Jump to content

We Could Be Cleveland


peekskill68

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which makes him slightly better than Kitchens. 

Gase is still sh*t terrible in everything else that's important though. So hopefully he's gone on black monday. 

Gase should be up for coach of the year the way he's gotten this kickerless team of practice squad players to perform as well as they have.  If he doesn't get one, I'm going to hire that plane to circle Florham Park demanding a two-year extension.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember the abundance of rowdy circle jerks sponsored by the ilk last year.

Countless I wish we had Dorsey posts... Baker is great.. theyre loaded.. blah blah f***ing blah.

I warned them the crash would be hard and swift but they couldn't stop whacking their peckers to those awesome Brownies.

Well.. how did that work out for ya?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Baker didn’t make everything about himself and then proceed to suck at his job, his teammates might not all be trying to get away from him. Duke, OBJ, Landry. Hell, Myles went on a helmet slamming rampage to get suspended indefinitely just so he wouldn’t have to go back out on the field on short rest after another of Baker’s TOs.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Weren’t you head over heels for both OBJ and Kitchens like less than 3 months ago?

When exactly does Mayfield’s sh*tastic play despite an upper tier supporting cast become a cause for concern for you?

Head over heels?

No.

Did I like the trade? 

Yes. 

Do I think the trade was bad today?

No.

Do I think the personnel is being handicapped by coaching? 

Yes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Head over heels?

No.

Did I like the trade? 

Yes. 

Do I think the trade was bad today?

No.

Do I think the personnel is being handicapped by coaching? 

Yes.

 

 

How was it not a bad trade?

They gave up a 1st, 3rd and a starting safety for a wideout who has produced far below his average production in years past despite being paired with your personal favorite QB and was already asking to be traded as far back as two months ago.

This Browns teams wasn’t just supposed to be a playoff contender, but a Super Bowl contender with the likes of Baker, Odell, Landry, Chubb, etc and one of the best defenses on paper in the league.

People can blame Kitchens until the cows come home, and he sure as hell deserves a large portion of the blame, but this team has been a clusterf*ck of ineptitude from the get-go.

Mayfield has been garbage despite being surrounded by two pro-bowl quality receivers, a Top 5 RB and another RB who was considered Top 5 at his position until he kicked some chick in a hotel room a year ago. And say what you want about the Browns OL, but Joel Bitonio alone is 5x better than any player the Jets have along their offensive line.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How was it not a bad trade?

They gave up a 1st, 3rd and a starting safety for a wideout who has produced far below his average production in years past despite being paired with your personal favorite QB and was already asking to be traded as far back as two months ago.

This Browns teams wasn’t just supposed to be a playoff contender, but a Super Bowl contender with the likes of Baker, Odell, Landry, Chubb, etc and one of the best defenses on paper in the league.

People can blame Kitchens until the cows come home, and he sure as hell deserves a large portion of the blame, but this team has been a clusterf*ck of ineptitude from the get-go.

Mayfield has been garbage despite being surrounded by two pro-bowl quality receivers, a Top 5 RB and another RB who was considered Top 5 at his position until he kicked some chick in a hotel room a year ago. And say what you want about the Browns OL, but Joel Bitonio alone is 5x better than any player the Jets have along their offensive line.

This isnt going to make Sam Darnold better. 

I see right through this. 

Ill dismiss this and move on. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Dont blame any of them, could you imagine coming into work everyday and having to sit in the same room and collaborate with Bakery Mayflower? He's the most off putting dbag on the planet who happens to absolutely suck at his job yet acts like he's the reason there is even an NFL for you to play in.

Nobody wants to play with that dude.  Especially if it means you have to live in Cleveland for half the year. 

 

what makes you think this is about Baker Mayfield and not that ridiculous coaching staff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase should be up for coach of the year the way he's gotten this kickerless team of practice squad players to perform as well as they have.  If he doesn't get one, I'm going to hire that plane to circle Florham Park demanding a two-year extension.

SAR I

This is proof 1 that you sir, are full of shlt. And I like you. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Not as much as I'd like (duh) but I've been practicing a lot lately.  My game is stuck in neutral (13) so I've been working at my short game and putting.  I also made a tweak to my swing that is giving me a lot more ball striking consistency.  Tried to put it all to use on Sunday and it paid off.  Had probably the best round of my life and best chance to crack 80 ever, was hitting the ball so well but I ended up giving up 6 strokes on the last 4 holes to finish with an 82 with the highlight of my collapse a 4 jack on 16 when I was on for bird.  

