***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

Just now, Losmeister said:

did i say word one about the fumble? no. it happens. the reason why I am talking about that one throw

is because of how heavily weighted it is in the WHOLE GAME context. 

what is my agenda? that i want a TOP !0 Qb. that is what i would say it is. that is what i thougt we'd get in SAM.

I still think its attainable. i LIKE Sam a great deal. I am a lifelong Jet fan who would like some day to say

"our QB is ABSOLUTELY an ELITE QB. the facts are there, its UNDENIABLE"

Again. I LIKE Sam a great deal. he's a really good kid. I think he has all the right attributes of effort and humility and desire and being a good teamate.

I have said repeatedly in gthis thread that he played like a top 10 QB through almost the entirety of th 1st half and appaluded every good play... 

Even in the Dallas game..whetre he was ALMOST impeccable and played like a top 10 dude... at the end when he threw the INT in th RZ it allowed the other team to stay in the game. Thats not HATE, its not AGENDA. Its a fact.

He needsa get better. and i wouldnt havebought the package to see this ****ed up team for the lasyt 2 years if we hasdnt drafted him and my SoCal brother handnt egged me on. Thats on me. My choice.

Cos I hope. Like we all do. thet we get one of THOSE guys.

Ok. He's not elite. Honestly? I can live with that right now. 

I think a fair goal for any QB that you draft is that you can one day build a contending team around him. 

In other words, is this guy good enough to win the Superbowl with, one day?

I think Darnold has the talent to be one of those guys. I would even go so far as to say that I think Darnold can be one of those guys while also being a big reason why the team wins. 

He's not the phenom that Mahomes or Jackson are. He may never be a top 5 guy. I personally don't need him to be. I just need him to be a guy we can win with. 

(By the way, since you brought up the Dallas game, he also drove the Jets for what ended up being the winning points after throwing that pick.)

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok. He's not elite. Honestly? I can live with that right now. 

I think a fair goal for any QB that you draft is that you can one day build a contending team around him. 

I think Darnold has the talent to be one of those guys. I would even go so far as to say that I think Darnold can be one of those guys while also being a big reason why the team wins. 

He's not the phenom that Mahomes or Jackson are. He may never be a top 5 guy. I personally don't need him to be. I just need him to be a guy we can win with. 

(By the way, since you brought up the Dallas game, he also drove the Jets for what ended up being the winning points after throwing that pick.)

Plus it’s way too early to say Darnold won’t be elite we don’t know.  Until we get the kid some better protection and more weapons we should t make any evaluation.  In my opinion Sam would be a very hard QB to stop with a better oline and even just one more good wide receiver

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's not the phenom that Mahomes or Jackson are

this. so lets just slow the roll evefry time he has a good game and admit that there are other more talenetd guys out there doing more NOW.

he's not THAT guy, and that is no crime. But pretty pretty please stop mentioning him in the same sentence and its only the coach and situation.

( that goes for baker, rosen, kyler murray as well.)

None of these dudes would be doing what Mahomes and LJ are doing. Not close.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

this. so lets just slow the roll evefry time he has a good game and admit that there are other more talenetd guys out there doing more NOW.

he's not THAT guy, and that is no crime. But pretty pretty please stop mentioning him in the same sentence and its only the coach and situation.

To be fair he still could be that guy.  Sam could end up being elite.  Still to early to say he can’t especially until he gets more help around him

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Agree. 

I'm not a guy who is trying to tell people that Darnold is Marino. 

And I don't even think we know the coach sucks yet. 

I think we know the roster sucks and I think we know we have a raw QB with a lot of physical talent. I think we should try to develop this guy with an actual NFL offensive line and at least one more really good young WR. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

LJ is breaking the mold, broke NFL QB rushing in 1st full year, will break most TD passes for Ravens in 1st full year,

has 2-3 10-20 yds runs where he is intouched almost every single game.

I get that.  But we have Sam and I’m pretty damn happy that we do.  Things are gonna get better and I’m telling you Sam is gonna be bigtime he has too much talent. Honestly he has played well considering being behind one of the worst lines and limited weapons. Imagine how good he can be when he finally had protection and different options 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Agree. 

I'm not a guy who is trying to tell people that Darnold is Marino. 

And I don't even think we know the coach sucks yet. 

I think we know the roster sucks and I think we know we have a raw QB with a lot of physical talent. I think we should try to develop this guy with an actual NFL offensive line and at least one more really good young WR. 

all yes.

when i point out specific things ...   only means i wish he was further along the curve... 

as for coaching. i was impressed how much better the the D looked after half. 

