few in particular 

Definitely.

To the people who don't like Darnold, I would say this:

Take a breath. Listen, Darnold feels like a guy who will always throw some big interceptions. It's honestly not the end of the world. Plenty of really good QBs have been gunslingers who are turnover prone. If you give this guy some talent and let him grow, you can build something with him. Is this guaranteed to work out? Of course not, especially with this franchise. But, it would be awesome to actually try. 

Has Darnold proven that he is going to be the guy? Definitely not. Has he proven to be a bust? Definitely not. He has a lot of physical talent and he's still pretty raw. Let's try building this guy something close to the roster that Sanchez had in 2009 and 2010. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

That’s fair, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled.

just remember that this same Raven roster was 4-5with Flacco last year, and has been 16-2 with Jackson.

Thats taking a meh team and making it great. As a 21 yo rookie, now 22.  The definition of difference maker.

I mean I think the Ravens are a much better team than that.  I’m not saying Lamar Jackson doesn’t deserve praise I just think it’s going a little overboard saying he is carrying everything. The team is loaded. I don’t care if I get called an apologist it’s the complete opposite situation for Sam.  I’m not saying he is better than Lamar(right now at least). But you gotta admit it’s night and day when it comes to protection/supporting cast and coaching lol

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone here is doom and gloom but I see a team put into a spot against the best team in the league that gave it all but came up short. Team played hard, QB played well, the coach called aggressive plays because he had to compensate for a huge talent gap.

This.

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely.

Take a breath. Listen, Darnold feels like a guy who will always throw some big interceptions. It's honestly not the end of the world. Plenty of really good QBs have been gunslingers who are turnover prone. If you give this guy some talent and let him grow, you can build something with him. Is this guaranteed to work out? Of course not, especially with this franchise. But, it would be awesome to actually try. 

Has Darnold proven that he is going to be the guy? Definitely not. Has he proven to be a bust? Definitely not. He has a lot of physical talent and he's still pretty raw. Let's try building this guy something close to the roster that Sanchez had in 2009 and 2010. 

You are one of the better posters on here IMO.  There shouldn’t be any agenda one way or the other.  We both agree that Sam is still learning and not a finished product. He still has things he needs to correct which I’ve posted endlessly despite being called a Sam apologist lol.  As for the rest of your post I agree 100 percent

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

You are one of the better posters on here IMO.  There shouldn’t be any agenda one way or the other.  We both agree that Dam is still learning and not a finished product. He still has things he needs to correct which I’ve posted endlessly despite being called a Sam apologist lol.  As for the rest of your post I agree 100 percent

thanks bro!

I am pretty silly sometimes, but I try not to be a d*ck, for the most part. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely.

You know how critical I’ve been about the people who refuse to admit any flaws in his game. I always brought them up.

i have to give him credit though. He’s been impressing me a lot the last few weeks. He’s not perfect, but he’s got a chance.. 

We really need to build around him though. After Baltimore’s first score in the 2nd half, all I was worried about was him not getting killed when their defense could pin their ears back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

You know how critical I’ve been about the people who refuse to admit any flaws in his game. I always brought them up.

i have to give him credit though. He’s been impressing me a lot the last few weeks. He’s not perfect, but he’s got a chance.. 

We really need to build around him though. After Baltimore’s first score in the 2nd half, all I was worried about was him not getting killed when their defense could pin their ears back.

Exactly.  No QB is gonna look perfect playing behind this line and with only a few weapons who I like but aren’t elite.  So that’s why I get upset at some who are too overly critical too

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

did i say word one about the fumble? no. it happens. the reason why I am talking about that one throw

is because of how heavily weighted it is in the WHOLE GAME context. 

what is my agenda? that i want a TOP !0 Qb. that is what i would say it is. that is what i thougt we'd get in SAM.

I still think its attainable. i LIKE Sam a great deal. I am a lifelong Jet fan who would like some day to say

"our QB is ABSOLUTELY an ELITE QB. the facts are there, its UNDENIABLE"

Again. I LIKE Sam a great deal. he's a really good kid. I think he has all the right attributes of effort and humility and desire and being a good teamate.

I have said repeatedly in gthis thread that he played like a top 10 QB through almost the entirety of th 1st half and appaluded every good play... 

Even in the Dallas game..whetre he was ALMOST impeccable and played like a top 10 dude... at the end when he threw the INT in th RZ it allowed the other team to stay in the game. Thats not HATE, its not AGENDA. Its a fact.

He needsa get better. and i wouldnt havebought the package to see this ****ed up team for the lasyt 2 years if we hasdnt drafted him and my SoCal brother handnt egged me on. Thats on me. My choice.

Cos I hope. Like we all do. thet we get one of THOSE guys.