Jump to content
nj meadowlands

State of the Jets - Arguably more depressing than pre-Darnold

Recommended Posts

I woke up today not upset or surprised about what transpired on Thursday Night Football -- I think we all came to terms pretty quickly with the facts that the Ravens are awesome this year, the Jets are dreadful, and the Ravens would deliver the Jets yet another primetime spanking in their house.  In fact, I thought the 53 players who dressed yesterday played very hard, which (very sadly), is the best we can hope for these days.  I did wake up, however, enveloped by the sinking sense that despite the never ending free-fall of the past 10 years, we have not yet hit rock bottom.  No, that will occur in the 2020's.  Let me preface this by saying it is not a "SOJF" post, SAR, so you can carry on with selling your tickets for next week to Joe Bob from Western PA.  Rather, there are a few very concrete reasons why the State of the Jets on December 13, 2019 is more hopeless than it was before the Jets drafted their beacon of hope on April 26, 2018.

  • Sam Darnold - Now 9-15 as a starting QB, Darnold has thrown 34 touchdowns vs. 27 INTs, and lost 4 more fumbles.  Seemingly every week, he does something that makes your jaw drop in awe, and something else that makes you recoil in terror.  I still believe in Darnold, who is only 23, has a tremendous arm, processes extremely quickly, and might have a more impressive temperament than anyone in the league.  I still think he'll be good.  I think the "excuses" many make for him regarding our bottom-5 offensive line and below average skill position crew are perfectly valid.  I also think the cynics have every reason to question whether the kid who turned the ball over a lot at USC will ever grow out of being the guy who turns the ball over a lot in the NFL, whether his footwork can be salvaged from years of playing behind leaky offensive lines, or whether his decision making will ever improve when his boss's decision making is incomprehensible.
     
  • The Rest of the Roster - The biggest indictment on the Jets is that, aside from Darnold,  they have made no significant upgrades or long-term investments at the most important positions on the roster.  It's been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.  Offensive line, edge rusher, cornerback, WR1.  Nothing.  Nada.  For YEARS.  They have instead wasted their time and capital building their defense into a unit that could compete with the running attack of the Providence Steam Roller in the 1930's.  Not very useful today, guys! The cupboard is so bare that I am rooting for the Jets to trade what are probably their two best players, Bell and Adams, to re-coup a few extra draft picks so that Joe Douglas -- himself an unknown quantity -- can have a legitimate chance at re-building this mess.  (Speaking of Joe Douglas, we all better hope his first Free Agency goes a little bit better than Ryan Kalil)  In a league where turnarounds are usually swift, the Jets' roster is probably 2 years away (which we seem to say every single December) from being remotely competitive.  You know what else happens in 2 years?  Sam Darnold will be an unrestricted free agent.  Depressing.
     
  • Adam Gase - I am not a Hire Planes to Get People Fired guy. I think the NYSF guy is a complete clown.  But the body of evidence against Adam Gase as a head coach in the NFL is staggering.  He is now 28-35 as a Head Coach and his teams seem to lose by 2 touchdowns every single week.  Everything we feared about Gase last January has been proven right.  He's a megalomaniac who treats his injured players like sh*t.  He can't figure out a way to properly utilize the best offensive weapon he's had since his time in Denver.  His second half offensive gameplans get eviscerated every single week.  It's almost as if we should not have already committed ANOTHER year of employ to this unimpressive white dude with the seemingly endless record of failing upward... 
     
  • The Johnsons - ...which leads us to the Johnson boys.  Lord only knows when Brother Woody will return from his eurotrip as Comrade President's ambassador to the UK.  Do we even want him back? (Elections have consequences, folks!)  When Woody was appointed ambassador, I was among the many of us ecstatic about the notion that maybe Brother Chris would run things differently.  Aside from being a little less socially inept, Brother Chris does not run things differently.  The Johnsons are the common thread presiding over the worst stretch in Jets history.  Worse than the 70's.  Worse than Kotite.  Woody Johnson is not a smart dude.  It took him 5 years to earn a history degree from Arizona State.  He is a dumb guy who was born rich, and who bought the Jets to be his toy.  The Jets are not a vocation to the Johnsons like the Steelers are to the Rooneys or the Giants to the Maras.  The Jets are dumb Woody's money making toy.  They are so profitable, and Woody has so little interest in what goes on on the field, that there is no real incentive to change anything (least of all, their dumbass reporting structure).