I was struggling with a swing change before I came up north. I’m around a 13 also, but really want to get to single digits.

I hope I’m doing the right thing making the change. I’m really going to have to do some work when I get back down. I’ll @ you in the golf thread and let you know how that works out...

Smart move working on your short game. You can bang it out there pretty good, so just get good around the greens and you’ll wake up feeling dangerous. ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

"Come get me"...  The Cardinals are 4-9-1... ?

Untitled1.jpg

Im not sure how anyone didnt see this coming..freddie kitchens was not the person responsible for all the success, it was our very own g Williams...who we decided to not let be HC because he is a winner...we went with gase because he is a loser.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week 16 - December 16th, 2019

Dear Diary,

This week we face the Pittsburgh Steelers at home and if we win we have a good chance at 

If we win our next two games we've got a real shot at

If we win out, the Bills, Steelers, Titans and Colts lose out, mathematically we

The season didn't go quite as planned but at least we know we have a franchise

So it wasn't the best season but we finally have an offensive guru 

F it, at least we're not the Browns.

- Jets fans

  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Not as much as I'd like (duh) but I've been practicing a lot lately.  My game is stuck in neutral (13) so I've been working at my short game and putting.  I also made a tweak to my swing that is giving me a lot more ball striking consistency.  Tried to put it all to use on Sunday and it paid off.  Had probably the best round of my life and best chance to crack 80 ever, was hitting the ball so well but I ended up giving up 6 strokes on the last 4 holes to finish with an 82 with the highlight of my collapse a 4 jack on 16 when I was on for bird.  

We MUST all meet at MB, seems like neutral territory. Stay the weekend, bring the wives. me, you, and @14 in Green.  I do a lot of tax work so any weekend after April 10 would be awesome.  Wear our Jets jerseys on the course and get thrown out. ?

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Football is weird like that. Teams that look good on paper aren’t always that great. It isn’t basketball, the stars have to fit in with the team, not make it about them.

If I was Dorsey the first things I’d do would be get rid of the two Diva WRs, get to work on the OL, and really think hard about whether Kitchens should be back.

I don’t think the Browns are that far away from being really good, Dorsey tried some bold moves that didn’t work. He has to be willing to admit that, and retool.

Kitchens should be one and done.  Would not be surprised if they talk to GW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We MUST all meet at MB, seems like neutral territory. Stay the weekend, bring the wives. me, you, and @14 in Green.  I do a lot of tax work so any weekend after April 10 would be awesome.  Wear our Jets jerseys on the course and get thrown out. ?

Sounds good, I’d even go further south to let’s say Hilton Head or something, to make it easier on jif, but there’s no way I’m getting married again just to make it a party of six, lol.

Lets make it a buddy thing...by then he’s going to be over the honeymoon phase...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

I agree.   It seems like a lot of pro sports is filling up with narcissist type personalities.

Every time someone does something, they scream "Look at me".   As soon as things go sour, "Come get me".  

A rookie is drafted, but the other players willingly signed a contract.   How about, you signed the contract, do what you are paid to do.

This extends to the "sports" shows like NFL network gameday is a joke - they are basically paying people to talk shiite - impossible to listen too

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sounds good, I’d even go further south to let’s say Hilton Head or something, to make it easier on jif, but there’s no way I’m getting married again just to make it a party of six, lol.

Lets make it a buddy thing...by then he’s going to be over the honeymoon phase...?

I’m good with that!!!!  

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im not sure how anyone didnt see this coming..freddie kitchens was not the person responsible for all the success, it was our very own g Williams...who we decided to not let be HC because he is a winner...we went with gase because he is a loser.

I'm not endorsing Gase but he does look a bit better in that whole "everyone wants to leave Miami" meme since Landry was central to that one as well.  Maybe Landry is just a giant D bag...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im not sure how anyone didnt see this coming..freddie kitchens was not the person responsible for all the success, it was our very own g Williams...who we decided to not let be HC because he is a winner...we went with gase because he is a loser.

Gregg Williams is 22-34 as a head coach 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...