Robby Anderson pathetic

nico002

Re-sign Robby now. You get the best chance at getting a good deal for him before the offseason. He is a much needed weapon and we have all seen the numbers he can put up when Darnold has time to throw. We have seen that although he is not the most dynamic WR, he is far from one-dimensional. Re-sign him now and you can get him for just under 10mil a year and you won't have to drag things out and you won't have to get into a bidding war with another team. I don't care of he is a #1 or a #2. He is a great weapon and viable deep threat. Defenses have to respect his speed and demands attention pretty much at every level of the field.  You add a WR (or two) in the draft and with Robby on board you are pretty much set at WR going into next season. Robby, 2 rookies, Crowder, Berrios/V.Smith/Depth vet/UDFA surprise signing. Its the best you can do without egregiously overspending or using your top draft pick on a WR when you desperately need a Blue Chip LT.  

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Talk about poor optics ?

By the same token, even after they beat the living sh!t out of him, AFL guys for his entire career sought out Joe Namath to shake his hand in the post game. it's the same thing; Jackson right now looks like that kind of superstar. There are so many more substantive things to worry about, enough with this old school tough guy nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

Re-sign Robby now. You get the best chance at getting a good deal for him before the offseason. He is a much needed weapon and we have all seen the numbers he can put up when Darnold has time to throw. We have seen that although he is not the most dynamic WR, he is far from one-dimensional. Re-sign him now and you can get him for just under 10mil a year and you won't have to drag things out and you won't have to get into a bidding war with another team. I don't care of he is a #1 or a #2. He is a great weapon and viable deep threat. Defenses have to respect his speed and demands attention pretty much at every level of the field.  You add a WR (or two) in the draft and with Robby on board you are pretty much set at WR going into next season. Robby, 2 rookies, Crowder, Berrios/V.Smith/Depth vet/UDFA surprise signing. Its the best you can do without egregiously overspending or using your top draft pick on a WR when you desperately need a Blue Chip LT.  

Except Anderson would be foolish to re sign now.

The Jets had their chance to lock him up, they didn’t. Robbie had to gamble on himself, and he’s won the battle  Now he gets to choose where, who and for how much money he plays.

He’s going to be a top WR free agent this offseason, That’s what guys like him get to do.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Except Anderson would be foolish to re sign now.

The Jets had their chance to lock him up, they didn’t. Robbie had to gamble on himself, and he’s won the battle  Now he gets to choose where, who and for how much money he plays.

He’s going to be a top WR free agent this offseason, That’s what guys like him get to do.

Anderson dropped a sure TD early in the Bengals game that probably changed the whole game. He dropped a 4th down TD vs. the Ravens. The team that's overpaying for a guy who can run a post but doesn't make big plays is....? He's a 2/3 WR. He's not Julius Jones or OBJ. If he wants a reasonable salary for that kind of role, fine.But better idea is draft the next Shuster or somebody like that if he won't sign for a reasonable deal. 

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Anderson dropped a sure TD early in the Bengals game that probably changed the whole game. He dropped a 4th down TD vs. the Ravens. The team that's overpaying for a guy who can run a post but doesn't make big plays is....? He's a 2/3 WR. He's not Julius Jones or OBJ. If he wants a reasonable salary for that kind of role, fine.But better idea is draft the next Shuster or somebody like that if he won't sign for a reasonable deal. 

You really think Robbie is going to get the contract of a 2-3 WR? I don’t see that happening. Like I said we had our chance to lock him up last year at a price you’d probably have been happy with.

That chance is long gone though. He’s going to be one of, If not the top FAs at his position this year, and get paid as such.

BTW getting another Shuster type sounds really good, let’s do that... Having RA line up with him sounds even better.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, PepPep said:

Out of curiosity, why would Anderson sign for less right now, and bypass the free agency period he’s been waiting for his whole career?

The way you get him signed now is if you bid (or outbid) what he’s expected to get in free agency. 

The time for early-shopper discounts on him was before the season (if not a full year calendar year ago or more) when he had a serious injury risk and hadn’t made any money yet. Or at worst, while his numbers were down at the midseason point, but the team can still see what others don’t behind the scenes. 

I’m sympathetic, but they’re not getting him locked up for under $10MM/year. Only way that happens at this point is if he hits free agency and no one else bids that much, making $9.5MM the top offer. 

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Out of curiosity, why would Anderson sign for less right now, and bypass the free agency period he’s been waiting for his whole career?

The way you get him signed now is if you bid (or outbid) what he’s expected to get in free agency. 

The time for early-shopper discounts on him was before the season (if not a full year calendar year ago or more) when he had a serious injury risk and hadn’t made any money yet. Or at worst, while his numbers were down at the midseason point, but the team can still see what others don’t behind the scenes. 

