3. Peyton

4. Russell Wilson

5. Rodgers 

6. Rivers 

7. Eli

8. Matt Ryan 

9. Matt Stafford

10. Null

1. Brady (stop the nonsense, he’s the GOAT)

2. Rothlisberger 

3. Brees 

4. Peyton

5. Rodgers

6. Wilson

7. Eli

8. Rivers

9. Stafford 

10. Ryan

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 9

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best legitimate QBs of the current era:

1. Roethlisberger 

2. Brees

3. Peyton

4. Russell Wilson

5. Rodgers 

6. Rivers 

7. Eli

8. Matt Ryan 

9. Matt Stafford

10. Null

I’m guessing you don’t consider Darnold as current era QB. He’s clearly above #1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best legitimate QBs of the current era:

1. Roethlisberger 

2. Brees

3. Peyton

4. Russell Wilson

5. Rodgers 

6. Rivers 

7. Eli

8. Matt Ryan 

9. Matt Stafford

10. Nul

As much as I hate Eli, he's ahead if Rivers for me because Rivers always found a way to lose big games.

I also put Rodgers above Wilson. Wilson is a notch below but has looked better at times thanks to a better supporting cast both on the field and on the coaching staff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As much as I hate Eli, he's ahead if Rivers for me because Rivers always found a way to lose big games.

I also put Rodgers above Wilson. Wilson is a notch below but has looked better at times thanks to a better supporting cast both on the field and on the coaching staff. 

Ehhhh I think Russell has had better defenses, but he’s played with a ton of JAGs on offense his whole career, other than Marshawn Lynch.

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sorry, Brady* is in the same room as Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong,  Mark Maguire, Sammy Sosa, and the Quiz Show guy from the 50s. 

Cheating ****s who get zero respect or credibility. 

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Just win baby. They’re playing professionally. This isn’t Pop Warner.

Sorry, man. Agree to disagree.

I’d be very happy if we had all those rings and Patriot fans were calling us cheaters.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sorry, Brady* is in the same room as Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong,  Mark Maguire, Sammy Sosa, and the Quiz Show guy from the 50s. 

People forget how hard MLB media and ESPN, etc worked to cover for Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and those guys. It wasn’t until the fans turned on them that the Peter Gammons of the world came to realize that the integrity of the game was something people cared about, and that’s the only reason Bonds, et al, are outcast to this day. You see the same dynamic with the Patriots now: the mainstream NFL journalists are hand-waving the repeated instances of cheating because they don’t believe the fans think it’s a big deal. 

• Upvote 2

Great take, I agree 100%. Hopefully the cheaters in the NFL are held accountable in history as the steroid cheaters in baseball are. Brady and Bellicheat should be right up there. After the many instances where they were caught, imagine all that they got away with, it is disgusting. Of course we have the troll on here saying he would hope that the Jets would cheat to win, unbelievable, a real stand up guy.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

My all time qb list is

1-2 tie between Montana/Brady (don't care, take your pick.  Brady probably for stats and longevity, Montana for magic), Rogers, Unitas, Peyton.  Marino/Elway/Graham/Staubach/Brees round it out.  Young would be like 11 or 12 with Favre.  I rate Young and Rogers really a bit higher than most analysts, b/c I think at their peak they were more unstoppable then all but the truly elite.

In this era..

Brady, Rogers, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers, Eli, Ryan and maybe Mahomes already?  I kinda want to put Mahomes above Flacco, Luck and Cam even though its really a short timeframe.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't lump Pete Rose in with those other cheaters. Pete Rose was one of the best baseball players ever....his only transgression was betting on his own team to win when he was the coach. Talk about apples and oranges. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Peyton Manning’s 2004 offence in today’s NFL would get a TD on every drive.

He’s the best QB I’ve ever seen at his peak but his tendency to drop off in the playoffs hurts him. He was also for sure abusing HGH during that record season in Denver. 

Brady is pretty impossible to judge. We’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg regarding the Patriots’ cheating. Only know what they’ve been caught doing.

• Sympathy 1