Jump to content
Kleckineau

YOU own the NYJ. What actions do you take on 12/30/19 ?

Recommended Posts

Lets hear what you would do if you owned the team after another year of futility. One in which we witnessed the horrible results free agent signings, another very questionable 1st round draft pick and a CS that couldnt coach its way out of a paper bag and the gut punch of watching Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen take their teams into serious contention (LJ, superbowl contender JA, AFCE contender after they beat the Pats).

My fantasy?

On 12/30 I offer Ozzie Newsome a 10 year 100 million dollar contract and also a minority share of the team. I also agree to remain a 1000% hands off owner.

Ozzie is still young enough for one last big challenge.

If he accepts I fire every single coach, (Gase may be the worst since Kotitie) show Joe Douglas the door (he may be ok but you cant hire Ozzie and keep him) and dump the scouting dept.

Let Newsome build this thing like it is an expansion team from the ground up.

Of course its a dream but money and ownership speaks very loudly so who knows....

Your ideas??

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I'm waking up to a gourmet meal prepared by my household staff.  Then, maybe browse the internet for a couple hours, check up on the news. Lunch at an expensive restaurant. Check on the updated guest list for the big New Year's Eve bash that I'm throwing. Dinner with my mistress, too, I hope. 

Stuff like that.

Maybe on January 2 or 3 I'll have a meeting with Joe Douglas and see what he wants to do.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be preparing to drink heavily on New Years Eve and hope that when I wake up 2019 was just a bad dream.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

1. Thank Gase for his time, and release him.

2. Organizational Re-Org:  Coaches -> Head Coach -> General Manager -> Pres. of Football Operations.  Ownership's only role is hiring the Pres of Football Ops, nothing below that level.

3. Hire a competent professional president of Football Ops.  That person decides to keep Douglas or not (he will keep him, I think).

4. Douglas hires a new Coach.  That Coach chooses his own Assistant Coaches (within reason).

5. Trade Adams for a 2020 #1 Pick.

6. Trade Bell for a 2020 Best Pick Offered (lets say a #3).

7. Free Agent Priorities:  2 best O-Linemen regardless of cost.  1x Edge player.  1x Cornerback.  1x average strong Safety

8. Draft Priorities:  #1 WR.  2 best O-linemen our picks can acquire.  RB.  #2 WR is Anderson is too expesive or unwilling to be the @2/@3 he is best suited to be.

2020:  

Darnold has four new starting O-linemen, minimum, 2x FA, 2x top draft picks.  A new #1 WR.  Crowder stays in the slot.  Anderson stays if affordable as the #2/#2 guy.  Herndon and Griffin are both back.  Powell and draft pick and Montgomery perhaps at RB.

Defense has to make do.  Gets an edge, a safety and a CB in free agency.   The rest must come from cheap gap-filler JAG FA's (hopefully with potential), late round draft picks, or the guys we already have.   we have to hope LB as a position stays more healthy in 2020, frankly, we lack enough assets to sign or draft more LB'ers.

That's my plan.

 

Good Post.  Despite disagreement its nothing personal man.  I do think that's a decent plan.  But I need more than just a first round pick for Adams 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah because everyone would want to work for an organisation that fires it's GM without giving him free agency, a draft or a chance to sign his own head coach.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Good Post.  Despite disagreement its nothing personal man.  I do think that's a decent plan.  But I need more than just a first round pick for Adams 

Hell, I'll take three 3 #1's if someone wants to give it!

Real world I think we can get a #1 and a good-but-not-great mid-rounder, maybe a #4, hopefully a #3.  A #1 and #3 could go a looooong way to helping us this offseason, if Douglas is who I hope he is.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Good Post.  Despite disagreement its nothing personal man.  I do think that's a decent plan.  But I need more than just a first round pick for Adams 

Yeah, sorry dude for those return negreps.  I took them all back.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'd let Joe Douglas and Adam Gase get to work building and executing on the vision that they discussed when they first came together as a team.

Gases vision worked so damn good in Miami.

If his vision is to have a bottom 5 ranked offense (which he has had pretty well every single year he has been a HC) then that's a good vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

Hell, I'll take three 3 #1's if someone wants to give it!

Real world I think we can get a #1 and a good-but-not-great mid-rounder, maybe a #4, hopefully a #3.  A #1 and #3 could go a looooong way to helping us this offseason, if Douglas is who I hope he is.

