RonaldJet

Gase yelling at Darnold on last play

On 12/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know. I've not been one to dump on his every mistake, but it doesn't mean nothing any more than every game means nothing once we're eliminated. It still means nothing even if we won, from that point of view.

It means something because he's supposed to be advancing and improving at a certain pace, and Gase's reaction suggests he really screwed up. Gase is a ****ing tool, but I'm quite sure he could see the pressure on that play as well as any casual fan, so that was not likely the reason he was so animated. More likely reason is Darnold was expected to do something he didn't - possibly if not likely before the snap - and not merely that he was supposed to make an improbable (and ultimately irrelevant) play when they were down by 21 very late. 

“Every week he gets better and better. There is going to be a point where he’s going to be a really good player.”

Interesting quote from Gase here. Ownership seems to be firmly in Darnold's corner. Will be interesting to see if Gase tries to push for the team to bring in another guy this offseason as a real backup, potential relief guy.

8 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I thought he was sincere when he said that. He really does believe in Sam. Just seems oblivious to the extent to which he isn't helping...

I'm sure he was being sincere. Just not sure if Gase and Darnold are on the same clock. Pressure is on Gase more than it is Darnold...I think with Gase he dgaf and will try and make changes until he's told he cant to save himself.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company