The injuries are getting ridiculous!

Jetster

I don't really care what happens tonight other then Sam Darnold getting out of this game alive but there isn't a team in the NFL that could succeed with what the Jets have gone through this year, including the freaking Patriots. 

These IR & injury lists are like scrolls for god sake. It's funny watching games with playoff teams & the announcer will say, it's been tough on the QB since their all pro guard went down. It will be interesting to see tonight if they put the list of players NOT PLAYING for this damn team. It's surreal really. 

These coaches have to be to dumbfounded every time they get an updated injury list. Greg Williams has 1 sh*tty CB (Roberts) that started the season. I know injuries usually balance to the mean but my goodness, WTH is happening here? I would concentrate on putting together an entirely different approach to strength & conditioning going into 2020. However they prepared & whatever they're doing to maintain health sure as hell isnt working! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't really care what happens tonight other then Sam Darnold getting out of this game alive but there isn't a team in the NFL that could succeed with what the Jets have gone through this year, including the f*cking Patriots. 

These IR & injury lists are like scrolls for god sake. It's funny watching games with playoff teams & the announcer will say, it's been tough on the QB since their all pro guard went down. It will be interesting to see tonight if they put the list of players NOT PLAYING for this damn team. It's surreal really. 

These coaches have to be to dumbfounded every time they get an updated injury list. Greg Williams has 1 sh*tty CB (Roberts) that started the season. I know injuries usually balance to the mean but my goodness, WTH is happening here? I would concentrate on putting together an entirely different approach to strength & conditioning going into 2020. However they prepared & whatever they're doing to maintain health sure as hell isnt working! 

Funny how since Gase has become a HC injuries have been an issue for his teams. Maybe conditioning, nutrition and rest should be something he concentrates more on. Generally speaking of course, since he should be fired on black Monday and we should be moving on from him. So for his next gig maybe he should notice the trend. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Funny how since Gase has become a HC injuries have been an issue for his teams. Maybe conditioning, nutrition and rest should be something he concentrates more on. Generally speaking of course, since he should be fired on black Monday and we should be moving on from him. So for his next gig maybe he should notice the trend. 

But , he did so well in Miami ...

IllegalPalatableCoyote-size_restricted.gif

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

This would fall on the strength and conditioning coach before Gase. Justus Galac has been our guy for like 8 years and historically during his tenure we have been one of the best teams at avoiding the injury bug except for this year. 

However... I would say that he hasn't done a good job on the actual strength development of our players. Guys like Leo Williams, Q, and a few others could have developed better in the gym and maybe translated to the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This would fall on the strength and conditioning coach before Gase. Justus Galac has been our guy for like 8 years and historically during his tenure we have been one of the best teams at avoiding the injury bug except for this year. 

However... I would say that he hasn't done a good job on the actual strength development of our players. Guys like Leo Williams, Q, and a few others could have developed better in the gym and maybe translated to the field. 

It’s call bad luck.simple as that.  This year we have lots of it and it exposes just how thin this lineup truly is, roster wise.

All teams go through injuries but yeah we have had a ton of bad luck this year.  Mosley signs a big contract, has a huge game week 1 and is done for the year, Sam gets mono and others things and misses 3 games and it probably takes him a few more games to get healthier, Jamal Adams, Herndon, Enunwa, the oline, etc.. just a ton of injuries 

Just now, Jets723 said:

All teams go through injuries but yeah we have had a ton of bad luck this year.  Mosley signs a big contract, has a huge game week 1 and is done for the year, Sam gets mono and others things and misses 3 games and it probably takes him a few more games to get healthier, Jamal Adams, Herndon, Enunwa, the oline, etc.. just a ton of injuries 

*3/4

• WTF? 1

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im actually quite concerned, not because of the potential blowout, but the fact that the Ravens are arguably the most defense and are #1 in the league in blitzing.

I'm concerned for Darnold tonight.

They bring some serious heat.  They’re incredibly physical.  They’re basically bullies.

Sam Darnold has to have at least a slight degree of PTSD playing for this joke of a franchise.

He does not handle pressure well, you actually can’t really blame him, with all the shots he has taken (many with a rusher coming in untouched) since Day 1 of LAST year.

You definitely should be concerned for Darnold tonight.  Baltimore is where you pretty much could officially say that Mark Sanchez was finished as a QB and he was only missing his Center I think.  Darnold will have around 5 of those replacement Centers in front of him tonight.