In summary,  Darnold may be the answer at QB, and he may not.  But given the state of the roster, the further teardown that is required to fix it, and the utter incompetence of the people tasked with putting it back together, we might never actually get to find out!  That, my friends, is ******* depressing.

  • Upvote 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighPitch said:

I dont think its depressing. I think next year will be better

Agreed.  I think douglas is better suited for building this team.  We do have a high fist rounder again but also another high 3rd rounder.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I dont think its depressing. I think next year will be better

I'd like to think so, friend.  Come August, I will trick myself into thinking exactly this!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I woke up today not upset or surprised about what transpired on Thursday Night Football -- I think we all came to terms pretty quickly with the facts that the Ravens are awesome this year, the Jets are dreadful, and the Ravens would deliver the Jets yet another primetime spanking in their house.  In fact, I thought the 53 players who dressed yesterday played very hard, which (very sadly), is the best we can hope for these days.  I did wake up, however, enveloped by the sinking sense that despite the never ending free-fall of the past 10 years, we have not yet hit rock bottom.  No, that will occur in the 2020's.  Let me preface this by saying it is not a "SOJF" post, SAR, so you can carry on with selling your tickets for next week to Joe Bob from Western PA.  Rather, there are a few very concrete reasons why the State of the Jets on December 13, 2019 is more hopeless than it was before the Jets drafted their beacon of hope on April 26, 2018.

  • Sam Darnold - Now 9-15 as a starting QB, Darnold has thrown 34 touchdowns vs. 27 INTs, and lost 4 more fumbles.  Seemingly every week, he does something that makes your jaw drop in awe, and something else that makes you recoil in terror.  I still believe in Darnold, who is only 23, has a tremendous arm, processes extremely quickly, and might have a more impressive temperament than anyone in the league.  I still think he'll be good.  I think the "excuses" many make for him regarding our bottom-5 offensive line and below average skill position crew are perfectly valid.  I also think the cynics have every reason to question whether the kid who turned the ball over a lot at USC will ever grow out of being the guy who turns the ball over a lot in the NFL, whether his footwork can be salvaged from years of playing behind leaky offensive lines, or whether his decision making will ever improve when his boss's decision making is incomprehensible.
     
  • The Rest of the Roster - The biggest indictment on the Jets is that, aside from Darnold,  they have made no significant upgrades or long-term investments at the most important positions on the roster.  It's been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.  Offensive line, edge rusher, cornerback, WR1.  Nothing.  Nada.  For YEARS.  They have instead wasted their time and capital building their defense into a unit that could compete with the running attack of the Providence Steam Roller in the 1930's.  Not very useful today, guys! The cupboard is so bare that I am rooting for the Jets to trade what are probably their two best players, Bell and Adams, to re-coup a few extra draft picks so that Joe Douglas -- himself an unknown quantity -- can have a legitimate chance at re-building this mess.  (Speaking of Joe Douglas, we all better hope his first Free Agency goes a little bit better than Ryan Kalil)  In a league where turnarounds are usually swift, the Jets' roster is probably 2 years away (which we seem to say every single December) from being remotely competitive.  You know what else happens in 2 years?  Sam Darnold will be an unrestricted free agent.  Depressing.
     
  • Adam Gase - I am not a Hire Planes to Get People Fired guy. I think the NYSF guy is a complete clown.  But the body of evidence against Adam Gase as a head coach in the NFL is staggering.  He is now 28-35 as a Head Coach and his teams seem to lose by 2 touchdowns every single week.  Everything we feared about Gase last January has been proven right.  He's a megalomaniac who treats his injured players like sh*t.  He can't figure out a way to properly utilize the best offensive weapon he's had since his time in Denver.  His second half offensive gameplans get eviscerated every single week.  It's almost as if we should not have already committed ANOTHER year of employ to this unimpressive white dude with the seemingly endless record of failing upward... 
     
