Ryan Griffin to IR

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-place-ryan-griffin-on-ir-activate-ol-brent-qvale

E_SZP20856

The Jets have placed TE Ryan Griffin on injured reserve and activated OL Brent Qvale.

Griffin joined the Jet in July after he was let go by the Texans in May. Griffin started in 13 games for the Jets and had 34 receptions, 320 yards and a career-high five touchdowns. He signed a multi-year extension in November. In seven seasons, Griffin has totaled 1,811 yards and 12 touchdowns on 170 catches.

Qvale hasn’t played this year after he suffered a knee injury in training camp. He was placed on injured reserve to start the season and returned to practice Nov. 28. Qvale played in 16 games for the Jets last year and started two of them. From 2015-18, he started 14 of the 60 games he’s played in.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-place-ryan-griffin-on-ir-activate-ol-brent-qvale

E_SZP20856

The Jets have placed TE Ryan Griffin on injured reserve and activated OL Brent Qvale.

Griffin joined the Jet in July after he was let go by the Texans in May. Griffin started in 13 games for the Jets and had 34 receptions, 320 yards and a career-high five touchdowns. He signed a multi-year extension in November. In seven seasons, Griffin has totaled 1,811 yards and 12 touchdowns on 170 catches.

Qvale hasn’t played this year after he suffered a knee injury in training camp. He was placed on injured reserve to start the season and returned to practice Nov. 28. Qvale played in 16 games for the Jets last year and started two of them. From 2015-18, he started 14 of the 60 games he’s played in.

Absolutely crazy the injuries this year. I can't believe Wesco has been given these chances & cant even surpass Brown. So far, another wasted pick by Macc. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Absolutely crazy the injuries this year. I can't believe Wesco has been given these chances & cant even surpass Brown. So far, another wasted pick by Macc. 

Wesco is still a Rookie. Brown has played in the league a few years. Patience my friend. Foley Fat and Shep took a step in year 2 as well.

The Jets have just been decimated by injuries this year to key players.  I’m not making excuses because all teams go through this but I feel this year especially it’s been one after the other.  Griffin was a real nice surprise.  Herndon and him coming back next year healthy with Dsm could very very fun to watch next year and we need it to happen 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Yeah, that's what we were saying about Shepherd last season.  Now he's a starter.  Go figure.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

E_SZP20856

• WTF? 1

It sucks, but the reason he is on IR has more to do with the fact that the Jets only have 2 more games this year. A high ankle sprain would normally be a 4 week +/- injury - they are using the spot to add a backup OL. The fact that Sam lost him for these last 3 games took one of the few weapons from a decimated WR corp can explain why Sam wasn't on the same page on the INT and some other misses.