Jump to content

The injuries are getting ridiculous!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Funny how since Gase has become a HC injuries have been an issue for his teams. Maybe conditioning, nutrition and rest should be something he concentrates more on. Generally speaking of course, since he should be fired on black Monday and we should be moving on from him. So for his next gig maybe he should notice the trend. 

 

It is ironic but is it reflective?  He doesnt sleep, drinks coffee by the pot all day long and eats pizza for every meal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be careful, some idiot is going to say "Next man up" and then you're going to say we're down 13 of 22 starters and he's going to say "Next man up, Darnold's a bust, Gase is an awful coach." SAR I

Funny how since Gase has become a HC injuries have been an issue for his teams. Maybe conditioning, nutrition and rest should be something he concentrates more on. Generally speaking of course, since

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I don't really care what happens tonight other then Sam Darnold getting out of this game alive but there isn't a team in the NFL that could succeed with what the Jets have gone through this year, including the freaking Patriots. 

These IR & injury lists are like scrolls for god sake. It's funny watching games with playoff teams & the announcer will say, it's been tough on the QB since their all pro guard went down. It will be interesting to see tonight if they put the list of players NOT PLAYING for this damn team. It's surreal really. 

These coaches have to be to dumbfounded every time they get an updated injury list. Greg Williams has 1 sh*tty CB (Roberts) that started the season. I know injuries usually balance to the mean but my goodness, WTH is happening here? I would concentrate on putting together an entirely different approach to strength & conditioning going into 2020. However they prepared & whatever they're doing to maintain health sure as hell isnt working! 

Gase is toxic and players don't like him.  Toxic managers and administrators in *any* business always have a relatively high number of employees calling  in sick or just plain quitting...

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase is toxic and players don't like him.  Toxic managers and administrators in *any* business always have a relatively high number of employees calling  in sick or just plain quitting...

Listen, I'm not a fan of Gase but now you're just making sh*t up.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase is toxic and players don't like him.  Toxic managers and administrators in *any* business always have a relatively high number of employees calling  in sick or just plain quitting...

You've played for him? You're part of the Jets organization? If not, keep this crap to yourself.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, section314 said:

You've played for him? You're part of the Jets organization? If not, keep this crap to yourself.

Sports talk is largely supposition and opinion.  You may not like or agree with my opinions, but you should at least keep a civil tongue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Sports talk is largely supposition and opinion.  You may not like or agree with my opinions, but you should at least keep a civil tongue. 

Than next time try couching it as an opinion and not as a declaratory statement.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

1-Miami

2-NYJ

3-Washington 

Directly shows that injuries are part of teams failures and it's not all on healthy players and coaches. Best teams have least injured, worst teams have the most. 

Ours is by FAR the worst cap wise due to how many of ours are actual starters. Hate to go there, but this is why we have a losing record. Not Gase, not ownership, not Darnold, not Bell, we just got beat the F up this year. 

Not only that, but it's "cluster" injuries, injuries all happening at the same positions on the team.  OL, LB, WR, TE, Secondary, for awhile QB, now RB, it's not like its spread out.  It's hitting hard and deep.  When we're putting our 4th TE and our 11th LB on the field, something's wrong.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, peebag said:

Listen, I'm not a fan of Gase but now you're just making sh*t up.

It is a matter of record that Dolphins fans and many players had a genuine dislike for Gase.  While he may not be a bad person by any means, there is more then enough circumstantial evidence to suppose that he is both toxic and incompetent as a professional HC.   From where I'm standing and after reading some of your suppositions, your response is both sanctimonious and hypocritical. 

You are free to defend Gase at length.  Even if I find your reasoning to be questionable, I won't react and call you a liar.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, section314 said:

I always do, and that post was no exception. Jetnation is a contact sport.😁

I dig... I like a juicy thread very much.  IMHO, the threads that get a bit hot are usually the best ones.  People really start thinking and talking... 