The worst part, even if he doesn’t get injured, will be closing out this season playing 3 teams who are in the Top 5 of Ds in the league.  Probably leave everyone, especially fans, having lots of bad feelings of what the future holds for this team.

It’s also possible that the exact worst fears of some from the day Darnold was drafted come to fruition and that is....this horrific “organization” is going to ruin him...from the Sphinx coach who lets a Center start for 9 consecutive weeks firing the ball every but where Darnold is, to the “offensive guru” whose offenses finish near the bottom of the league EVERY year, who can’t even scheme LeVeon Bell into his offense..just another in a long line of Jet “coaches” who aren’t good or smart enough to tailor their strategies that fit their player’s strengths....very possible they will have ruined Darnold.  Kid doesn’t want to get hit anymore.  Can’t blame him.  And you’ll most likely see that tonight.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

They bring some serious heat.  They’re incredibly physical.  They’re basically bullies.

Sam Darnold has to have at least a slight degree of PTSD playing for this joke of a franchise.

He does not handle pressure well, you actually can’t really blame him, with all the shots he has taken (many with a rusher coming in untouched) since Day 1 of LAST year.

You definitely should be concerned for Darnold tonight.  Baltimore is where you pretty much could officially say that Mark Sanchez was finished as a QB and he was only missing his Center I think.  Darnold will have around 5 of those replacement Centers in front of him tonight.

The worst part, even if he doesn’t get injured, will be closing out this season playing 3 teams who are in the Top 5 of Ds in the league.  Probably leave everyone, especially fans, having lots of bad feelings of what the future holds for this team.

It’s also possible that the exact worst fears of some from the day Darnold was drafted come to fruition and that is....this horrific “organization” is going to ruin him...from the Sphinx coach who lets a Center start for 9 consecutive weeks firing the ball every but where Darnold is, to the “offensive guru” whose offenses finish near the bottom of the league EVERY year, who can’t even scheme LeVeon Bell into his offense..just another in a long line of Jet “coaches” who aren’t good or smart enough to tailor their strategies that fit their player’s strengths....very possible they will have ruined Darnold.  Kid doesn’t want to get hit anymore.  Can’t blame him.  And you’ll most likely see that tonight.

I have always felt that the beating Sanchez took from them in 2011 was the beginning of the end for him. It can be really ugly tonight

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Number of guys who finished the season on IR the last couple of years

2015 = 8   Ironically the last time the Jets had a good year. 
2016 = 15
2017 = 16
2018 = 13
2019 = 14 and climbing ?

Huge difference in key starters versus role players each year. We have over 11 starters this year on IR.

15 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I have always felt that the beating Sanchez took from them in 2011 was the beginning of the end for him. It can be really ugly tonight

Jeez that was 2011?  Seems like yesterday.

So here we are 8 years later and Baltimore’s Defense is STILL just as deadly.

I wish the NY Jet clown “organization” was just 5% of what Baltimore’s is....the differences will be on display tonight.  Probably look like the 2 teams (actually 1, the Jets aren’t really a team, led by Gase and his Pillsbury dough boy flunky) are playing a different sport.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im actually quite concerned, not because of the potential blowout, but the fact that the Ravens are arguably the most defense and are #1 in the league in blitzing.

I'm concerned for Darnold tonight.

If Gase is smart he would.....

Forget that, lets pray for Sam.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Be careful, some idiot is going to say "Next man up" and then you're going to say we're down 13 of 22 starters and he's going to say "Next man up, Darnold's a bust, Gase is an awful coach."

SAR I

For S & Gs I went over the Pats Roster & I didn't even bother with the Center (Kalil sucked anyway)

This would be the equivalent as the Pats going to Baltimore without: James White (RB), Sanu (WR), Slater (Gunner/STs), Lacosse (TE), Watson (TE), Thuney (G), Cannon (G), Shelton (DT), Huightower (LB) Collins (LB), Gilmore (CB), Jackson (CB).

It really is crazy. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would be interesting to see how this compares league wide.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

1-Miami

2-NYJ

3-Washington 

Directly shows that injuries are part of teams failures and it's not all on healthy players and coaches. Best teams have least injured, worst teams have the most. 

Ours is by FAR the worst cap wise due to how many of ours are actual starters. Hate to go there, but this is why we have a losing record. Not Gase, not ownership, not Darnold, not Bell, we just got beat the F up this year. 

• Upvote 1