  • The Johnsons - ...which leads us to the Johnson boys.  Lord only knows when Brother Woody will return from his eurotrip as Comrade President's ambassador to the UK.  Do we even want him back? (Elections have consequences, folks!)  When Woody was appointed ambassador, I was among the many of us ecstatic about the notion that maybe Brother Chris would run things differently.  Aside from being a little less socially inept, Brother Chris does not run things differently.  The Johnsons are the common thread presiding over the worst stretch in Jets history.  Worse than the 70's.  Worse than Kotite.  Woody Johnson is not a smart dude.  It took him 5 years to earn a history degree from Arizona State.  He is a dumb guy who was born rich, and who bought the Jets to be his toy.  The Jets are not a vocation to the Johnsons like the Steelers are to the Rooneys or the Giants to the Maras.  The Jets are dumb Woody's money making toy.  They are so profitable, and Woody has so little interest in what goes on on the field, that there is no real incentive to change anything (least of all, their dumbass reporting structure).

In summary,  Darnold may be the answer at QB, and he may not.  But given the state of the roster, the further teardown that is required to fix it, and the utter incompetence of the people tasked with putting it back together, we might never actually get to find out!  That, my friends, is ******* depressing.

I don't agree. We played las night without Adams, Williams, Mosley, Williamson, Herndon, Griffin, Thomas , etc..  Douglas will have an off season of free agency, drafting and trading.  His moves to date have been pretty good:  the Williams trade; Ryan Griifin; Vyncent Smith & Berrios. Kahil did not work out but he is one and done with no cap implications.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I'd like to think so, friend.  Come August, I will trick myself into thinking exactly this!

In all seriousness we do have some good pieces.  To be afir we were absolutely decimated by injuries.  Sam,Mosley,Adams,Herndon,Enunwa, etc have all missed significant time.  Otherwise we might be looking at a much different season 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that its bad but its NEVER worse than it is when you don't have a QB. And I'm not saying Darnold is there yet, but he sure as heck is the best young QB I've ever seen don the Jets uniform. Maybe aside from Pennington. 

JD has a lot of work to do but this defense is close. They need edge rush help and a starting CB on the outside to pair with Bless. With a CB in the draft to develop for the future who can serve as depth. They can get both starters in FA. I'm not saying they will get the top FA CB and the top FA Edge rusher. I'm just saying they need a couple of vet starters that can help and ASSUMING  THEY ARE HEALTHY this defense will be very very good. 

Offensively there is a lot more work to be done. However, thats where you invest most of your FA and draft capital. 2 O-line starters (again, they don't have to be top FAs, would be nice to get Scherff but you gotta get 2 legit starters to protect Darnold) and 2 HIGH O-line draft picks (first 3 rounds). Hopefully we get a legit blue chip LT prospect fall to us in the first round- we should. Right there you are 1/2 way to an O-line rebuild. 

The rest of the way you add WRs in a VERY deep WR draft and fill in depth via FA. 

Yes, this is a 2-3 year 're-build' but assuming the Jets are healthy they can field a MUCH better team next year with the right FA and draft moves. They don;t even have to trade Adams or Bell like so many are calling for. 

Maybe I'm an optimist but this is how I'm looking at it. I truly believe you can turn things around in a flash in the NFL, injuries have a huge impact, and the offensive line is the most important part of a functioning offense other than QB.       

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greensleeves said:

So, the Jets have 13 starters out, Jamal, their best player out, makeshift O-Line, playing the best team in football on the road, moved the ball pretty well early on, hosed on two big calls - but are in terrible shape? Darnold played better than Russell Wilson did at home against the Ravens with a much worse line and supporting cast.

Go O-Line and WR in the draft and possibly one corner - get our injured guys back, add some pieces in free agency and we'll be contending next year for the division. Brady may not even be back, and he's been mediocre at best this year.

This is the kind of delusion I needed this morning.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the evidence that Bill B and Pete Carroll was a bad heas coach after 6 years was STAGGERING, 

We had both.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not more depressed about the roster than before Darnold,  Can't even evaluate with all these injuries.  I am, however, worried that we are committed to Gase and he may not be the right guy.  I want to see a draft from this front office before I choose something else to do on Sundays.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I dont think its depressing. I think next year will be better

I agree it will be much better if Douglas can surround Darnold with some real NFL players.

