Avery Williamson

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So Avery Williamson is a homeless person? That’s not funny Joe. 

Many other people besides the homeless ride the subway. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’d bring him back, tbh. Good player whom you could probably slide over to play Jordan Jenkin’s spot.

@T0mShane  did someone hack your account you are on fire. 

• Upvote 2

Feel like he’s the forgotten player this year, think he’s one of the most underrated players in football. Watching him and Mosley healthy together woulda been cool

It really is a shame how that one turned out. Williamson and Mosely in the middle was probably going to be something. Instead we got 3 quarters of a dominating Mosely and then the carousel of backups.

Pretty crazy what was on deck this season

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think the goal for 2020 will be competitive/playoffs. 

Having Avery on the team helps that.  He will not be on the team in 2021.

I would not bump up Jamal Adams in year 4 of his contract.  If we extend him he can be extended after year 4.  So the Jets can basically sign a FA EDGE and CB and still have money for the offense and be able to put a decent defense on the field if they can stay healthy. 

Maye will play out his contract and get replaced with someone they draft in 2020 or 2021. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I think the goal for 2020 will be competitive/playoffs. 

Having Avery on the team helps that.  He will not be on the team in 2021.

I would not bump up Jamal Adams in year 4 of his contract.  If we extend him he can be extended after year 4.  So the Jets can basically sign a FA EDGE and CB and still have money for the offense and be able to put a decent defense on the field if they can stay healthy. 

Maye will play out his contract and get replaced with someone they draft in 2020 or 2021. 

I agree. I know a lot of Jet fans are talking about a complete rebuild but Jet brass will be looking at this as a 'competitive' rebuild. They will expect to be a much better team and compete for the playoffs next year. Top FA targets will be O-line, CB and Edge. Top draft targets will be O-line, CB and WR. It just depends on whos available and who they can get.

Having said the obvious, I think they will let Jenkins walk and go after a more pure Pass Rusher in FA. Cutting Avery does not make much sense b/c of his salary and the dead $$ they will have to take on. Maybe a trade? But he has so little value coming off his injury you might as well keep him, resign one of Hewitt or Burgess and maintain that depth at ILB. Burgess is much more of a liability in coverage than Burgess but Burgess will be cheaper, so it all depends on how much the Jets want to spend, I assume as little as possible.

I agree about Maye. Except I doubt they draft a Safety THIS year, they just have too many other needs. Maybe they will sign or draft one once he is actually let go via FA. 

Still unsure about what they plan to do with Adams. Maybe they WILL trade him. I'm personally not a fan of doing that. But I completely understand if they have already made up their minds about not resigning him, then why not get the most from a trade.  

On 12/15/2019 at 3:41 AM, Maxman said:

I think he will.be back.

Burgess will be back. Hewitt will be gone.

only reason he's back is because he wasnt healthy enough to trade this season.  If he gets off to a hot start and the team struggles again, dont be surprised if he's flipped for good compensation.  I believe he's in the last year of his deal next year as well. 

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

only reason he's back is because he wasnt healthy enough to trade this season.  If he gets off to a hot start and the team struggles again, dont be surprised if he's flipped for good compensation.  I believe he's in the last year of his deal next year as well. 

NY Jets cannot afford to lose any decent players at key positions.

Avery Williamson is a proven NFL player we need more guys like him. 

23 hours ago, PepPep said:

I agree about Maye. Except I doubt they draft a Safety THIS year, they just have too many other needs. Maybe they will sign or draft one once he is actually let go via FA. 

Keep an eye on Alohi Gilman and Jalen Elliot.  A couple of our bargain basement backup safeties come out of Notre Dame and these two are draftable prospects due out this year.