Bill Parcells:  "What do you get when you squeeze and orange???"  

Meaning... You get the juice that is inside of people if you squeeze them. 

Or more eloquently, you could say... 

You'll see a lot more of what a man or woman is made of and what is really on their mind when they are embroiled in a competitive duress.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

It is a matter of record that Dolphins fans and many players had a genuine dislike for Gase.  While he may not be a bad person by any means, there is more then enough circumstantial evidence to suppose that he is both toxic and incompetent as a professional HC.   From where I'm standing and after reading some of your suppositions, your response is both sanctimonious and hypocritical. 

You are free to defend Gase at length.  Even if I find your reasoning to be questionable, I won't react and call you a liar.

Again, I did not like the Gase hire and I don't think he's done a good job with the Jets but this is what you stated:

Quote

Gase is toxic and players don't like him.  Toxic managers and administrators in *any* business always have a relatively high number of employees calling  in sick or just plain quitting...

Nowhere in your statement did you say you were talking about the Jets or Dolphins nor did you state names of anyone who on the record that says they hate/dislike Gase.

Also what are suppositions did I make that you disagree with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the other side has injuries too 

for as Offensive line obsessed this board is there is no context of what's happening on other teams 

LT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame, 1st rd pick, potential Pro Bowler) is doubtful with concussion likely out 

C Matt Skura was placed on IR 2 weeks ago and Patrick Mekari has not been as good 

finally QB Lamar Jackson has a quad and limping around this week. He is a super man type of athlete but he's injured too 

fact of the matter this game on 12/12 full moon night with everyone injured is a better chance for this team than on 12/15 1p  broad daylight, everyone healthy on their side brutal ass pounding 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Not only that, but it's "cluster" injuries, injuries all happening at the same positions on the team.  OL, LB, WR, TE, Secondary, for awhile QB, now RB, it's not like its spread out.  It's hitting hard and deep.  When we're putting our 4th TE and our 11th LB on the field, something's wrong.

SAR I

Take the top 2 teams in the league for example. 

Imagine SF being without starters

- CB Sherman, ILB Warner, ILB Greenlaw, G Tomlinson, C Richburg, WR Sanders, TE Kittle, and Jimmy G out 3 games. 

...They certainly would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 6-7.  

Imagine BALT being without starters 

- CB Peters, ILB Onwuasor, ILB Bynes, G Yanada, C Skura, WR Brown, TE Andrews, and Lamar out 3 games. 

...They also, would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 7-6. 

 

The notions that Gase and Darnold should just "step it up" or "great coaches and players overcome injury bugs" or "great coaches and quarterbacks raise everyone up" is just ridiculous.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

 The notions that Gase and Darnold should just "step it up" or "great coaches and players overcome injury bugs" or "great coaches and quarterbacks raise everyone up" is just ridiculous.

I'm still not convinced Darnold should be held blameless for missing three games with a social disease 

the people who think "Honey, I got it from a drinking glass" is a good excuse are probably incels 

cause that excuse would not fly with any American women in the year 2019 and it shouldn't fly with us 

By the way I'm not saying he should be a monk, Just make better decisions.

try to pick the 2nd sweatiest girl at the bar next time 

or order in maybe  

31 other starters manage not to get mono

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, peebag said:

Again, I did not like the Gase hire and I don't think he's done a good job with the Jets but this is what you stated:

Nowhere in your statement did you say you were talking about the Jets or Dolphins nor did you state names of anyone who on the record that says they hate/dislike Gase.

Also what are suppositions did I make that you disagree with?

Who/What else could I have been talking about other than Jets or Dolphins with respect to Gase ??? 

It seems his big supporters have been Peyton Manning and Chris Johnson.  Not too many others.

Pretty much any sports commentary including opinions supported by statistics can be dismissed as supposition within an argument.  You can pick any of my posts or yours too.  It applies across the board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Take the top 2 teams in the league for example. 

