Mike Maccidentally made a good draft pick

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Would you agree that Bless Austin is a shining example of Mike Maccidentally making a good draft pick? 

Yes it seems Mac found a good one in Austin. Maybe because nobody was willing to risk it with his knees, but I'm glad he is here.

This was not an accident b/c he rolled the dice on his injury history. In other words, this was a kid who was probably not going to get drafted and Macc saw his talent and did not want to risk him signing elsewhere or getting drafted so he rolled the dice. This time I think you gotta give credit where credit is due. High risk, high reward pick but late enough where you don't lose a much capital if it doesn't work out. Just a good selection if you ask me.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Austin appears to be a good pick.  Macc rolled the dice on an injury risk and he appears to be a really nice find at a position of need.  Hopefully he can stay on the field for a full season next year. 

Cashman is antoher injury risk that we felt really good about earlier in the season, then the injury history caught up with him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Holy **** the loser doesn’t get credit for hitting on one or two productive mid rounds picks while squandering every top pick and sh*tting the bed in free agency. Just stop. You’re grandmother could have done better closing her eyes and playing pin the tail on draft picks. The guy was a ******* loser

Replace Big Mac with JiF and Hess and this team is heading to the Super Bowl this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Would you agree that Bless Austin is a shining example of Mike Maccidentally making a good draft pick? 

There are a few guys with potential.....Cashman, Austin, even Shepherd looks like he could be a rotational guy, etc.  But we're digging deep to find just a few examples of players that might be good enough to stick on an NFL roster.  Austin could be the best of them though.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Edoga, Polite, Cashman and Austin were all high risk, high reward. And it's showed with all of them. 

Some top scout called the 2019 Jet draft the “worst draft for a rebuilding team I have ever seen”.

No surprise.  The guy making the picks was a Scout in Houston, whose team he worked for never won anything, or had a QB, was about to be fired, but the dumbest owner in the NFL was talked into hiring the stumblebum Maccagnan, not even as a Scout...made him GM haha.

• Upvote 1

And he's cheap. 

Grab Byron Jones in free agency- resign Poole. 

Jets might find 1 olineman to buy in free agency- Teams usually don't let them go. (Thuney? Pats never pay).

This new line needs to BUILT for the most part through the draft. Sam will be here 15 years. 

2020 draft needs to be OFFENSIVE! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There are a few guys with potential.....Cashman, Austin, even Shepherd looks like he could be a rotational guy, etc.  But we're digging deep to find just a few examples of players that might be good enough to stick on an NFL roster.  Austin could be the best of them though.

yes... Cashman.  I was excited about him, and then, of course, he got injured.  He has a history of it.  I hope he heals fully and comes back ruf and ready

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not a fan of Mac or the way he drafted but people make it seem like every single player her drafter was a terrible bust and that is simply not the case. 

Leo- maybe overdrafted but far from a bust 

Jordan Jenkins- far from a bust

Jamal Adams- one of the top players at his position

Maye- far from a bust

Sam Darnold- far from a bust- possibly the Franchise QB

Chris Herndon- far from a bust 

Fatukasi and Shepherd: turns out these guys needed some development but are coming into their own as solid contributors on the D-line. 

And I'm not including the guys he drafted last year, a few of which look quite promising. Cashman (despite the injury), Austin, Edoga, and QW all have flashed and look promising, some more than others. 

I get it, this includes 5 drafts with some high draft picks. Some of these were hard to F up. However, you can't nec. hold that against him. Give the guy a tiny bit of credit, even if its only for once in a blue moon getting it right. 

• Upvote 1

Sweet mother of God.  Macc was far and away the worst drafting GM in the league, but the argument from some here is he suddenly deserves credit, simply because it's technically possible he could have done a slightly worse job if he had deliberately gone out of his way to take only the most awful of players with every pick (as opposed to just the majority of the picks).  Players getting injured isn't a free pass when that is literally the reason the entire rest of the league passed on them, because unlike Macc, they weren't too dumb to understand the situation.

Macc was immeasurably bad at absolutely everything he ever did.  That's all there is to it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Holy **** the loser doesn’t get credit for hitting on one or two productive mid rounds picks while squandering every top pick and sh*tting the bed in free agency. Just stop. You’re grandmother could have done better closing her eyes and playing pin the tail on draft picks. The guy was a ******* loser

FF017FC7-69BE-46D9-8EA8-73C663DAB702.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It would seem to be too soon to evaluate the pick. Especially when the concern that moved him off of teams’ boards was his inability to stay healthy.

This. If it’s too early to grade others as busts, it’s too early to grade this one a success. If health was no concern it seems he’d have been drafted earlier. 

If he’s healthy for no more than 5 games going forward is it still a good pick? Not particularly. Was Milliner? FFS a year ago today some people were still calling Darron Lee a good pick. Ù

Too early. If he stays on the field consistently for years then we’ll start jerking him off for a good pick. 

If I'm objectively stating the good picks Mac has made? I would say both Jamal Adams and Sammy Darnold were excellent picks and both have the ability to be difference makers.

If I'm objectively stating the good picks Mac has made, but NOT players that are difference makers, I would say Marcus Maye, Nate Shepard, Folarunso Fatokasi, Lachlan Edwards.

So I'm objectively stating SIX picks are decent players. In other words, 6 players out of approximately 35 picks have actually become good players. 6 divided 35 = 17.1% So 17.1% of his picks are worth anything. This is to say nothing about the team being 5-11? That's a very sobering statistic that let's you know your GM sucks. It's clear that's someone that had NO idea how to pick players.

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

But my grandmother is dead so we would’ve forfeited all Draft picks. I suppose thatS still better than what Mac drafted anyways.