Rhg1084

Giants waive Janoris Jenkins

He’s such a POS person

good on the Giants for cutting him. 

Also dude sucks anyway. I’m tired of replacing Suck with Suck. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

He can still play but I'd like to do better in FA at addressing the position. At this point in the season I don't think there is any real point in signing him. Maybe in the off season depending on what the market looks like for corners. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a good player, jets should consider adding him 

Hell no.

I'm hoping the Giants end up resigning him back again so we get the obvious NY Post back page headline:

"What A Retread"

• Haha 1

More name than game, pass.  No more old expensive CB's

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's better than Darryl Roberts

@The Voice of Reason  should be The Voice of Buttfumble

When you say stupid sh*t, you get butt fumbled.... that simple

Especially when you go back and butt fumble something I said a month ago as retribution... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

More name than game, pass.  No more old expensive CB's

@Maxman should put that on the forum banner.  

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a good player, jets should consider adding him 

I always liked him as a CB. Don't know how much he still has left. Wish I knew just what he tweeted. People are so sensitive now I'm just wondering how bad it was.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I always liked him as a CB. Don't know how much he still has left. Wish I knew just what he tweeted. People are so sensitive now I'm just wondering how bad it was.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The funny part about this is how this evolved in the last week or so. It started with him saying it would help the team protect its young CBs if they moved him around more. He claimed by lining him up on the same side every time, the defense became predictable, and teams avoided him and could easily go after the rookies.

Somehow, it went from there, to here. Why these guys think social media is their friend, I’ll never understand....

• Upvote 3

Pass. Jets need youth and positive attitudes. JJ has neither.

• Upvote 1

The initial tweet didn't get him cut, it was the non apology apology and then when asked saying he didn't see anything wrong with using that word, it's just the culture he's from.  He always used that word with his friends and he said if you're offended it's on you.  It's true that people may be too sensitive these days but I remember a poster here with a special needs child explain how hurtful that word was, and if your an athlete in the public sphere you should be responsible when you say something offensive.  In my opinion, I  think this word rises to the level of racial epithets and really shouldn't be used.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

The initial tweet didn't get him cut, it was the non apology apology and then when asked saying he didn't see anything wrong with using that word, it's just the culture he's from.  He always used that word with his friends and he said if you're offended it's on you.  It's true that people may be too sensitive these days but I remember a poster here with a special needs child explain how hurtful that word was, and if your an athlete in the public sphere you should be responsible when you say something offensive.  In my opinion, I  think this word rises to the level of racial epithets and really shouldn't be used.

I agree with this.  It is an inappropriate term to use, but so many of these players are educated and ignorant.  But, whether because the Giants did not help him or he was a double/triple moron, he did not own up to it and apologize.  To me, he was cut because he failed an intelligence test more than anything else.  It was an excuse, and to make a statement. 

For all that we read and hear about these players being supported, they need more help.   FWIW, we have not heard much about Robbie Anderson’s problems lately.  If I had to guess, he is tightly locked down while he waits for his big contract, which will come from someone.  Maybe not 8 figures a year, but high 7 figures.  My guess is that he has someone basically living with him and driving him around keeping him out of trouble.  That is what many of these guys need.  

Let’s see how Robbie does after he gets paid.  If I know the Johnsons, I don’t see them paying him.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

That was me -- my daughter has needs.  I appreciate your comments.  Thank you.   There is no more hurtful term to me than the one Jenkins used. 

My daughter is a wonderful young woman who has a disability.  She has graduated high school, acquired college credits, works a part-time job and she just recently won a gold medal in the State of Illinois Special Olympics (proud dad had to get that in).  Despite her disability, she has accomplished more so far in her life than many young men and women who do not have needs.  I am very proud of her and there is no greater insult than to label her with a derogatory term that is meant as an hateful insult to others. 

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but when small-minded people like Jenkins use a derogatory term that suggests that my daughter is less of a human being because of her disability, I find it infuriating.

Your post regarding your daughter that I referred to really made a profound impression on me. You helped educate me and I appreciate it so thank you. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, docdhc said:

It’s remarkable how this word has turned in the last 20 years.  I had a hr friend who used the word all the time.  Now it’s considered a bad word. 

I don’t hear it much anymore. My wife absolutely hates it. 

15 hours ago, docdhc said:

Your post regarding your daughter that I referred to really made a profound impression on me. You helped educate me and I appreciate it so thank you. 

That’s all it takes. Just spreading the view that the word is hurtful to many people. 

but honestly you can’t change everyone. 

this would be a non issue if he just said he sorry.  But the guy is too stupid to understand that.  A bit ironic actually. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1