jeTMAC

Who's the next Lamar Jackson

5 hours ago, jeTMAC said:

Wildcat/pocket QB.

Not sure but I you would have to think these type of QBs will be getting a much closer look. 

Lamar Jackson is the first Lamar Jackson. Maybe another like him in 50 years.

• Upvote 1

Probably Jamar Lackson.

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Patrick Mahomes, Desean Watson, Lamar Jackson. The top 3 QBs under 25 in the NFL. All passed on by Macc.

Give me Sammy and I'm still happy. Kid is a Jet, get used to it. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

Patrick Mahomes, Desean Watson, Lamar Jackson. The top 3 QBs under 25 in the NFL. All passed on by Macc.

With his team in desperate need of a QB

• Upvote 3

Most of the QB's coming out of College have a legitimate dual threat ability - including 3 of the Heisman finalists and all four of the playoff teams - it has been part of the NCAA game for a decade, the NFL was slower to adapt (probably due to injury risk - see RG3)

Haskins was an exception as a very successful (50 TD's) pocket QB

Lamar is one of the first to be featured (offense built around him) - credit to Ozzie and the coaching staff but he also has a great arm and can stand in the pocket and throw the ball as well as anyone - I think that's the difference as most of the other "wildcat" QB's ran first and only passed when they had too - I don't think it matters to Lamar (who is also his own agent) 

If he stays healthy, he will change NFL offenses forever, like LT changed NFL defenses but without hookers and blow :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Give me Sammy and I'm still happy. Kid is a Jet, get used to it. 

Agreed.  I’m ecstatic we have Sam  The difference is all those QBs went do good teams and situations 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

How come RG3 never played like this?

I think he did for 1 year.  As great as LJ has played this year, running QBs are more likely to get a career-changing hit.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Most of the QB's coming out of College have a legitimate dual threat ability - including 3 of the Heisman finalists and all four of the playoff teams - it has been part of the NCAA game for a decade, the NFL was slower to adapt (probably due to injury risk - see RG3)

Haskins was an exception as a very successful (50 TD's) pocket QB

Lamar is one of the first to be featured (offense built around him) - credit to Ozzie and the coaching staff but he also has a great arm and can stand in the pocket and throw the ball as well as anyone - I think that's the difference as most of the other "wildcat" QB's ran first and only passed when they had too - I don't think it matters to Lamar (who is also his own agent) 

If he stays healthy, he will change NFL offenses forever, like LT changed NFL defenses but without hookers and blow :)

LT played at a All Pro level for his first 9 years you think a running QB can do that??

In terms of athleticism and college passing performance there's never been anyone like him in the history of the game.

So I dunno if there's a "next" Lamar Jackson. Honestly Kyler Murray was probably the closest thing in the last few years.

Lamar's success has much to do with how the Ravens have built the offense around him as well as a dominant defense to keep the pressure off. Gase doesn't adjust his game to his players, it is more like adjusting his players to his game. Lamar, however, appears to be a generational player. Defenses will soon catch up to Lamar's/Raven's offense, it is his talent that will likely keep him ahead of defenses.

Sam can move and throw on the move, but you don't see as many rollouts for him. We need to alter our offense around his skills...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

LT played at a All Pro level for his first 9 years you think a running QB can do that??

If a RB can play 9 years, I think it's possible, especially with the new rules to protect players

2 hours ago, The Gooch said:

Lamar knows when to get out of bounds, or how to protect himself, just like Russell Wilson.   They don't take big hits.

RG3 never did, so he got pummelled and blew up his knee.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

I think he'll evolve, so that instead of running for 1200 yards a season, it tapers down to more like 500-600 as he becomes a better thrower.

Watch the Jets game, he NEVER took a hit, not one clean shot on him.

No one is the next lamar at this point in time but expect some team to badly over draft a guy like Jalen hurts.

3 hours ago, The Gooch said:

He was rookie of the year over Andrew luck thanks to rushing for 800 yards. Then he lost his speed and now he's a zero. 

Lamar Jackson is aleg injury away from being the same.

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

With his team in desperate need of a QB

You whiff on a QB in the 1st RD as a GM, unless your name is John Elway, you're gone.

Maccagnan would NEVER take the risk of drafting a QB in the first, until his hand was finally forced.

Maccagnan was all about protecting the job he never deserved, not making the Jets any better.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You whiff on a QB in the 1st RD as a GM, unless your name is John Elway, you're gone.

Maccagnan would NEVER take the risk of drafting a QB in the first, until his hand was finally forced.

Maccagnan was all about protecting the job he never deserved, not making the Jets any better.

Macagnan just sucked

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think he'll evolve, so that instead of running for 1200 yards a season, it tapers down to more like 500-600 as he becomes a better thrower.

Watch the Jets game, he NEVER took a hit, not one clean shot on him.

1st drive Hewitt nailed him. Cleanest shot he's taken all year in the time I have watched him.

But your point is valid. He avoids those hits 98% of the time. ( or some REALLY high %)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Lamar, however, appears to be a generational player. Defenses will soon catch up to Lamar's/Raven's offense, it is his talent that will likely keep him ahead of defenses.

Other Qbs could get yards running.

None of them had the innate combination of running skills/moves/speed that Lamar has.

He usually has a handful of runs where he gets to the edge and gets a 1d (7-20 yds) w/o even being touched. 

59 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan just sucked

Not Maccagnan’s fault.

The whole thing is right out of some bad Hollywood movie.  A bum gets into an office building, a door is unlocked, he sits down in the office and then all kinds of strange events occur at once and he is made CEO by the following week.

Guy was about to be FIRED as a Scout in Houston and all of a sudden he has 1 of only 32 GM jobs in the entire world.  Probably the first time that has ever happened in NFL history.

His disaster of a tenure is all on the least intelligent owner in the NFL.  Jets will never go anywhere with the black sheep Johnson’s owning them.  Maybe they can call the Wilpon kid from the Mets to help with personnel decisions.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He was rookie of the year over Andrew luck thanks to rushing for 800 yards. Then he lost his speed and now he's a zero. 

Lamar Jackson is a leg injury away from being the same.

Phil Simms said I've known some good running QB's in my life but no older good running QB's.. If BB plays the Ravens in the playoffs it will be interesting to see what he comes up with..

• Upvote 1

every NFL player is a leg injury away from...  whatever...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,