Apples to Apples (SNF thread)

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

He has potential.  Take that defense away and he is below average.

And potential is all you will ever get with him. He is woefully inaccurate and can't make progressions to save his life.

Scary thing about him - if you're a Bills fan - is that he's actually gotten better this year and is still horrendous. The 2010 version of Mark Sanchez is a perfect comparison for him. Watching the Bills play it is obvious he is the weak link.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

And potential is all you will ever get with him. He is woefully inaccurate and can't make progressions to save his life.

Scary thing about him - if you're a Bills fan - is that he's actually gotten better this year and is still horrendous. The 2010 version of Mark Sanchez is a perfect comparison for him. Watching the Bills play it is obvious he is the weak link.

Let me guess who you think is better... ?

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

He has potential.  Take that defense away and he is below average.

He does what he has to do to win. Say what you want about Allen, but he’s cleaned up the turnovers this year and our guy hasn’t. 

Obviously Sam is on a terrible team that barely plays competitive games so it’s going to be tough to coach that out of him. 

• Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

and right on cue, here’s...... nico!

If you're implying that I am also Nico, I hate to break it to you, but I'm not.

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Let me guess who you think is better... ?

To... who? Darnold presumably? Darnold is better than Allen point blank. There are a lot of QBs that people on this forum think Darnold is better than, would do better if teams were changed, etc., and you won't see me defending the more outlandish ones, but I will certainly defend the stance that Darnold > Allen.

But since I clearly don't think Allen is any good, I'm not exactly anointing Darnold the next coming of Brett Favre by claiming he is (and will be) the better QB.

40 minutes ago, nico002 said:

50% completion, 160 yards passing, 66 QB rating, win a defensive battle... that is vintage Sanchez. Are we going to pretend Sanchez didn’t make plays to win those games? 

Did Sanchez have games like that? Sure. So has any QB who’s team wins a tough defensive battle on the road against an excellent defensive team.

I give Allen credit. He’s going to the playoffs and he’s having a nice season. We all heard how talented, but raw he was. He’s worked, improved, and made that leap good ones do in their second year. The Bills took a chance on the kid and it’s really working out well.

Let’s see how Darnold does at home against the Steelers next Sunday...

32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Darnold won't be the better QB because he has an idiot for an HC and a bad team around him. 

Also, don't know why the cuckoo crew feels the need to prostrate themselves defending the surefire FQB Darnold...over the horrendous, very bad Allen

I don’t think Gase is an idiot, but I do think he’s killing Darnold. If you watch highlights from Darnolds rookie season to now he’s looks like a different player (a worse player). 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

I don’t think Gase is an idiot, but I do think he’s killing Darnold. If you watch highlights from Darnolds rookie season to now he’s looks like a different player (a worse player). 

Gase isn’t ruining anyone.

We have a team with one really good player (Adams) on the roster, and we should probably trade him for extra picks in the draft. That’s the hand Gase was dealt.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

We have a bad roster, and 62 million on IR.  The team needs a new Oline. I watched Dallas this evening, just flat out Bully Aaron Donald and the Rams front seven. Darnold would look fantastic given that time and weapons. It’s the number one thing that needs fixing. I look at the Steelers everything starts upfront.

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

Josh Allen is equivalent to the 2009-2010 version of Mark Sanchez
with better running skills.  BUF carries Allen with a good defense
and a good running game and he fits in a positive play every now
an then

Mark Sanchez back to back AFC Championship games 2009-2010 we haven't sniffed the playoffs since. 

Sign me up. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Welp said:

People here are convinced Josh Allen is a FQB but Darnold might be a bust. This is beyond comedy since Bills fans aren't even totally convinced of their own QB yet.

I don't anybody other than Chiefs and Ravens fans right now are totally behind the future FQB.

Jets/Darnold = No

Bills/Allan = No

Dolphins=Rosen = Bust

Browns/Mayfield = No

Texans/Watson = Probably a yes. I haven't heard much complaining but the knee injury is still a concern

Titans/Mariota = bust

Eagles/Wentz = No. But then again Eagles fans hate everybody

Cowboys/Prescott = No, Especially at that money

Bears/Trubitsky = No

Tampa/Winston = No 

Garappolo/49'ers = Ok you got me on this one. The only people I hear complaining about Jimmy G are Jets fans. LOL

Goff/Rams = No. Way too much up and down since last year's Super Bowl

1 hour ago, KRL said:

an then

Which is fine. With these young QB's it benefits them to have a running game and a defense.

Agreed, its been way too long without playoff appearances!!!  But looking back
I know I avoided Sanchez's "warts" because we were winning.  His bad decisions,
inaccuracy, interceptions and low completion % didn't matter because we going
to back to back AFC championships.  But those "warts" led to the team's and
his downfall

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Did Sanchez have games like that? Sure. So has any QB who’s team wins a tough defensive battle on the road against an excellent defensive team.

I give Allen credit. He’s going to the playoffs and he’s having a nice season. We all heard how talented, but raw he was. He’s worked, improved, and made that leap good ones do in their second year. The Bills took a chance on the kid and it’s really working out well.

Let’s see how Darnold does at home against the Steelers next Sunday...