But the best thing would be if Kelly Clarkson would buy the team.  Seriously, I don’t think the Jets can EVER be one of the high end teamS with this ownership similar to the Mets and the Wilpons.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you were expecting last night....

I thought they had a great game... Sure there was a couple hickups... Mostly the INT. But with 90% of the starters on IR or out this game I am not quite sure what you thought would happen against the superbowl favorite at the moment.

Sure they should have made those plays but you really expecting Jeff Smith to come off PS and save the team? I think it was glaring that the Jets really need a run blocking WRs and OLine and a WR that can catch contested balls.  

On defense they held their own. noting that they were starting 3 players that were starters in week 1.

Sure there is a lot to be done. But last night showed me that nobody gave up, they tried hard till the end. Couldn't make a few key plays and that the coach may actually work out in the end. But that is what I saw.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The hope is that Douglas is the real deal 

 

This.  

Even if he's just mediocre at his job, it will be better than the past few GMs we've had.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I woke up today not upset or surprised about what transpired on Thursday Night Football -- I think we all came to terms pretty quickly with the facts that the Ravens are awesome this year, the Jets are dreadful, and the Ravens would deliver the Jets yet another primetime spanking in their house.  In fact, I thought the 53 players who dressed yesterday played very hard, which (very sadly), is the best we can hope for these days.  I did wake up, however, enveloped by the sinking sense that despite the never ending free-fall of the past 10 years, we have not yet hit rock bottom.  No, that will occur in the 2020's.  Let me preface this by saying it is not a "SOJF" post, SAR, so you can carry on with selling your tickets for next week to Joe Bob from Western PA.  Rather, there are a few very concrete reasons why the State of the Jets on December 13, 2019 is more hopeless than it was before the Jets drafted their beacon of hope on April 26, 2018.

  • Sam Darnold - Now 9-15 as a starting QB, Darnold has thrown 34 touchdowns vs. 27 INTs, and lost 4 more fumbles.  Seemingly every week, he does something that makes your jaw drop in awe, and something else that makes you recoil in terror.  I still believe in Darnold, who is only 23, has a tremendous arm, processes extremely quickly, and might have a more impressive temperament than anyone in the league.  I still think he'll be good.  I think the "excuses" many make for him regarding our bottom-5 offensive line and below average skill position crew are perfectly valid.  I also think the cynics have every reason to question whether the kid who turned the ball over a lot at USC will ever grow out of being the guy who turns the ball over a lot in the NFL, whether his footwork can be salvaged from years of playing behind leaky offensive lines, or whether his decision making will ever improve when his boss's decision making is incomprehensible.
     
  • The Rest of the Roster - The biggest indictment on the Jets is that, aside from Darnold,  they have made no significant upgrades or long-term investments at the most important positions on the roster.  It's been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.  Offensive line, edge rusher, cornerback, WR1.  Nothing.  Nada.  For YEARS.  They have instead wasted their time and capital building their defense into a unit that could compete with the running attack of the Providence Steam Roller in the 1930's.  Not very useful today, guys! The cupboard is so bare that I am rooting for the Jets to trade what are probably their two best players, Bell and Adams, to re-coup a few extra draft picks so that Joe Douglas -- himself an unknown quantity -- can have a legitimate chance at re-building this mess.  (Speaking of Joe Douglas, we all better hope his first Free Agency goes a little bit better than Ryan Kalil)  In a league where turnarounds are usually swift, the Jets' roster is probably 2 years away (which we seem to say every single December) from being remotely competitive.  You know what else happens in 2 years?  Sam Darnold will be an unrestricted free agent.  Depressing.
     
  • Adam Gase - I am not a Hire Planes to Get People Fired guy. I think the NYSF guy is a complete clown.  But the body of evidence against Adam Gase as a head coach in the NFL is staggering.  He is now 28-35 as a Head Coach and his teams seem to lose by 2 touchdowns every single week.  Everything we feared about Gase last January has been proven right.  He's a megalomaniac who treats his injured players like sh*t.  He can't figure out a way to properly utilize the best offensive weapon he's had since his time in Denver.  His second half offensive gameplans get eviscerated every single week.  It's almost as if we should not have already committed ANOTHER year of employ to this unimpressive white dude with the seemingly endless record of failing upward... 
     