Same here lol.  If Dallas really wants him that bad I will take 3 first rounders haha.  realistically I want at leats a first and a second. Two high picks would be huge for us to use on the line for Sam or maybe get that edge rusher we have searched for or a Wide out.  Anyway Im glad you hold no grudge.  We are both Jet fans.  We both want the to win and want Sa to succeed as well as the whole team.   So like I said I know we ay have disagreements but at the end of the ay we both are apart of the same team essentialy so hopefully in a few years we looks back and we have  Super Bowl....one can dream lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, sorry dude for those return negreps.  I took them all back.  

No problem don't worry about it.  Honestly its not vindictive on my part, I do it mostly to lighten the mood but I try not to do it too much.  Im just a positive fan and sometimes too much negativity gets too me.  Im not sying you do that but just in general

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

Mad props. Especially a week away from potentially the worst SW movie ever released. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

No problem don't worry about it.  Honestly its not vindictive on my part, I do it mostly to lighten the mood but I try not to do it too much.  Im just a positive fan and sometimes too much negativity gets too me.  Im not sying you do that but just in general

I'm definitely a poster-child for cynicism and pessimism and doubt, I accept that.  I like to think, tho, that I do it in an objective, fact-based way most of the time.

To continue my Star Wars references from above, I strive to bring balance to the Forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gases vision worked so damn good in Miami.

If his vision is to have a bottom 5 ranked offense (which he has had pretty well every single year he has been a HC) then that's a good vision.

I'm not optimistic about Gase but firing him for this mess seems very short sighted.  Mac was a disaster and blaming Gase for the state of the roster is just silly.  It's quite clear him and mac didnt see eye to eye.  He handpicked the GM, let's see what they can do together for an offseason.  If Gase continues to trot out an embarrassing offense and continues to get blown out in every loss, then let Joe Douglas do what he feels is best for this team.

Bottom line is, Adam Gase isnt getting fired, so get used to it and hope that some positive comes from this relationship is really the only thing we can do.  Yelling, screaming, kicking, flying planes...aint getting Gase fired. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

I'm definitely a poster-child for cynicism and pessimism and doubt, I accept that.  I like to think, tho, that I do it in an objective, fact-based way most of the time.

To continue my Star Wars references from above, I strive to bring balance to the Forum.

I respect that. I feel like Im objective too.  Not once have I ever said Sam is a Pro Bowler or a finished product.  Ive bene very open about the things he needs to stop and work on.  However I do think its fair to say that the support around him has not been too good outside of Crowder and Robby who I really like and think are key pieces moving forward.  I was NOT a fan of hiring Gase and still don't like him but all wecan do is hope he has a good year next year or he is gone,  Douglas is our main hope now.  he has some high picks and cap space to make the necessary moves.  If he does make a Adams trade or a Bell tarde like yu were suggesting then he needs to really hit a homerun in particularly with adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not optimistic about Gase but firing him for this mess seems very short sighted.  Mac was a disaster and blaming Gase for the state of the roster is just silly.  It's quite clear him and mac didnt see eye to eye.  He handpicked the GM, let's see what they can do together for an offseason.  If Gase continues to trot out an embarrassing offense and continues to get blown out in every loss, then let Joe Douglas do what he feels is best for this team.

Bottom line is, Adam Gase isnt getting fired, so get used to it and hope that some positive comes from this relationship is really the only thing we can do.  Yelling, screaming, kicking, flying planes...aint getting Gase fired. 

You're 100% right, Gase is NOT getting fired, I agree.  I would move on, in MY plan, because I simply don't believe in him or his system as an NFL Head Coach.  I believe he will ultimately prove me right on him, sadly.

But you're right, he is here next year, I think that's set in stone.  The Johnson's will not pay three Coaches at once.  

In the same vein, the broken and dysfunctional Org. Chart of the Jets will also not be fixed next year (or ever).  

I reallt don't like that Douglas is indebted to Gase tho.  I won't lie.  I have some optimism re: Douglas, but he (as GM) needs 100% independence from Gase, the Coach.  IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not optimistic about Gase but firing him for this mess seems very short sighted.  Mac was a disaster and blaming Gase for the state of the roster is just silly.  It's quite clear him and mac didnt see eye to eye.  He handpicked the GM, let's see what they can do together for an offseason.  If Gase continues to trot out an embarrassing offense and continues to get blown out in every loss, then let Joe Douglas do what he feels is best for this team.

Bottom line is, Adam Gase isnt getting fired, so get used to it and hope that some positive comes from this relationship is really the only thing we can do.  Yelling, screaming, kicking, flying planes...aint getting Gase fired. 

