Q Williams vs. E Oliver

peekskill68

Interesting chart posted by Cimini.  Shows the win rate vs. double teams among all starting NFL DTs.  A few things are interesting to me:

1. Ed Oliver > Q Williams.  He's also top 6 in the league as a rookie

2. Q is pretty close to the NFL average when it comes to both the % of double teams he faces and his % win rate

3. Leonard Williams sees alot of double teams but doesn't win much

3. Aaron Donald is a freak

ELnPMC9XYAINBHW.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If I read this correctly it's telling me that both QW and Oliver have PWR above average (above that line)?  And, it says QW beats double teams about 12% of the time and Oliver about 16% of the time?

Okay, that's informational I guess.  Maybe the conclusion is simply that both guys are slightly above average and that's probably a good thing for two rookies.

The other thing it says is that teams should be double-teaming Jarrett from Atlanta a whole lot more because he's killing them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If I read this correctly it's telling me that both QW and Oliver have PWR above average (above that line)?  And, it says QW beats double teams about 12% of the time and Oliver about 16% of the time?

Okay, that's informational I guess.  Maybe the conclusion is simply that both guys are slightly above average and that's probably a good thing for two rookies.

The other thing it says is that teams should be double-teaming Jarrett from Atlanta a whole lot more because he's killing them.

That's my read too.   I also think the guys in the lower right are getting alot of attention but aren't showing much production.  I think that was always the defense of Leo.  He was tying up two guys so someone else could make a play...

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That's my read too.   I also think the guys in the lower right are getting alot of attention but aren't showing much production.  I think that was always the defense of Leo.  He was tying up two guys so someone else could make a play...

Another thing of note, QW beat double teams more often than Fletcher Cox according to this.  So there's that.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Interesting chart posted by Cimini.  Shows the win rate vs. double teams among all starting NFL DTs.  A few things are interesting to me:

1. Ed Oliver > Q Williams.  He's also top 6 in the league as a rookie

2. Q is pretty close to the NFL average when it comes to both the % of double teams he faces and his % win rate

3. Leonard Williams sees alot of double teams but doesn't win much

3. Aaron Donald is a freak

ELnPMC9XYAINBHW.jpg

Duh.

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If QW is 12% then Oliver is 17%, (I'm not sure if we are going by tiop of head or miiddle of head), In any event 12->17 is a 42% increase which is massive.

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

at 21 yrs old returning from a high ankle sprain in half the time most do.

#bust

I mean, was he was drafted at #3 for his ability to quickly recover from a high ankle sprain?

In all seriousness, I hate that the Jets drafted Q, absolutely hate it. He was a good player on a stacked defense that lead by 30 by halftime in most games. Never had to worry much about the run when Bama was always winning and did nothing in the Championship game. The Jets always make the draft much more difficult than it needs to be. Meanwhile the guys i wanted (Oliver, Allen, Burns) are all lighting it up. Didn't see this coming at all....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I mean, was he was drafted at #3 for his ability to quickly recover from a high ankle sprain?

In all seriousness, I hate that the Jets drafted Q, absolutely hate it. He was a good player on a stacked defense that lead by 30 by halftime in most games. Never had to worry much about the run when Bama was always winning and did nothing in the Championship game. The Jets always make the draft much more difficult than it needs to be. Meanwhile the guys i wanted (Oliver, Allen, Burns) are all lighting it up. Didn't see this coming at all....

Well lucky for us he's played like 9 games and is 21...  He has many years left to live up to your expectations. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Well lucky for us he's played like 9 games and is 21...  He has many years left to live up to your expectations. 

I get that, it's a fair point for most other teams, but are the Jets really in position to be hopeful their #3 overall pick will improve over the years?

Last offseason the Jets needed WR help, Olinemen, CB, and PassRusher. The only positions we were okay at were QB, S, RB, DT, and probably MLB. This offseason they need....WR, Olinemen, CB and PassRusher, lol. They picked a DT because he's the BAP but now we have to wait and hope he turns into an impact player, almost seems like the opposite of BAP. Good on you for giving this pick the benefit of the doubt, but I can't do that.