Kliff Kingsbury-The coach who got away?

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So you take your pain like a man, see the signs that the team is improving, and say positive things to your fellow Jets fans at a loving, warm time of year.

You don't act like a pathetic defeated b-tch.

SAR I

Pathetic defeated b-tch?   

NEVER been a diehard fan my entire life.

Im resilient like the rest. 

joewilly12 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Pathetic defeated b-tch?   

NEVER been a diehard fan my entire life.

Im resilient like the rest. 

joewilly12 

You need to train your inner voice to differentiate when "you" means joewilly12 and when "you" means every SOJF on planet Earth.

SAR I

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I’ve decided to watch the Cards/Browns today and I have to admit every time I have seen the Cards this year I’ve been impressed. I don’t think they have much talent on offense, but the scheme is phenomenal. 

KK is creative AF but keep in mind he lives inside of Baker Mayfield's head, rent-free

the Browns don't travel well for whatever reason (Freddie Kitchen being a moron probably has something to do with it)

and the Cards get worked by good teams all the time, especially on defense 

Is KK better than Gase? Heck yes. 

but have you seen the job Matt Rhule has done with Baylor? 
He wins with Temple, he wins at Baylor after the bottom falls out of recruiting 

Rhule feels like the coach who got away 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

KK is creative AF but keep in mind he lives inside of Baker Mayfield's head, rent-free

the Browns don't travel well for whatever reason (Freddie Kitchen being a moron probably has something to do with it)

Probably a pretty small place.?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t know whether Matt Rhule was going to make it happen with the Jets.  I think there would have been too much of an adjustment working for the Johnsons and transitioning from college to the NFL.   Rhule looks even better this year.  Given the Bowles experience, I don’t think it was unreasonable to ask Rhule to work with some established NFL assistants.  

The Jets need someone who has NFL credibility who would able to tell the Johnsons to stick it.  Cowher, John Harbaugh, maybe even McCarthy. 

I really don’t like Gase, but I can’t say hiring him was a tragic mistake.  He was close to the best the Jets were going to do.   I would have preferred McCarthy, but it sounded like McCarthy needed a personal rehab year.  I think Gase could have used one too.  

I think the Giants are going to hire Rhule, if for no reason than to keep the Jets from hiring him in 2021.

I think Jerry and the Cowboys go back to what they know and hire Urban Meyer.  I don’t think Lincoln Reilly leaves what he has in Norman yet.  Meyer is done in college football and needs the coaching fix.  

McCarthy I don’t know.  I can see someone hiring him for 2020.  If the Jets were smart they would take him and keep Gregg Williams.  

20 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I’ve decided to watch the Cards/Browns today and I have to admit every time I have seen the Cards this year I’ve been impressed. I don’t think they have much talent on offense, but the scheme is phenomenal. 

The most impressive part to me is how many creative run plays they utilize. It would have been interesting to see how Kliff could have utilized Bell and Darnold. 

how many games have you seen them play? 

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

If we had hired Rhule  then Gregg Williams would have been the coach that got away 

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If we had hired Rhule  then Gregg Williams would have been the coach that got away 

Thats fine.  Rhule is a head coach.  Unlike our last three coaches who are merely coordinators that want a bigger pay cheque ad to call the shots.

Gase is an OC (and a lousy one at that) masquerading as a HC.

• Upvote 1

Kingsbury was my top choice (for what was reasonably available), followed by Rhule, and Monken. 

Kingsbury is doing more with less, and a rookie QB.

If Johnson wanted to go the HC with a track record - route he should have just gone with McCarthy. I wasn’t crazy about McCarthy, but I felt he would at least develop Sam well. 

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Probably a pretty small place.?

it's a studio apartment with a fold down murphy bed 

8 hours ago, section314 said:

With bed bugs.

C’mon, huh guys... I’m right here, I can hear everything you’re saying.?

27 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Kingsbury was my top choice (for what was reasonably available), followed by Rhule, and Monken. 

Kingsbury is doing more with less, and a rookie QB.

If Johnson wanted to go the HC with a track record - route he should have just gone with McCarthy. I wasn’t crazy about McCarthy, but I felt he would at least develop Sam well. 

I wanted Kingsbury also, just couldn’t see him and Darnold as a match though. (I’d have loved to have KK and Murray here tbh).

My preference was to hire a Mike Shanahan and let him pick the GM and then they pick the coach. I was never on board with McCarthy, in fact I was glad they took Gase over him.

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I wanted Kingsbury also, just couldn’t see him and Darnold as a match though. (I’d have loved to have KK and Murray here tbh).

My preference was to hire a Mike Shanahan and let him pick the GM and then they pick the coach. I was never on board with McCarthy, in fact I was glad they took Gase over him.

I would have and would still love Mike Shanahan. He’s another one I feel would develop Sam into a top qb.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Like the Hobbits needed Gollum to deliver the ring to Mordor 

this franchise really needed Joe Douglas to trade for Demarious Thomas

and lure a neckless Ryan Kalil out of retirement 

Mac was terrible but Douglas better be some kind of draft wizard 

cause his moves kinda sucked this year 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this franchise really needed Joe Douglas to trade for Demarious Thomas

and lure a neckless Ryan Kalil out of retirement 

Mac was terrible but Douglas better be some kind of draft wizard 

cause his moves kinda sucked this year 

When you’re shopping in the junk yard trying to get 53 viable players for Sunday, you kinda take what you can get. Demaryius Thomas, all in all, was a decent pickup as a replacement for Herndon. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When you’re shopping in the junk yard trying to get 53 viable players for Sunday, you kinda take what you can get. Demaryius Thomas, all in all, was a decent pickup as a replacement for Herndon. 

Thomas dropped a ton of balls. too many for this offense

he also can't run  

Vyncynt Symthye should have gotten every single one of his reps this year 

side note, what's you're opinion on Kaare Vedvik? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Thomas dropped a ton of balls. too many for this offense

he also can't run  

Vyncynt Symthye should have gotten every single one of his reps this year 

side note, what's you're opinion on Kaare Vedvik? 

Uhhhhhh it was Demaryius Thomas who recommended signing VSyllables Smith because he knew him from their time on the Texans, so this is huge self own on your part pal

On 12/16/2019 at 4:11 AM, Jetster said:

So what? I want him to put a lot on Sams plate so it bodes well when we surround him with players. That's a lot better than constantly hiding your QB. McDermott is doing the same thing with Josh Allen but Allens got a great defense constantly getting him possessions & great field position. Just look at last night, White returning picks inside the 5 yard line ect. 

Bills are just more complete than us right now without the injuries. 

yes. first sentence nails it. while I am not a sam apologist,  he can easily be decent , mid level QB, still has a decent shot to be a perennial top 10 guy.