Sign in to follow this  
RonaldJet

Sam Darnold/Blake Bortles comprision

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

Sam Darnold/Blake Bortles comprision

Sorry, I don't trust anyone trying to compare things who can't even spell the word comparison.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

A quarterback with a 9-15 career record and 37 TDs against 27 interceptions has been compared to Brett Favre and Blake Bortles today. Guess which comparison people thought was crazy!

I think they're both crazy.

We can argue all day about better supporting cast, better OLine, two different offensive systems in two years, seeing ghosts, Gase as a coach, the guy being only 22 years old, his turnovers in college, being forced to play with 4th string WRs, etc. but the answer is that we truly don't know how good or bad Darnold will be yet.  The only Favre comparison I'd make is that the "gambler" / make some amazing throws, commit some ugly turnovers style of Darnold is probably reasonable.  We've seen great and we've seen ugly.

We've also seen QBs here (Sanchez) who seemed to start off very well when he was surrounded by a great team and then his trajectory went south when the personnel around him degraded.  I would submit that Darnold could benefit from the opposite, and coming into the league and starting with a bad roster only to see it improve rather than degrade in his 3rd, 4th, 5th seasons.  But again, we won't know until we know.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company