I’m sympathetic, but they’re not getting him locked up for under $10MM/year. Only way that happens at this point is if he hits free agency and no one else bids that much, making $9.5MM the top offer. 

I'm not talking about some kind of cheap deal. I'm talking about about 10mil a year. I'm talking about sitting down with him and hammering out a deal before he hits free agency at approximately what he wants to get paid rather than getting into a bidding war and overpaying. Of course he may just say he doesn't want to negotiate at all and see what he gets in FA. But who knows, he genuinely seemed like he wanted to stay on the Jets at the trade deadline. Maybe he likes NYC, who knows.

I don't know if the Jets already tried to re-sign Robby, I don't know whats going through his head, maybe he plans to hit FA and go to the highest bidder no matter what. But sometimes players have a certain number in mind and if you hit it (or come close) they will sign. And no, I'm not expecting it to be a low number, I'm just thinking it will be better to take care of before FA. 

7 hours ago, PepPep said:

I'm not talking about some kind of cheap deal. I'm talking about about 10mil a year. I'm talking about sitting down with him and hammering out a deal before he hits free agency at approximately what he wants to get paid rather than getting into a bidding war and overpaying. Of course he may just say he doesn't want to negotiate at all and see what he gets in FA. But who knows, he genuinely seemed like he wanted to stay on the Jets at the trade deadline. Maybe he likes NYC, who knows.

I don't know if the Jets already tried to re-sign Robby, I don't know whats going through his head, maybe he plans to hit FA and go to the highest bidder no matter what. But sometimes players have a certain number in mind and if you hit it (or come close) they will sign. And no, I'm not expecting it to be a low number, I'm just thinking it will be better to take care of before FA. 

He’s going to be a full UFA after 2 more games and he’s putting up stats of late that’ll get him more than that. He’s on pace for about 900 yards and 5 TDs. If he gets those numbers, on this team this year, he’s getting another couple million per year more than that on the UFA market

They aren’t getting him for “under $10MM” as you put it. Not when freaking Enunwa - on IR (again) at the time - got $9MM per a full season earlier. Now factor in a healthy Anderson putting up a second statistical season better than Enunwa’s best, with another year of FA inflation. Also compounding things is that 2020 is year 4 of the 2017-2020 window where teams have to get in at least 89% spending. Teams will be throwing cash around at FAs because they’re going to cough it up anyway, and paying a player beats paying it in the form of a fine. On top of all that, he’s not good enough to get franchise tagged at a projected $18MM so he’ll get the chance to shop around. 

It’s a perfect offseason for him to be a free agent, and the Jets’ FO should have known this was coming. They ain’t getting him locked up for “under $10 million” before he has the opportunity to shop himself around to the highest bidder as a UFA, where he could also end up closer to home and/or in lower tax states to boot. 

No agent is going to let him do anything this foolish after incurring another year of risking injury to himself (and his QBs) that would have cost him millions. Guys like Enunwa and Winters got locked up in advance of free agency because the Jets bid or outbid what either was expected to command during the FA period in March. 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:15 PM, Bugg said:

All true, but those are guys who were in the $20-22MM+ per year level before this upcoming year’s inflation. Anderson doesn’t have to be in the tippity-top tier to get paid more than half that. Not all UFAs who get paid big have no flaws in their games. What they have is availability and health right now at a position where top-end starters in their primes rarely reach UFA status without getting tagged. 

Whatever his flaws, and whatever we think and know his weaknesses, there’s another side. He’s also an experienced, instant starter WR that multiple teams will see as a talented player who has some untapped potential once he gets away from Jets coaching. 

There’s a good case to be made the Jets shouldn’t be the highest bidder - I’m leaning towards that myself now that they’ve sat on their hands so long while his dollars have gone up - but he was an easy player to lock up earlier instead of Enunwa whom they’re paying all that money to for nothing anyway. Nice bonus there is we probably can’t cut ties with him either because his 2020 season is surely guaranteed for injury.  

There will be teams who perceive themselves win-now who need a starting WR who has the speed to take the top off a defense, and don’t want to wait 1-3 years for a rookie to get seasoned, over an amount of money they’re forced to spend by the end of 2020 anyway. 

Whatever happened to pride in your job. You just got beat like a rent a mule and you have your players lined up to have the QB who beat the hell out of you to sign jerseys? Maybe I am old school where I would be pissed off to lose a game like this, where I would not be looking for an autograph from the player who did it, instead I'd feel like punching his lights out. Then last week we carry a POS kicker off the field celebrating him while he just cost us 5 or 6 positions in next years draft, then he misses the first extra point the next game. Winning teams don't act like this,,,remember Rex running around the stadium when they won the last game of the year while losing big draft position. Where the hell is the leadership of this team that condones this nonsense? Do any of you think this would happen if Parcells was the head coach? That is why this team is a perennial loser..the entire persona of this team has to change.