  • The Johnsons - ...which leads us to the Johnson boys.  Lord only knows when Brother Woody will return from his eurotrip as Comrade President's ambassador to the UK.  Do we even want him back? (Elections have consequences, folks!)  When Woody was appointed ambassador, I was among the many of us ecstatic about the notion that maybe Brother Chris would run things differently.  Aside from being a little less socially inept, Brother Chris does not run things differently.  The Johnsons are the common thread presiding over the worst stretch in Jets history.  Worse than the 70's.  Worse than Kotite.  Woody Johnson is not a smart dude.  It took him 5 years to earn a history degree from Arizona State.  He is a dumb guy who was born rich, and who bought the Jets to be his toy.  The Jets are not a vocation to the Johnsons like the Steelers are to the Rooneys or the Giants to the Maras.  The Jets are dumb Woody's money making toy.  They are so profitable, and Woody has so little interest in what goes on on the field, that there is no real incentive to change anything (least of all, their dumbass reporting structure).

In summary,  Darnold may be the answer at QB, and he may not.  But given the state of the roster, the further teardown that is required to fix it, and the utter incompetence of the people tasked with putting it back together, we might never actually get to find out!  That, my friends, is ******* depressing.

The politics are inappropriate.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's arguable. Not surprising either. The team has desperately needed an infusion of cheap young talent for a decade, and instead we spent four premium picks on a QB who thus far hasn't moved the needle. It is what it is.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I woke up today not upset or surprised about what transpired on Thursday Night Football -- I think we all came to terms pretty quickly with the facts that the Ravens are awesome this year, the Jets are dreadful, and the Ravens would deliver the Jets yet another primetime spanking in their house.  In fact, I thought the 53 players who dressed yesterday played very hard, which (very sadly), is the best we can hope for these days.  I did wake up, however, enveloped by the sinking sense that despite the never ending free-fall of the past 10 years, we have not yet hit rock bottom.  No, that will occur in the 2020's.  Let me preface this by saying it is not a "SOJF" post, SAR, so you can carry on with selling your tickets for next week to Joe Bob from Western PA.  Rather, there are a few very concrete reasons why the State of the Jets on December 13, 2019 is more hopeless than it was before the Jets drafted their beacon of hope on April 26, 2018.

  • Sam Darnold - Now 9-15 as a starting QB, Darnold has thrown 34 touchdowns vs. 27 INTs, and lost 4 more fumbles.  Seemingly every week, he does something that makes your jaw drop in awe, and something else that makes you recoil in terror.  I still believe in Darnold, who is only 23, has a tremendous arm, processes extremely quickly, and might have a more impressive temperament than anyone in the league.  I still think he'll be good.  I think the "excuses" many make for him regarding our bottom-5 offensive line and below average skill position crew are perfectly valid.  I also think the cynics have every reason to question whether the kid who turned the ball over a lot at USC will ever grow out of being the guy who turns the ball over a lot in the NFL, whether his footwork can be salvaged from years of playing behind leaky offensive lines, or whether his decision making will ever improve when his boss's decision making is incomprehensible.
     
  • The Rest of the Roster - The biggest indictment on the Jets is that, aside from Darnold,  they have made no significant upgrades or long-term investments at the most important positions on the roster.  It's been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.  Offensive line, edge rusher, cornerback, WR1.  Nothing.  Nada.  For YEARS.  They have instead wasted their time and capital building their defense into a unit that could compete with the running attack of the Providence Steam Roller in the 1930's.  Not very useful today, guys! The cupboard is so bare that I am rooting for the Jets to trade what are probably their two best players, Bell and Adams, to re-coup a few extra draft picks so that Joe Douglas -- himself an unknown quantity -- can have a legitimate chance at re-building this mess.  (Speaking of Joe Douglas, we all better hope his first Free Agency goes a little bit better than Ryan Kalil)  In a league where turnarounds are usually swift, the Jets' roster is probably 2 years away (which we seem to say every single December) from being remotely competitive.  You know what else happens in 2 years?  Sam Darnold will be an unrestricted free agent.  Depressing.
     
