Gase yelling at Darnold on last play

RonaldJet

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Coach up. lol

Gase is a clueless moron.

Just who in  this league has he ever coached up?  He has utterly failed to coach up any QB and his whole claim to fame was holding peyton manning play book for him.

The Qb who was in miami who had two decent years, then some terrible years when being coached up by gase is now goo again all of a sudden.

Gase is a huge fraud, his oc is a huge fraud.  He calls a poor game, he has poor play design.

Too bad he is here for at least two more years.

He stinks.

Okay, So I’m going to put you down as an undecided about Gase.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Coach up. lol

Gase is a clueless moron.

Just who in  this league has he ever coached up?  He has utterly failed to coach up any QB and his whole claim to fame was holding peyton manning play book for him.

The Qb who was in miami who had two decent years, then some terrible years when being coached up by gase is now goo again all of a sudden.

Gase is a huge fraud, his oc is a huge fraud.  He calls a poor game, he has poor play design.

Too bad he is here for at least two more years.

He stinks.

How does LeVeon Bell only get 2 targets in the passing game? One of the best receivers out of the backfield you will ever see and he doesn’t use him. It’s mind-boggling. 

Vycint Smith and Jeff Smith get 7 targets. 

18 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

cos thta'll give yo 16 more games of losing football to refuse to accept that maybe Sam Darnold effs up sometimes.

b

Believe I know he screws up a lot. I just wish he would be as perfect as some fans expect him to be.  I'm willing to see what he does over a period of time. We ain't won in 50 years so I can wait another couple to see what he can become. Odds are against because he was drafted by the Jets.

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Believe I know he screws up a lot. I just wish he would be as perfect as some fans expect him to be.  I'm willing to see what he does over a period of time. We ain't won in 50 years so I can wait another couple to see what he can become. Odds are against because he was drafted by the Jets.

me too. 

i just wish there were less screw ups to inspire more confidence.

no more. no less.

Just now, Losmeister said:

me too. 

i just wish there were less screw ups to inspire more confidence.

no more. no less.

Me too.  I'm just trying to think of all the reasons why because he shows signs of being the guy.  He also shows signs of other crappy Jet QB's.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

The look on Fales face is priceless ??

Gase: "What snack do you want when we get on the plane!?"

Darnold: "Huh?"

Gase: "I said what SNACK do you want!?"

Darnold: "Can I have a PB&J? One with the crusts cut off?"

Gase: "You know that's the LAST one, right?!"

Darnold: "Oh.... Can I still have it?"

Gase: "Fine! Whatever! I don't care!"

Fales: (inner monologue) But... but... I was gonna have the last PB&J with the crusts cut off.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Gase: "What snack do you want when we get on the plane!?"

Darnold: "Huh?"

Gase: "I said what SNACK do you want!?"

Darnold: "Can I have a PB&J? One with the crusts cut off?"

Gase: "You know that's the LAST one, right?!"

Darnold: "Oh.... Can I still have it?"

Gase: "Fine! Whatever! I don't care!"

Fales: (inner monologue) But... but... I was gonna have the last PB&J with the crusts cut off.

I’m a fan of yours, but this was disappointing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gase gotta go. Period. I don’t know how he was hired in the first place but he’s the butt of all the jokes now and so are the Jets. I don’t know why they’re throwing next year away too. 

Same team that gave Macc a final draft before they fired him. Not much more to say about expectations as it pertains to the decisions they make. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How dare Gase try to coach up Darnold.

Anybody who’s ever played a sport has been yelled at by a coach. Sometimes you yelled back.

Its tough love by the coach, and the player getting hot about it isn’t a bad thing. Anybody old enough to remember Parcells go at it with his QBs, especially Simms, would laugh at this being a thing.

The issue is not that he got yelled at, but that the one yelling is an obsolete buffoon who has no business impartingvhis idiocy into our best hope for competitive football.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I suspect this was just an in-game, in the moment venting of frustration between a coach and his QB, but if it's actually more than that and Darnold is no longer drinking the Gase kool aid, you can bet your bottom dollar that Gase will be gone.  Get your popcorn and stay tuned, folks. 

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How dare Gase try to coach up Darnold.

Anybody who’s ever played a sport has been yelled at by a coach. Sometimes you yelled back.

Its tough love by the coach, and the player getting hot about it isn’t a bad thing. Anybody old enough to remember Parcells go at it with his QBs, especially Simms, would laugh at this being a thing.

I agree with the bold.

I disagree with the first statement. LOL Gase coaching up Darnold, well I guess since you put the word "try" in there it is acceptable. But this coach is laughable, and shows he is incompetent is not good at his job. But since we are the JETS lets just keep on with this for another year, not be sure on Darnold at contract time and still be a bottom tier team.

10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I suspect this was just an in-game, in the moment venting of frustration between a coach and his QB, but if it's actually more than that and Darnold is no longer drinking the Gase kool aid, you can bet your bottom dollar that Gase will be gone.  Get your popcorn and stay tuned, folks. 

I don’t see this as heat of the moment yelling at all. I see Sam completely dismissing whatever Gase was saying which is completely different and is huge for this organization. 

People complain about kids/parents “these days” all the time but this is a situation where it would be nice if Sam and his father can channel their inner Manning and go to the organization if they feel Gase isn’t the right guy for Sam. 

This isn’t 8th grade. This is Sams career and it’s important enough to go to CJ and give their opinion and if it’s not favorable CJ better be smart enough to make the move. 

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I don’t see this as heat of the moment yelling at all. I see Sam completely dismissing whatever Gase was saying which is completely different and is huge for this organization. 

People complain about kids/parents “these days” all the time but this is a situation where it would be nice if Sam and his father can channel their inner Manning and go to the organization if they feel Gase isn’t the right guy for Sam. 

This isn’t 8th grade. This is Sams career and it’s important enough to go to CJ and give their opinion and if it’s not favorable CJ better be smart enough to make the move. 

i could be reading a lot into this but i saw this as a watershed moment in darnold's career.  he's playing with the residual effects of mono, wearing a special pad to protect his spleen, while running for his life on most pass plays, many of which are due to poor, predictable play calling on 1st and 2nd down that put the jets in 3rd and long situations.  besides anderson and crowder the rest of his skill positions are crap (though v smith has used his speed nicely) and bell is at this point a plodding grinder who does not max out on the holes he gets.  the kid has endured a lot of criticism and has handled it professionally and gracefully but beneath that stoic demeanor we all know he is burning for improvements on offense.  let his frustration boil over.  both douglas and gase know their tenures here are entirely based on making darnold look better.  

the jets will be drafting top 10 and i expect them to use that pick on a tackle, not a wr.  but given the wr strength in the draft, and anticipating jamal adams asking for franchise qb money next season, you have to wonder how incentivised douglas will be to trade adams for multiple picks, and use an additional first rounder on a playmaking wr.