We Could Be Cleveland

peekskill68

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah that was a real missed opportunity for them. Darnold’s been tearing it up since he got here, huh?

He's at least not a douche.  College kids love Baker.  Real men will get tired of him and they have.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah that was a real missed opportunity for them. Darnold’s been tearing it up since he got here, huh?

Put Mayfield on the Jets and their market and someone would have already punched him in his punk mouth. LOL. 

Dude cant handle the pressure of the Cleveland press? LOL. Cant succeed with a stacked offense? LOL.

Please, man... that kid is a bitch.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Put Mayfield on the Jets and their market and someone would have already punched him in his punk mouth. LOL. 

Dude cant handle the pressure of the Cleveland press? LOL. Cant succeed with a stacked offense? LOL.

Jets fans would defend Baker Mayfield to the death if he was wearing the jersey. Good lord. Look what they do for the halfwit safety, or for Rex. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans would defend Baker Mayfield to the death if he was wearing the jersey. Good lord. Look what they do for the halfwit safety, or for Rex. 

I know I wouldn't. I would stopped be a Jets fan if they picked Baker.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I understand why so many of you guys hate him but If he played well here he’d be a folk hero in NY.

You’ve got to admit he’s a big personality. This town loves a player like that, especially a QB.

On the other hand, when you have that big personality, you better play well, or it can turn around every quickly.

21 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Yup.  I hate that prick and always will.

When you say you would’ve stopped rooting for the Jets if they had drafted Mayfield, you lose me. That kind of thinking is something I can never understand.

I’ve been following sports for over 50 years, and I can honestly say I’ve never hated any player. Don’t get me wrong, there were “teams” I hated, and still hate, but not a player. Their were guys I never rooted for, like say Jack Tatum, Bryce Harper or Billy Smith. I never wanted to see them win, but I never hated them and deep down I respected how good they were.

Maybe it’s because as I got older I rooted more for my team’s laundry more then it’s players, but I can’t imagine any player making me stop rooting for the Mets, Jets, Rangers or Knicks.

54 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

They would have been happier with Darnold.

Haslam is a moron.  I actually thought last year he got it together, but he did not.  He basically is a guy whose father (not him) founded a truck stop company.  

He sat with Darnold’s parents at USC’s Pro Day, which is not something he had to do.  Then he went off and drafted Mayfield when everyone thought he would draft Darnold. In his defense there is a video of excited Dorsey and Hue after they drafted Mayfield.

But the biggest problem both Darnold and Mayfield have is the teams that they play for.  Unfortunately in the NFL, getting picked by a bad team can screw your entire career.  That is why they get paid well as rookies.  

If Baker were on the Jets he would be beloved like Namath. He's basically the modern day version of Joe Namath with an added teaspoon of douche nozzle. On the flip side if Darnold were on the Browns we'd be pointing and laughing at them, and making fun of Darnold missing games because of mono. We probably would read/hear a lot of Jets fans saying they're glad we didn't draft another bust USC quarterback. It doesn't matter who the Jets would have drafted, there will always be ride-or-die stans. Always! It's called being loyal to a fault. It's not the worst trait to have....got to have balance in Jetnation. lol

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Week 16 - December 16th, 2019

Dear Diary,

This week we face the Pittsburgh Steelers at home and if we win we have a good chance at 

If we win our next two games we've got a real shot at

If we win out, the Bills, Steelers, Titans and Colts lose out, mathematically we

The season didn't go quite as planned but at least we know we have a franchise

So it wasn't the best season but we finally have an offensive guru 

F it, at least we're not the Browns.

- Jets fans

truth, but we are doing our best Browns impersonations 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s kind of depressing that as bad as Cleveland is, they’re still better then us isn’t it?

Not really. The fact the we are one game behind them after the season we've had, Mono, Injury after injury after injury is not saying much for Cleveland.  Losing sucks no matter how you slice it, and we have more losses, but remember how Dorcey was being touted this past offseason? Like a genius who just built the next super bowl champions over night?  

There were literally people labeling the Browns as the assumed division champs and potentially unstoppable on offense. 

The Jets had some wind under their sails as well but no one outside of @SAR I was calling for us to win the division and dominate the AFC. 

It's far worse in Cleveland right now I'd say. 

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

that's a pretty bad rebuttal.

i'd strongly argue that your QB has vastly under-performed relative to Sam given the supporting cast your QB has.  

It wasnt a rebuttal, it was an acknowledgement for what he was trying to do. 

It's clear that Mayfield has regressed this season. He hasnt been good at all this year. 

Mayfield read his own press clippings in the offseason and it looks on Sundays as if he doesnt put in the work during the week. This was a flag even before Cleveland. Add on the eccentric attitude coupled with egomaniacs at WR and a coach who cant handle any of it.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mayfield in New York with the jets would have been Tommy Wiseau/Neil Breen epic disaster bad

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not really. The fact the we are one game behind them after the season we've had, Mono, Injury after injury after injury is not saying much for Cleveland.  Losing sucks no matter how you slice it, and we have more losses, but remember how Dorcey was being touted this past offseason? Like a genius who just built the next super bowl champions over night?  

There were literally people labeling the Browns as the assumed division champs and potentially unstoppable on offense. 

The Jets had some wind under their sails as well but no one outside of @SAR I was calling for us to win the division and dominate the AFC. 

It's far worse in Cleveland right now I'd say. 

Yeah, I agree with what you’re saying here, but...

The I agree part... their management and fans have to be more disappointed then us, they definitely had higher expectations then we did, rightly or wrongly.

The but part.... although your points are valid, that doesn’t change what I said in my post, which was it’s depressing that they’re better then us.

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It wasnt a rebuttal, it was an acknowledgement for what he was trying to do. 

It's clear that Mayfield has regressed this season. He hasnt been good at all this year. 

ah okay re rebuttal.

do you still believe that Mayfield will turn out better than your last QB you liked - or will he bounce around teams after his intial contract like Glennon?

On 12/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, JiF said:

Depressing?  A team that was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender has 1 more victory than a team who was predicted to win 6 games that has been ravished by injuries including not having their starting QB for 3 games.  Far from depressing, one could argue it's encouraging. 

For me personally, it's therapeutic.  I love watching karma works it magic on the most deserving of turds.  It's like the force is getting a win in a league run by the dark side.  It makes me believe that the good can still prevail over evil in this in this crazy world of corruption. 

This is a weird thing to be depressed about, have you been playing golf? 

I agree with you but when is karma gonna finally get the Patsies?

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If Baker were on the Jets he would be beloved like Namath. He's basically the modern day version of Joe Namath with an added teaspoon of douche nozzle. On the flip side if Darnold were on the Browns we'd be pointing and laughing at them, and making fun of Darnold missing games because of mono. We probably would read/hear a lot of Jets fans saying they're glad we didn't draft another bust USC quarterback. It doesn't matter who the Jets would have drafted, there will always be ride-or-die stans. Always! It's called being loyal to a fault. It's not the worst trait to have....got to have balance in Jetnation. lol

Best post in the thread.