  • Adam Gase - I am not a Hire Planes to Get People Fired guy. I think the NYSF guy is a complete clown.  But the body of evidence against Adam Gase as a head coach in the NFL is staggering.  He is now 28-35 as a Head Coach and his teams seem to lose by 2 touchdowns every single week.  Everything we feared about Gase last January has been proven right.  He's a megalomaniac who treats his injured players like sh*t.  He can't figure out a way to properly utilize the best offensive weapon he's had since his time in Denver.  His second half offensive gameplans get eviscerated every single week.  It's almost as if we should not have already committed ANOTHER year of employ to this unimpressive white dude with the seemingly endless record of failing upward... 
     
  • The Johnsons - ...which leads us to the Johnson boys.  Lord only knows when Brother Woody will return from his eurotrip as Comrade President's ambassador to the UK.  Do we even want him back? (Elections have consequences, folks!)  When Woody was appointed ambassador, I was among the many of us ecstatic about the notion that maybe Brother Chris would run things differently.  Aside from being a little less socially inept, Brother Chris does not run things differently.  The Johnsons are the common thread presiding over the worst stretch in Jets history.  Worse than the 70's.  Worse than Kotite.  Woody Johnson is not a smart dude.  It took him 5 years to earn a history degree from Arizona State.  He is a dumb guy who was born rich, and who bought the Jets to be his toy.  The Jets are not a vocation to the Johnsons like the Steelers are to the Rooneys or the Giants to the Maras.  The Jets are dumb Woody's money making toy.  They are so profitable, and Woody has so little interest in what goes on on the field, that there is no real incentive to change anything (least of all, their dumbass reporting structure).

In summary,  Darnold may be the answer at QB, and he may not.  But given the state of the roster, the further teardown that is required to fix it, and the utter incompetence of the people tasked with putting it back together, we might never actually get to find out!  That, my friends, is ******* depressing.

did you somehow any of the roster holdouts from last season were actually going to get much better?  one year older and they are injured more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don't think it's arguable. Not surprising either. The team has desperately needed an infusion of cheap young talent for a decade, and instead we spent four premium picks on a QB who thus far hasn't moved the needle. It is what it is.

Sam Darnold is the only ray of sunshine on the roster full of turds.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don't think it's arguable. Not surprising either. The team has desperately needed an infusion of cheap young talent for a decade, and instead we spent four premium picks on a QB who thus far hasn't moved the needle. It is what it is.

As pessimistic as I am, I'm not willing to cast as much blame on Darnold as you seem to be.  Drew Brees would not move the needle on this sh*thole team.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

did you somehow any of the roster holdouts from last season were actually going to get much better?  one year older and they are injured more.

Nope, I did not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

As pessimistic as I am, I'm not willing to cast as much blame on Darnold as you seem to be.  Drew Brees would not move the needle on this sh*thole team.

I'm not casting blame so much as stating a fact. The team was 5-11 the year before we drafted Darnold, it was 4-12 his first year as a starter, and it's going to end up 5-11 this year. The reason you give up four picks for a QB is because you think he can paper over all the holes you can't fill because you gave up four picks for a QB. So far he hasn't done it.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Not sure what you were expecting last night....

I thought they had a great game... Sure there was a couple hickups... Mostly the INT. But with 90% of the starters on IR or out this game I am not quite sure what you thought would happen against the superbowl favorite at the moment.

Sure they should have made those plays but you really expecting Jeff Smith to come off PS and save the team? I think it was glaring that the Jets really need a run blocking WRs and OLine and a WR that can catch contested balls.  

On defense they held their own. noting that they were starting 3 players that were starters in week 1.

Sure there is a lot to be done. But last night showed me that nobody gave up, they tried hard till the end. Couldn't make a few key plays and that the coach may actually work out in the end. But that is what I saw.

LMAO 6 Td's against and "they held their own". Yeah they held their own c**ks. Don't know about you all, but I would be real satisfied giving up 6 TD's every week.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don't think it's arguable. Not surprising either. The team has desperately needed an infusion of cheap young talent for a decade, and instead we spent four premium picks on a QB who thus far hasn't moved the needle. It is what it is.

How are you more upset by the Darnold trade rather than what some of the players we picked turned out to be with the draft picks we did have? You more upset about Darnold than Hackenberg or Polite? You don’t think that would have help infuse some talent on this barren roster? Man I really question some of you fans mental head space on here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...