Giants waive Janoris Jenkins

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

That’s all it takes. Just spreading the view that the word is hurtful to many people. 

but honestly you can’t change everyone. 

this would be a non issue if he just said he sorry.  But the guy is too stupid to understand that.  A bit ironic actually. 

very few of these guys have the humility to apologize.  fight to the end even if you're dead wrong and you know it way of thinking.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lith said:

That was me -- my daughter has needs.  I appreciate your comments.  Thank you.   There is no more hurtful term to me than the one Jenkins used. 

My daughter is a wonderful young woman who has a disability.  She has graduated high school, acquired college credits, works a part-time job and she just recently won a gold medal in the State of Illinois Special Olympics (proud dad had to get that in).  Despite her disability, she has accomplished more so far in her life than many young men and women who do not have needs.  I am very proud of her and there is no greater insult than to label her with a derogatory term that is meant as an hateful insult to others. 

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but when small-minded people like Jenkins use a derogatory term that suggests that my daughter is less of a human being because of her disability, I find it infuriating.

Well said and congratulations to your daughter.  She's a champ!

• Sympathy 1