Imagine SF being without starters

- CB Sherman, ILB Warner, ILB Greenlaw, G Tomlinson, C Richburg, WR Sanders, TE Kittle, and Jimmy G out 3 games. 

...They certainly would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 6-7.  

Imagine BALT being without starters 

- CB Peters, ILB Onwuasor, ILB Bynes, G Yanada, C Skura, WR Brown, TE Andrews, and Lamar out 3 games. 

...They also, would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 7-6. 

 

The notions that Gase and Darnold should just "step it up" or "great coaches and players overcome injury bugs" or "great coaches and quarterbacks raise everyone up" is just ridiculous.

by the way the Niners were missing their left tackle Joe Staley for most of the year, then their right tackle McGlinchey for 6 weeks, at one point their tackle starters were Justin Skule and Daniel Brunskill. 

George Kittle was in fact banged up for a couple games

 

great gameday coaches (or competent coaches with a great system) can figure out ways to over come injuries 

or failing that, at least keep their team competitive

how about the job Tomlin is doing in Pittsburgh with Duck Hodges?

franchise QBs with rookies at tackle just get the ball out quicker  

injuries are not some kind of excuse in this league.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

by the way the Niners were missing their left tackle Joe Staley for most of the year, then their right tackle McGlinchey for 6 weeks, at one point their tackle starters were Justin Skule and Daniel Brunskill. 

George Kittle was in fact banged up for a couple games

 

great gameday coaches (or competent coaches with a great system) can figure out ways to over come injuries 

or failing that, at least keep their team competitive

how about the job Tomlin is doing in Pittsburgh with Duck Hodges?

franchise QBs with rookies at tackle just get the ball out quicker  

injuries are not some kind of excuse in this league.  

greg williams has done a great job of this.  this noname defense has played amazing considering the injuries and lack of talent.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Take the top 2 teams in the league for example. 

Imagine SF being without starters

- CB Sherman, ILB Warner, ILB Greenlaw, G Tomlinson, C Richburg, WR Sanders, TE Kittle, and Jimmy G out 3 games. 

...They certainly would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 6-7.  

Imagine BALT being without starters 

- CB Peters, ILB Onwuasor, ILB Bynes, G Yanada, C Skura, WR Brown, TE Andrews, and Lamar out 3 games. 

...They also, would not be 11-2 by any means. Would be lucky to be 7-6. 

 

The notions that Gase and Darnold should just "step it up" or "great coaches and players overcome injury bugs" or "great coaches and quarterbacks raise everyone up" is just ridiculous.

What flaming crock of sh*t.  Why don't we imagine that Sherman, Tomlinson, Richburg, Peters, Yanda and Skura flat out sucked and were benched for performance multiple times over the past two years before they were "injured."  Where would those teams be then?  

Imagine that Brown and Sanders had been injured more than 1/2 of their careers.  Would you be surprised if they got hurt again?  

Marcus Peters has started as many games for the Rams as the Chiefs.  What do you think their record would be without him? They weren't exactly struggling.  They wanted to add a corner, I wonder why they didn't make a play for Trumaine Johnson!

The Jets roster was littered with sh*tty, injury prone players.  It is kind of disingenuous to whine when they get hurt.  How will we survive without Ryan Kalil?  Well, the roster was put together without him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm still not convinced Darnold should be held blameless for missing three games with a social disease 

the people who think "Honey, I got it from a drinking glass" is a good excuse are probably incels 

cause that excuse would not fly with any American women in the year 2019 and it shouldn't fly with us 

By the way I'm not saying he should be a monk, Just make better decisions.

try to pick the 2nd sweatiest girl at the bar next time 

or order in maybe  

31 other starters manage not to get mono

Good lord. It is absolutely apparent that Darnold got mono from your girlfriend, wife, or daughter. 

