***OFFICIAL JETS VS RAVENS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The morning after. 

The NY Jets played a decent game.

Better play calling would have been nice. 

Have to disagree with you here my friend.

We got beat like a drum.

The offense was moving the ball better then expected. Nothing wrong with the play calling. Better execution, by better players would’ve been nice.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

We got beat like a drum.

The offense was moving the ball better then expected. Nothing wrong with the play calling. Better execution, by better players would’ve been nice.

I agree the offense was moving the ball.  Obviously Baltimore is a much better team although we are just decimated by injuries as well

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  The best thing about the game was the progress showed by Darnold.  If we had an OL and some quality weapons around him, it's easy to envision him (and the offense in general) being very good.  Obviously we're a ways away from putting a good group in front of him but hopefully we'll finally have a real GM in Joe D.

I also think Darnold showed a lot of leadership qualities in the game.  I loved that he went right back to Crowder after that easy drop in the end zone.  As they broke the huddle on that play where Crowder caught the TD, it looked like Darnold said something to him. (I'm guessing something like "you're gonna get this one").

Also, I liked how he didn't let the offense quit no matter the score or the quality of the opponent.

Darnold gets a B+.  The rest of the team gets a C-.

I think the CS deserves at least as much of that credit you’re giving Sam.

After all you just said about Darnold and the offense, isn’t it fair to give Gase that same B+ also?

I think it is,

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We got beat like a drum.

No worries we all entitled to our opinions. 

A few catches and we right in that game. 

I thought based on the situation we hung with them for the most part. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries we all entitled to our opinions. 

A few catches and we right in that game. 

I thought based on the situation we hung with them for the most part. 

We did until just before the half. The int and the fumble were killers though. Darnold was pretty good otherwise.

The team did play as well as could be expected though. The Ravens and Patriots were both in a different class then us this year, those 3 games were above our pay grade.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We did until just before the half. The int and the fumble were killers though. Darnold was pretty good otherwise.

The team did play as well as could be expected though. The Ravens and Patriots were both in a different class then us this year, those 3 games were above our pay grade.

The INT was a bad decision I agree  the fumble of course I want him to hold onto it but Wesco got abused and the defender was on top of him in no time.  Plus I think his knee was down regardless.  I think the biggest play was Smith stopping when Sam threw a perfect TD pass to him.  Obviously Sam cant follow that up with a INT I get hat but that play with Smith was the big killer IMO

I have always liked Jordan Jenkins.  I got on the pick early in his career because of his lack of speed, but physically he has generally been fine and his measurables aren't actually bad.  Yesterday though.  Yeesh.  He could not even sniff setting an edge against Jackson.  I get that is a tough job, but he looked like an old lady with knee braces on trotting after Jackson.  Even worse was the offsides/personal foul combo which I think got him benched.  Burgess was too small to hold up on the edge, Jenkins too slow.