If Jets Were Healthy All Season

JetsLife

What would their record be?

Does Darnold at 100% help get the Jets over the hump week 1? Do they win in Miami, Jacksonville and Cincy? If so would 8-6 right now work for you? Keeping in mind the Jets have had one of the easier schedules in the league.

I'm thinking 7-7ish, perhaps 8-6. 

You can’t know. Maybe they’d have lost a game or more that they ended up winning. Different players, different gameplan, different motivation, different gameplan/effort from the opponents not looking forward to a cakewalk game against the (then) 1 or 2 win Jets; impossible to say.

It’s convenient, but it doesn’t work that way where you start with the known end results you like, and start tacking on wins from there. Case in point: no injuries also means a whole season of Osemele and Kalil and Winters. Maybe Enunwa drops a pair of would-be game winning touchdowns. Maybe lots of things. 

Maybe they’d have been 7-7 or better at this point. Maybe they’d have the exact same record. Maybe worse. The team - particularly its line - wasn’t good to begin with.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nah Really?

Meaningless question considering every single team who plays tackle football has guys who get hurt. Maybe they win the Browns game, but they certainly weren't beating the Patriots and the franchise has never beaten Philly. Hell and even if they win all 3, they're still a non playoff team so who really cares anyways.

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

Does Darnold at 100% help get the Jets over the hump week 1? Do they win in Miami, Jacksonville and Cincy? If so would 8-6 right now work for you? Keeping in mind the Jets have had one of the easier schedules in the league.

If we're going under the assumption that Sam doesn't get mono?  I think Buffalo, Miami and Cincy could've been wins, which would've put us at 8-5.  Then again, with Gase as HC of the NYJ, we'd probably be either 6-7 or 7-6.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I’d like to say 7 wins but the truth is that I see the OL and CB as the big problems on this team. If the starting OL stayed healthy we would still see darnold running for his life. They were just terrible. So what would that help?

The CB’s were Tru and Roberts with Poole at the nickle. Tru staying healthy helps nothing and Roberts can’t cover or tackle. He lays a solid pop but that’s about it. He’s a good 5th or 6th CB.

Now Sam being healthy all year could have changed a few things. Even if the mono let him hit Anderson on the open TD in the 4th in game one alone. That one win would have been nice this year.

Fun, or maybe just painful to think about but I’m
Actually happy we got to see what a lot of these guys were made of. Fatukasi, Shepard, Hewitt, basham, Lewis, Harrison (he’s not good) etc. it’s worth something to see these guys.
Sorta like the young crew of CB’s we held on to last year. I was sitting here thinking we had something somewhere in those ranks. It’s nice to know we don’t and can just move on. Or sign guys like Hewitt a d let him compete for a spot

I’d be happier with 7-8 wins right now but I’ll line anything with silver If I can.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we're going under the assumption that Sam doesn't get mono?  I think Buffalo, Miami and Cincy could've been wins, which would've put us at 8-5.  Then again, with Gase as HC of the NYJ, we'd probably be either 6-7 or 7-6.

Sam having mono is why we lost to Miami and Cincinnati? Really?

Its crazy enough that over half the board thinks that’s why we lost to Buffalo. Those other two games? Come on...

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam having mono is why we lost to Miami and Cincinnati? Really?

Its crazy enough that over half the board thinks that’s why we lost to Buffalo. Those other two games? Come on...

He asked if the Jets were healthy all season what our record would be.  I was asking if that also included Sam not getting mono.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He asked if the Jets were healthy all season what our record would be.  I was asking if that also included Sam not getting mono.

Sorry then, I misinterpreted your post. I thought you said him having mono was a reason we lost those two games.

One silver lining from this injury riddled season is we found a bunch of guys that can play that may have never seen a snap or not many if we were relatively healthy. Guys like Austin, Harrison, Griffin, Lewis, Hewitt, & Burgess are guys who we now know can take significant snaps and not have to worry about too much. Then there's guys like Cashman, Edoga & Maulet who gained valuable experience .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

One silver lining from this injury riddled season is we found a bunch of guys that can play that may have never seen a snap or not many if we were relatively healthy. Guys like Austin, Harrison, Griffin, Lewis, Hewitt, & Burgess are guys who we now know can take significant snaps and not have to worry about too much. Then there's guys like Cashman, Edoga & Maulet who gained valuable experience .

Cashman cant stay healthy he was injury prone in college. Hate to say it because when he played he played well but durability is a big issue in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

Things are what they are.  Navel gazing about what "could have been" is pointless.

If you REALLY Want to know....just check out the preseason prediction threads.  Because that's what people thought we'd be "without the injuries" and without hindsight.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I’d say 7-7. 

I had them going 8-8 at the start of the year

i think without the crazy rash of injuries, they would be a .500 level team 

but injuries happen, and the lack of quality depth was always a major concern 

I started a thread after the New Orleans preseason game predicting that the Jets would win 7 games this year, 8 if we had no major injuries.

Well, we had major injuries.  So, we are in agreement.