You seriously going to take this angle? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What flaming crock of sh*t.  Why don't we imagine that Sherman, Tomlinson, Richburg, Peters, Yanda and Skura flat out sucked and were benched for performance multiple times over the past two years before they were "injured."  Where would those teams be then?  

Imagine that Brown and Sanders had been injured more than 1/2 of their careers.  Would you be surprised if they got hurt again?  

Marcus Peters has started as many games for the Rams as the Chiefs.  What do you think their record would be without him? They weren't exactly struggling.  They wanted to add a corner, I wonder why they didn't make a play for Trumaine Johnson!

The Jets roster was littered with sh*tty, injury prone players.  It is kind of disingenuous to whine when they get hurt.  How will we survive without Ryan Kalil?  Well, the roster was put together without him. 

Missing the point entirely. 

We have 11 starters that went on IR almost immediately to begin the season. HALF of our starting team lol. Gase and Douglas havent even had a full season/nor offseason to work in unison. 

If you were working at Walmart and half your staff called out sick for 5 months, you called in your part time employees to work more, your lead supervisor needed off for 3 weeks, and it's your first 13 weeks on the job....

... Guess what, your customer ratings are going to go down quickly, things wont get stocked, people will make more mistakes, and your customers are going to look at you like WTF is happening and wrongfully not care about the why behind it.

This is no different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Missing the point entirely. 

We have 11 starters that went on IR almost immediately to begin the season. HALF of our starting team lol. Gase and Douglas havent even had a full season/nor offseason to work in unison. 

If you were working at Walmart and half your staff called out sick for 5 months, you called in your part time employees to work more, your lead supervisor needed off for 3 weeks, and it's your first 13 weeks on the job....

... Guess what, your customer ratings are going to go down quickly, things wont get stocked, people will make more mistakes, and your customers are going to look at you like WTF is happening and wrongfully not care about the why behind it.

This is no different. 

Instead of reading the below, just remember that I am not the one that compared Trumaine Johnson to Richard Sherman and Marcus Peters.  Keleche Osemele to Marshall Yanda and Laken Tomlnson.  Herndon is a nice piece with potential, but we knew he was going to be suspended and do you really think he rates comparison with Kittle?  

What ******* starters?  Osemele?  He sucked last year.  He was hurt.  He sucked this year.  Kalil?  He was retired.  That is not a starter.  Trumaine Johnson was benched last year.  He should  not be considered a "starter." 

Yes, they have had a bunch of injuries.  Losing Darnold for 3 was a big setback, especially with Seimian going down almost immediately, but complaining about losing guys that were benched before they were hurt?  How does that work?  Enunwa was coming off a career threatening injury. Not his first, probably his third.  You can't cry about him being hurt.  It was a foreseeable event.  It would be a shock if he lasted.

Nobody is claiming Gase had a great roster, but this sh*t is overstating it.  We knew this roster sucked and who was injury prone coming into the year.  We might as well cry about these guys being old - sh*t, think how good we'd be if it were only 2015 with Kalil, Osemele, Bell, Trumaine Johnson and Demaryius Thomas!  This team is stacked!

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm still not convinced Darnold should be held blameless for missing three games with a social disease 
the people who think "Honey, I got it from a drinking glass" is a good excuse are probably incels 
cause that excuse would not fly with any American women in the year 2019 and it shouldn't fly with us 
By the way I'm not saying he should be a monk, Just make better decisions.
try to pick the 2nd sweatiest girl at the bar next time 
or order in maybe  
31 other starters manage not to get mono


I do want to see a pic of the chick ... then i can decide whether i want to blame him or not


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the other side has injuries too 

for as Offensive line obsessed this board is there is no context of what's happening on other teams 

LT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame, 1st rd pick, potential Pro Bowler) is doubtful with concussion likely out 

C Matt Skura was placed on IR 2 weeks ago and Patrick Mekari has not been as good 

finally QB Lamar Jackson has a quad and limping around this week. He is a super man type of athlete but he's injured too 

fact of the matter this game on 12/12 full moon night with everyone injured is a better chance for this team than on 12/15 1p  broad daylight, everyone healthy on their side brutal ass pounding 

The problem for us is that the offensive line was as bad or worse fully healthy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Missing the point entirely. 