This is really the point. Allen for all his faults is beating the teams he needs to beat.  If it makes people feel better by calling him Sanchez or saying he stinks while he’s on his way to the playoffs in his second year then that’s fine. This is a Jets board and it obviously makes sense they feel that way. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

an then

Is he know lets put it this way 

Mark Sanchez 

Braylon Edwards, Santoino Holmes, Dustin Keller, LaDainian Tomlinson, and the best offensive line in football those years.

Josh Allen 

John Brown ,Devin Singletary, Cole Beasley. Thats it for him on offense 

So Sanchez had better weapons so its tough to compare them. Plus Allen doesn't have a receiver on the field thats 6'0 or above more then half of the time 

9 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Is he know lets put it this way 

Mark Sanchez 

Braylon Edwards, Santoino Holmes, Dustin Keller, LaDainian Tomlinson, and the best offensive line in football those years.

Josh Allen 

John Brown ,Devin Singletary, Cole Beasley. Thats it for him on offense 

So Sanchez had better weapons so its tough to compare them. Plus Allen doesn't have a receiver on the field thats 6'0 or above more then half of the time 

That’s all true and well put but can’t deny Allen did have a couple of those head scratching laughing the ball 4 feet over a wide open receivers head throws yesterday. That in itself is Sanchez like. But yes, Sanchez came into a very  well built team with an offensive line that was loaded with couple first rounders and couple older vets that had some smart solid football left in them. 

When I’m all alone and the bottle is empty I can’t help but think what Sammy would have done in that same line up. 

Jesus...four pages on this topic?

Is Josh Allen better this year?  A bit.  Does that make him a star?  Not even CLOSE.

Is he better than Sam Darnold?  Talent-wise, no.

Is his team in the playoffs and Darnold is sitting?  Yes.  It takes 53 players to make the playoffs, and the Jets are about 5 starters and 10 quality depth guys from doing that. 

Does that satisfy both the haters and the kool-aid drinkers?  The Sanchez comparison is warranted.  Nothing wrong with that.  Take Sanchez and have him run better with a stronger arm, maybe they can win with that.  As long as Allen cuts down on the stupid INT's (something Sanchez could never figure out), then maybe they have enough to win. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When I’m all alone and the bottle is empty I can’t help but think what Sammy would have done in that same line up. 

There would be no hand wringing with Sam if he had that o-line. Just that. 

Brick-Faneca-Nick-Moore-Woody

sh*t man...Christian Hackenberg would've looked serviceable behind that line. We'd still be having Kellen Clemens-esque debates. All that being said, what the Jets did post 2010 should be documented in some form as the textbook example of how to ruin a QB. 

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus...four pages on this topic?

Is Josh Allen better this year?  A bit.  Does that make him a star?  Not even CLOSE.

Is he better than Sam Darnold?  Talent-wise, no.

Is his team in the playoffs and Darnold is sitting?  Yes.  It takes 53 players to make the playoffs, and the Jets are about 5 starters and 10 quality depth guys from doing that. 

Does that satisfy both the haters and the kool-aid drinkers?  The Sanchez comparison is warranted.  Nothing wrong with that.  Take Sanchez and have him run better with a stronger arm, maybe they can win with that.  As long as Allen cuts down on the stupid INT's (something Sanchez could never figure out), then maybe they have enough to win. 

But your only comparing one side give Allen the weapons and oline Sanchez had. Watching Allen in the ravens game and steelers game if he had one receiver 6'1 6'2 some of those bad throws would have been caught

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

sh*t man...Christian Hackenberg would've looked serviceable behind that line. We'd still be having Kellen Clemens-esque debates. All that being said, what the Jets did post 2010 should be documented in some form as the textbook example of how to ruin a QB. 

Yeah, pretty much how it turns out in my mind as well. 

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Forget Allen, look at Buffalo asa team. well coached, hungry and passionate, something we haven’t seen since God knows.   Allen doesn’t look like a SB QB but neither did Flacco.  I don’t care about the Bills but once REX was gone, they got better and they have a real coach, and now a real GM. We are not so fortunate .....

Bills:  2013: 6-10, 2014: 9-7, 2015: 8-8, 2016: 7-9, 2017: 9-7, 2018: 6-10, 2019: 10-4.

I get that Rex did worse than anticipated there, but McDermott made the playoffs with a negative point differential in 2017, and they flat out sucked in 2018.   These guys repeatedly though that Nathan Peterman deserved to start NFL games.  If they were here we would never hear the end of it, and that is coming from somebody that really likes what they are doing. 

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bills:  2013: 6-10, 2014: 9-7, 2015: 8-8, 2016: 7-9, 2017: 9-7, 2018: 6-10, 2019: 10-4.

I get that Rex did worse than anticipated there, but McDermott made the playoffs with a negative point differential in 2017, and they flat out sucked in 2018.   These guys repeatedly though that Nathan Peterman deserved to start NFL games.  If they were here we would never hear the end of it, and that is coming from somebody that really likes what they are doing. 

Very fair point, but now that they have average QB play the rest of the team looks solid. Their D has always been good but their QB play and supporting cast has been bad.  But good post..... Thanks.

29 minutes ago, freestater said:

You were doing great till that line. Now you're just plumb crazy.  ;-)