Greenbean on how Jets fans view Sam Darnold

Maxman

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@nico002 and @14 in Green both getting shout outs this week.

Thanks for the shoutout, but talk about a match made in heaven... ? 

Another nice job this week by you @GREENBEAN you seem so comfortable in this role. Max made a great choice with you, and I’m not going to lie, I’ve always wanted a faction to call my own, lol.

BTW I also give you an A+ in extrapolation. In less then 5 minutes, you turned Sam into the second coming of Dan Marino. Nice.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

His overall stats just don’t look good but I see so much hope and promise when I sit down and watch an actual game.

Thats the thing, you can see the talent there in Sammy.

He's not a finished piece though, he's only 22. He has stuff to work on for sure, but he seems smart enough and aware of himself enough to work out his rough edges. The promise of having a franchise QB is legit with him. A few good lineman and he can settle into his skin alot more.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Comparing favorably to historical Jets QB's doesn't really do anything for me since it's mostly a pile of crap and most of the non-crap ones played long enough ago where comparing stats doesn't make sense. Fitz? Meh.

IMO it would be better to compare Darnold to his present day peers and take into account the fact that he's been in a poor situation so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Thanks for the shoutout, but talk about a match made in heaven...  
Another nice job this week by you [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] you seem so comfortable in this role. Max made a great choice with you, and I’m not going to lie, I’ve always wanted a faction to call my own, lol.
BTW I also give you an A+ in extrapolation. In less then 5 minutes, you turned Sam into the second coming of Dan Marino. Nice.

Haha! Right on man. I’m floating around the center of the Sam Darnold debate but math is Math.
I tried to touch on his lowly our history actually is a bit but also that Jets fans might want to be a little extra patient with this guy considering.

He’s got more than enough potential to root for. I can’t wait until the Jets build a legit OL and upgrade the Weapons a bit. I feel like we have some fun times ahead.

Not tonight of course but you know

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This^
looking like a pro podcaster. 
really enjoyed this and awesome home set up with the twin monitors, Jets decor, ect. [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention]
excellent decision, [mention=5331]Maxman[/mention]

Thanks man. I appreciate that. It’s fun to do. Max and I are having a good time so far.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Comparing favorably to historical Jets QB's doesn't really do anything for me since it's mostly a pile of crap and most of the non-crap ones played long enough ago where comparing stats doesn't make sense.  

Joe Willy Namath played during the era of the 14 game season so to compare Sam's potential 16 game output vs Namath's career year is silly town

i still enjoyed this video tho 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Why not tonight?  No better time to take that step to the next level and be an elite QB in the NFL. 

Any given Thursday..............keep the faith. 

Baltimore can have bad games too not just the NY Jets. 

Oh I have the faith baby!  Ive already called my wife a series of names and set it up to be ugly in my house. lol  I'm fully expecting a win! The decimation of injuries continues but I am actually expecting us to win this game! 

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Joe Willy Namath played during the era of the 14 game season so to compare Sam's potential 16 game output vs Namath's career year is silly town

i still enjoyed this video tho 

Well...l would ya look at that?  I completely fried out on that fact.  Amazing. I'm usually so incredibly astute. lol 

I would still say the point remains solid, but I could have done some more digging for the foundation. I should have pulled up some O'donnel stats. Reich? Brister?  We're a treasure trove of solid QB play. :) 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Haha! Right on man. I’m floating around the center of the Sam Darnold debate but math is Math.
I tried to touch on his lowly our history actually is a bit but also that Jets fans might want to be a little extra patient with this guy considering.

He’s got more than enough potential to root for. I can’t wait until the Jets build a legit OL and upgrade the Weapons a bit. I feel like we have some fun times ahead.

Not tonight of course but you know emoji23.png

Can we get a math update tomorrow if tonight's game was extrapolated over 16 games?

Additionally, I think you should stick to the real questions Jets fans have... Is the beard a year round thing, or a cold weather thing?  How often do you trim?  Any products you recommend?  These are the things we need to hear about.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Can we get a math update if tonight's game was extrapolated over 16 games?

Additionally, I think you should stick to the real questions Jets fans have... Is the beard a year round thing, or a cold weather thing?  How often do you trim?  Any products you recommend?  These are the things we need to hear about.

1. Year round

2. Daily

3. Fruits and berries with goats milk

4. Shoulda brushed it before the vid (it's bothering the hell out of me) 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well...l would ya look at that?  I completely fried out on that fact.  Amazing. I'm usually so incredibly astute. lol 

I would still say the point remains solid, but I could have done some more digging for the foundation. I should have pulled up some O'donnel stats. Reich? Brister?  We're a treasure trove of solid QB play. :) 

Nah, you should’ve spent more time talking about me.

Enough with this Darnold guy already!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

surprised no-one stated that Namath did it in 14 games, not 16.

Nice catch man.  I forgot all about that and I've just completed flogging myself for it (almost the actual truth). lol

But let's do some math anyway since it's so fun.  Sam has 313 yds and 6 Td's more than Namath in this scenario. And he had two more games due to the 16 game season vs 14 games for Joe. 

So in order for Namath to have outplayed Sam in a 16 game scenario he would have needed 156 yds in each game. Joe's average for that year was 286 per so he has that down no problem with 4579 yds. He beats Sam by 259 yds over 16 games.

The same equation applied to the TD's is a bit different though. Namath average 1.8 TD's per game that season. So let's add that up... carry the 6...aaaaaaand we have 29.6 TD's.  Sam would have 32, besting Namath by 2.4 Td's. They both get a nod here. 

So what do we like more?  259 yds or 2.4 TD's?  

Oh... wait... what QB comparison would be complete without the INT's ? 

So in this scenario Sam would have 16 picks. I know I said 17 in the vid but I'm dumb so I do stuff like that.  It's 16. 

That 4007 yard, 26 TD season for Namath was accompanied by 28 INT's. That's 2 per game every game of the season. So Sam bests Joe in this department by 12 less interceptions without the 2 games added. If we continue the proration it comes to 32 INT's for Namath. 

The final tally with prorated numbers for a 16 game season in this mind numbing scenario are as follows: 

Sam Darnold- 4320 yds/32 TD's/16 INT's

Joe Namath- 4579 yds/26 TD's/32 INT's

So what does it all mean?  Very little actually. But it should help to give us a little perspective as Jets fans while we watch this 22 year old trudge through a season with almost zero protection and a B list of skill players surrounding him. Oh and a HC who has a hard on not to play the best offensive weapon on the team whatever that's all about. 

Sam is fine and will be our Franchise QB for the next decade at minimum. He will have great games where he carries the team and games where he craps the bed most likely. But he's not dog $hit because he missed a few receivers last week. That's all I'm really saying here. :)  

Thanks... I'll be here all week.