how to fix the jets

kmnj

the real solution is simple-hire Ozzie Newsome to be president and gm-how do you get him you ask? I would throw a boat load of money at him that is how-his salary is not something clearly that impacts the cap so time for the Johnsons to open up their wallets and do the right thing-I would pay him 3 times the top gm salary in the league and give him total control and a five year deal. As a fan a rebuild is tolerable if you have faith in the guy doing the build-our current system fails every single year

Ozzie > Douglass and is not even remotely close-as another poster posted you should check out Douglass draft results (he missed on tons of draft picks)

• Haha 2

Douglass and is not even remotely close-as another poster posted you should check out Douglass draft results (he missed on tons of draft picks)

Well this is great news. Exactly when did Douglas miss on draft picks? I thought he was a first time GM?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the real solution is simple-hire Ozzie Newsome to be president and gm-how do you get him you ask? I would throw a boat load of money at him that is how-his salary is not something clearly that impacts the cap so time for the Johnsons to open up their wallets and do the right thing-I would pay him 3 times the top gm salary in the league and give him total control and a five year deal. As a fan a rebuild is tolerable if you have faith in the guy doing the build-our current system fails every single year

Ozzie > Douglass and is not even remotely close-as another poster posted you should check out Douglass draft results (he missed on tons of draft picks)

Every team misses. Macc just missed too many. We need a draft like the Saints 2017 draft. Pray. 

Building or rebuilding this team is going to be hard and it won't take one year to fix like most people think. One team in particular that I admire are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!!! For years they were known as the Yuckaneers for the way they played and they drafted. When they hired Rich McKay in 1994, this team made a huge turn around. McKay's rebuilding process by drafting good started and in 1996 he hired Tony Dungy as head coach. That team reached their goal in 2003 but with Jon Gruden as head coach not Tony Dungy. But it was the team that Rich McKay built that went to the Super Bowl. Look how much building it took to reach their goal. This is what the Jets need to do is forget about the playoffs for now and build this team. 

One of the main reason this happened is because of ownership the Glazer's. They let McKay do his job and he didn't need to report to them at all. McKay hired his own coach while he was GM. 

Douglas has his hands full, he's not inheriting a team that went to the Super Bowl. He is inheriting a team that has no identity and going nowhere!!! He has a lot of work this off season, trying to put a team together. 

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

We need a draft like the 2006 Jets draft. 

A draft like that - just one - would automatically propel the Jets into the playoffs. Remember in 2005? The Jets ended that season 4-12. Then the 2006 draft happened and they instantly changed from 4-12 to 10-6 and made the playoffs as a wildcard. That 2005 roster, VERY similar to this year's Jets team also has very little talent. I remember posting that the Jets 2005 roster looked like a slice of Swiss cheese.

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

he stepped down - retired or moved into consulting role - Browns lost him when the team moved to Balt - might go down as best ever if they win it this year

Ozzie Newsome Jr. is a former American football tight end for the Cleveland Browns, as well as a former general manager of the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League. Newsome was inducted into both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 1