and AGAIn the Smith sideline play was a forhead smacker... well designed Sam made the throw...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I get that.  But we have Sam and I’m pretty damn happy that we do.  Things are gonna get better and I’m telling you Dam is gonna be bigtime he has too much talent. Honestly he has played well considering being behind one of the worst lines and limited weapons. Imagine how good he can be when he finally had protection and different options 

if we go like this any longer you me an slimjais are gonna be going to spa weekends, ffs

happy christmas GIF

Morning after, I’m pretty pleased with what we saw. The team was coming off a 4-1 stretch and played the best team in football pretty well up until the late stages. Darnold played better against the Ravens than Tom Brady did, Bell ran hard, unknown guys stepped up to contribute all over the place, and the OL had some good series. All in all, you saw Darnold look like a non-mush, you saw the team play hard, and you saw some improvement from young players. Half the team was out, but they battled and looked semi-competent for most of it 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Morning after, I’m pretty pleased with what we saw. The team was coming off a 4-1 stretch and played the best team in football pretty well up until the late stages. Darnold played better against the Ravens than Tom Brady did, Bell ran hard, unknown guys stepped up to contribute all over the place, and the OL had some good series. All in all, you saw Darnold look like a non-mush, you saw the team play hard, and you saw some improvement from young players. Half the team was out, but they battled and looked semi-competent for most of it 

Good Morning @T0mShane  

Agree

Great post. 

joewilly12

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good Morning @T0mShane  

Agree

Great post. 

joewilly12

Joe, what did you think of Jamal Adams congratulating Lamar Jackson for running for a first down against his team’s defense? How do you think Jamal’s teammates—who were out on the field, undermanned, battling to not get blown out on national TV—felt about Jamal Adams hopping up like a groupie to high five the opposing star QB? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Joe, what did you think of Jamal Adams congratulating Lamar Jackson for running for a first down against his team’s defense? How do you think Jamal’s teammates—who were out on the field, undermanned, battling to not get blown out on national TV—felt about Jamal Adams hopping up like a groupie to high five the opposing star QB? 

T0m these players are friends, this isn't a death battle this is a football game. I have more of an issue with the play calling and the altercation between Gase and Darnold on the sidelines. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

T0m these players are friends, this isn't a death battle this is a football game. I have more of an issue with the play calling and the altercation between Gase and Darnold on the sidelines. 

It’s good that Gase got up in Darnold’s ass. It’s time to take the kid’s gloves off with him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Another plausibly deniable loss. Huzzah

52147ACC-A94A-432B-80CA-6B769161079B.gif.7c9a6247ff8b83e74357b8d4d9df29a2.gif

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed.  The best thing about the game was the progress showed by Darnold.  If we had an OL and some quality weapons around him, it's easy to envision him (and the offense in general) being very good.  Obviously we're a ways away from putting a good group in front of him but hopefully we'll finally have a real GM in Joe D.

I also think Darnold showed a lot of leadership qualities in the game.  I loved that he went right back to Crowder after that easy drop in the end zone.  As they broke the huddle on that play where Crowder caught the TD, it looked like Darnold said something to him. (I'm guessing something like "you're gonna get this one").

Also, I liked how he didn't let the offense quit no matter the score or the quality of the opponent.

Darnold gets a B+.  The rest of the team gets a C-.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed.  I'm not disappointed in the slightest.  The Jets took a ragtag team of practice squaders into a hostile environment on a short week vs. the best team in Football and I thought put up a respectable performance, final score withstanding.   

Like I said last night, I felt like I was watching my Gators host Eat Tennessee St. in the Swamp, that's how drastic the talent level was between the 2 teams and yet, I think I would have walked away saying, East Tennessee put up a good fight and has a player at the QB position. 

• Upvote 2

He was drafted because he was a great blocker, he let the guy just walk around him.

He was flat out beaten. I saw it too. He was left on a island by himself to block one of their best pass rushers though. He got beat but most TE’s get beat there. And even if that’s not the case it is still not an indicator of his career. Again, he’s a young rookie playing his first handful of games.
It takes time man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He was flat out beaten. I saw it too. He was left on a island by himself to block one of their best pass rushers though. He got beat but most TE’s get beat there. And even if that’s not the case it is still not an indicator of his career. Again, he’s a young rookie playing his first handful of games.
It takes time man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

saw a hilitge of a Bills TE getting scorched and thought...    eww.....   hope we dont iso our TEs too much

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  I'm not disappointed in the slightest.  The Jets took a ragtag team of practice squaders into a hostile environment on a short week vs. the best team in Football and I thought put up a respectable performance, final score withstanding.   

Like I said last night, I felt like I was watching my Gators host Eat Tennessee St. in the Swamp, that's how drastic the talent level was between the 2 teams and yet, I think I would have walked away saying, East Tennessee put up a good fight and has a player at the QB position. 

Mostly, wanted more through the 3rd Q. 

I dont think I can rewatch the game...  but D adjusted and the O went pffft 1st 3 possession of 3rd Q ...a follow up on the let down at the end of the 2nd...   

we were in it there...   Sam was playing real well. blocked FG ATT/ NON PI on 4th/INT...   

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Great song. 

I saw him last year in Charlotte when he was on his farewell tour. He was always one of my favorites, and “Still the same” always makes me think of an old gf. She told me years after we broke up it’s like he was singing about me.

i don’t know what that says about me, lol. I used to get the same thing from a group of friends with Carly Simon’s “You’re so vain”...

Lotta great songs by Bob, and the SBB. I think he is underrated at least in my circle of music growing up I appreciated him as I listened to him more over the years.

• Upvote 1