I don;t blame Gase at all for the state of the roster, I just think his past record and his record her so far clearly indicates he is a bad head coach.  The reason he was brought here and to Miami before that was to take the QBs to a next level.  In both cases they got worse.

It's bad when you make a terrible mistake choosing a head coach.  It is worse to hang on to that mistake.

Have no fear he will be here for at least two more years but they will be like Rex's and Bowles last two years.  A total waste of time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not optimistic about Gase but firing him for this mess seems very short sighted.  Mac was a disaster and blaming Gase for the state of the roster is just silly.  It's quite clear him and mac didnt see eye to eye.  He handpicked the GM, let's see what they can do together for an offseason.  If Gase continues to trot out an embarrassing offense and continues to get blown out in every loss, then let Joe Douglas do what he feels is best for this team.

Bottom line is, Adam Gase isnt getting fired, so get used to it and hope that some positive comes from this relationship is really the only thing we can do.  Yelling, screaming, kicking, flying planes...aint getting Gase fired. 

Shane’s narrative of blaming Gase for Macs failure is absurd. Don’t fall for it. Most people realize that he had a history as a HC and OC before he was saddled with Mac’s roster and it was all bad except for the Peyton years.

I get that he’s not going anywhere, and I get that it’s best to keep Sam in the same offense for once. However, I disagree that firing him 11 months in would seem short-sighted. He’s a proven loser who doesn’t enhance a QB or an offense’s effectiveness.

Sam will be on the 3rd (and for all intents and purposes, “show me”) yr of his rookie deal next year. If Gase is absolved for any blame because of “Mac’s roster”, then when Douglass improves the roster and the jets get a few more wins next year but Gase continues to do Gase things, will it then be prudent to move on from him while Sam goes into the fourth year of his rookie deal with a new coach? Or will we then be saddled with the same Gase who is a proven loser just because Sam and Douglass are dragging him to competency?

I’d say it’s better the Johnsons admit they were wrong, pull the plug on this experiment, and go get someone who isn’t a proven loser to work with Sam and Douglass over the next two years of Sam’s deal to see if we have our FQB or if we need to draft another one in ‘21 and groom him while Sam plays out his 5th year here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you guys live in lala-land. Gase is going nowhere. Douglas is the GM. 

Nothing is happening after the season aside from preparing for the draft with a GM that appears to be the most qualified since Parcells. 

For all the Gase hate, we have 5 wins despite:

1- No offensive line to start the year and then losing starters to injuries

2- Darnold having mono

3- Never getting Herndon back (losing Griffin)

4- No true edge rusher

5- Questionable CBs

6- Missing Mosley the entire season (followed by Cashman going down for the season)

7- Missing Adams/Poole last couple of weeks

8- Inheriting a bad PK situation

Despite all of that, the team hasn't fractured. Gase hasn't proven to me that he is great coach but it would be moronic to fire him after this year.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

dumb

guessing its a response to the OP.

As if Ozzie wouldn't laugh himself dizzy if the jets approached. Leave you division winning team with an MVp for THIS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Some of you guys live in lala-land. Gase is going nowhere. Douglas is the GM. 

Nothing is happening after the season aside from preparing for the draft with a GM that appears to be the most qualified since Parcells. 

For all the Gase hate, we have 5 wins despite:

1- No offensive line to start the year and then losing starters to injuries

2- Darnold having mono

3- Never getting Herndon back (losing Griffin)

4- No true edge rusher

5- Questionable CBs

6- Missing Mosley the entire season (followed by Cashman going down for the season)

7- Missing Adams/Poole last couple of weeks

8- Inheriting a bad PK situation

Despite all of that, the team hasn't fractured. Gase hasn't proven to me that he is great coach but it would be moronic to fire him after this year.  

Look im not a Gase fan but there is no doubt injuries  have been killers for us this year.  between Sam and Mosley and adams its bene one after the other.  next year is a big year for Gase and Sam.  This offseason is probably the most important offseason in a long time.  Douglas has some high picks and cap space he needs to plug in the holes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Hiring a top notch military person with expertise in war planning/games to analyze organization from the ground up treating opponents as military foes and give advice on shaping organizational strategy accordingly. Keep this person full time if deemed necessary.


2) Hiring top notch artificial intelligence/business intelligence person to enhance operations from the ground up.


3) Give GM Douglas direct fire/hire power of coaching staff with suggestion (not demand) of moving on from Gase & strength/condition coach Gulac. Recommend Alosi as potential replacement for Gulac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...