We Could Be Cleveland

peekskill68

really is getting hard to watch all these babies

last nite buf/pit dueling group poses in the ez after turnovers

tweets during practice

begging for trades

anyone else note 'man of the year' candidate pouncey

was last seen kicking myles garrett in the head?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, you watch the NFL and you see plays that are short of the stix multiple times every game usually by both teams...

Yes, they're usually running plays. 

If you need 3 yards and you see that your team most definitely need this conversion, it doesnt hurt to make sure to run a play that even if the tackle is made where the receiver caught it, it's a conversion. 

Players dont yell at coaches on the sidelines like this for an isolated unsuccessful conversion. They usually do things like this when that coach calls a 2 yard pass play when you need 3 yards with the game on the line, or run a draw running play on 4th and 9 when the game in on the line. 

I watch these particular games, so I understand the context specifically...which has nothing to do with this general NFL statement. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, they're usually running plays. 

If you need 3 yards and you see that your team most definitely need this conversion, it doesnt hurt to make sure to run a play that even if the tackle is made where the receiver caught it, it's a conversion. 

Players dont yell at coaches on the sidelines like this for an isolated unsuccessful conversion. They usually do things like this when that coach calls a 2 yard pass play when you need 3 yards with the game on the line, or run a draw running play on 4th and 9 when the game in on the line. 

I watch these particular games, so I understand the context specifically...which has nothing to do with this general NFL statement. 

happens alot, man. IDGAF about the browns or baker or THAT particular play. It happens alot. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

happens alot, man. IDGAF about the browns or baker or THAT particular play. It happens alot. 

And alot of teams convert, but when you're having a season when you're not converting those type of plays, then stop calling them and go beyond the sticks. 

you dont have to GAF about the Browns. The fact that you're having the convo is enough to understand what is being said. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

it seems like the prima donna mystique infects the wide receivers at a much higher level than other player positions.  it doesn't help the bad wr's seem to be from lsu.

To think of what Wr's had to deal with in the past, taking their lives in their hands. Now they want to wear watches, and think they are Jerry Rice cause they made a catch with a big glove on.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Depressing?  A team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender has 1 more victory than a team who was predicted to win 6 games that has been ravished by injuries including not having their starting QB for 3 games.  Far from depressing, one could argue it's encouraging. 

For me personally, it's therapeutic.  I love watching karma works it magic on the most deserving of turds.  It's like the force is getting a win in a league run by the dark side.  It makes me believe that the good can still prevail over evil in this in this crazy world of corruption. 

This is a weird thing to be depressed about, have you been playing golf? 

It is amazing how much they suck balls, look so good on paper.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dont blame any of them, could you imagine coming into work everyday and having to sit in the same room and collaborate with Bakery Mayflower? He's the most off putting dbag on the planet who happens to absolutely suck at his job yet acts like he's the reason there is even an NFL for you to play in.

Nobody wants to play with that dude.  Especially if it means you have to live in Cleveland for half the year. 

the rock clapping GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Depressing?  A team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender has 1 more victory than a team who was predicted to win 6 games that has been ravished by injuries including not having their starting QB for 3 games.  Far from depressing, one could argue it's encouraging. 

For me personally, it's therapeutic.  I love watching karma works it magic on the most deserving of turds.  It's like the force is getting a win in a league run by the dark side.  It makes me believe that the good can still prevail over evil in this in this crazy world of corruption. 

This is a weird thing to be depressed about, have you been playing golf? 

No I’ve been up on Long Island visiting family since Thanksgiving. The weather has been miserable the whole time.

I can’t wait to get back to Myrtle Beach after Christmas. I’m dying to play.

How about you? Have you played again since the Slammer & the Squire round with your wedding party?

12 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

It is amazing how much they suck balls, look so good on paper.

Football is weird like that. Teams that look good on paper aren’t always that great. It isn’t basketball, the stars have to fit in with the team, not make it about them.

If I was Dorsey the first things I’d do would be get rid of the two Diva WRs, get to work on the OL, and really think hard about whether Kitchens should be back.

I don’t think the Browns are that far away from being really good, Dorsey tried some bold moves that didn’t work. He has to be willing to admit that, and retool.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Football is weird like that. Teams that look good on paper aren’t always that great. It isn’t basketball, the stars have to fit in with the team, not make it about them.

If I was Dorsey the first things I’d do would be get rid of the two Diva WRs, get some OL, and really think hard about whether Kitchens should be back.

I thought for sure Baker, Landry and OJOB, were gonna really gonna tear it up, really did. 

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

I thought for sure Baker, Landry and OJOB, were gonna really gonna tear it up, really did. 

I did too. I thought Landry and OBJ would be so happy to be on the same team, they’d light it up, and not care about anything but winning. 

These diva type WRs are so hard to handle though, I just don’t think they’re worth the trouble.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jago said:

really is getting hard to watch all these babies

last nite buf/pit dueling group poses in the ez after turnovers

tweets during practice

begging for trades

anyone else note 'man of the year' candidate pouncey

was last seen kicking myles garrett in the head?

I agree.   It seems like a lot of pro sports is filling up with narcissist type personalities.

Every time someone does something, they scream "Look at me".   As soon as things go sour, "Come get me".  

A rookie is drafted, but the other players willingly signed a contract.   How about, you signed the contract, do what you are paid to do.

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No I’ve been up on Long Island visiting family since Thanksgiving. The weather has been miserable the whole time.

I can’t wait to get back to Myrtle Beach after Christmas. I’m dying to play.

How about you? Have you played again since the Slammer & the Squire round with your wedding party?

Not as much as I'd like (duh) but I've been practicing a lot lately.  My game is stuck in neutral (13) so I've been working at my short game and putting.  I also made a tweak to my swing that is giving me a lot more ball striking consistency.  Tried to put it all to use on Sunday and it paid off.  Had probably the best round of my life and best chance to crack 80 ever, was hitting the ball so well but I ended up giving up 6 strokes on the last 4 holes to finish with an 82 with the highlight of my collapse a 4 jack on 16 when I was on for bird.