We have 11 starters that went on IR almost immediately to begin the season. HALF of our starting team lol. Gase and Douglas havent even had a full season/nor offseason to work in unison. 

If you were working at Walmart and half your staff called out sick for 5 months, you called in your part time employees to work more, your lead supervisor needed off for 3 weeks, and it's your first 13 weeks on the job....

... Guess what, your customer ratings are going to go down quickly, things wont get stocked, people will make more mistakes, and your customers are going to look at you like WTF is happening and wrongfully not care about the why behind it.

This is no different. 

Damn good comparing the Jets to Walmart...lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What ******* starters?  Osemele?  He sucked last year.  He was hurt.  He sucked this year.  Kalil?  He was retired.  That is not a starter.  Trumaine Johnson was benched last year.  He was not a "starter." 

Yes, they have had a bunch of injuries.  Losing Darnold for 3 was a big setback, especially with Seimian going down almost immediately, but complaining about losing guys that were benched before they were hurt?  How does that work?  Enunwa was coming off a career threatening injury. Not his first, probably his third.  You can't cry about him being hurt.  It was a foreseeable event.  It would be a shock if he lasted.

Nobody is claiming Gase had a great roster, but this sh*t is overstating it.  We knew this roster sucked and who was injury prone coming into the year.  We might as well cry about these guys being old - sh*t, think how good we'd be in it were only 2015 with Kalil, Osemele, Bell, Trumaine Johnson and Demaryius Thomas!  This team is stacked!

Any unbiased logical person would have assumed Osemele and Kalil would have been adequate, Trumaine wouldnt be nearly as bad as he was, Enunwa would provide at minimum 75% his level of previous play, Moseley and Williamson would play the entire year, Herndon would come back from suspension and play at least OK, and Darnold wouldnt have Mono. 

Nobody, neither you, nor I, nor the coaching staff could have foreseen any of these events unfolding the way they did AND at virtually the same time.

I'm not a Gase apologist by any means, but I am fair and understand how to read between lines and see the picture for what it is. 

No team would have overcame this series of events at these positions. None.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Instead of reading the below, just remember that I am not the one that compared Trumaine Johnson to Richard Sherman and Marcus Peters.  Keleche Osemele to Marshall Yanda and Laken Tomlnson.  Herndon is a nice piece with potential, but we knew he was going to be suspended and do you really think he rates comparison with Kittle?  

What ******* starters?  Osemele?  He sucked last year.  He was hurt.  He sucked this year.  Kalil?  He was retired.  That is not a starter.  Trumaine Johnson was benched last year.  He should  not be considered a "starter." 

Yes, they have had a bunch of injuries.  Losing Darnold for 3 was a big setback, especially with Seimian going down almost immediately, but complaining about losing guys that were benched before they were hurt?  How does that work?  Enunwa was coming off a career threatening injury. Not his first, probably his third.  You can't cry about him being hurt.  It was a foreseeable event.  It would be a shock if he lasted.

Nobody is claiming Gase had a great roster, but this sh*t is overstating it.  We knew this roster sucked and who was injury prone coming into the year.  We might as well cry about these guys being old - sh*t, think how good we'd be if it were only 2015 with Kalil, Osemele, Bell, Trumaine Johnson and Demaryius Thomas!  This team is stacked!

And after writing about how bad the starters were & how the roster blows chunks you want to blame it on a coach that has a 5-4 record with his starting QB? Had 5 games in a row where the offense scored on their opening possession, something that probably has never happened in the last 20 years here. 

Instead of saying, "Gase doesn't adapt", how about we say, the defenses adapt to us because the roster is so bare, we can't maintain offensive success once teams start abusing our weaknesses because we have so many. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...