Jump to content
Dunnie

A Question for fans of 30yrs or more ...

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Going into his 6th year as an NFL Head Coach.

Can't be evaluated yet. :-k

Tell me, can we evaluate Gase by his 10th year, or the 11th year is free?

I get it, in 2035 we will be able to finally evaluate Darnold and Gase.  I look forward to that day, presuming I live that long.

Fair enough what was your opinion of BB after having 1 winning season in 6 years and his 6th was going 5-11 in his first year with the Pats?? Or what if we had kept him as HC and not brought in the Tuna and demoted him to DC. Maybe what happened in NE may have happened in NY??

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

 

 

Are you as apathetic as I am right now ? I was the most ardent of fans until this year.

 

Darnold looks good but not great ... Ala pre noodle arm Pennington or early OBrien. In terms of talent ... Not style.

 

Zero wide receivers

Bell looks like Discount Bell.

 

Defense looks very good ... But mostly due to a great DC that will most likely move on after this season.

 

HC ... Looks like an OC over his head.

 

Help me out here. ... Seriously bummed.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have not watched 10 minutes of this dreck this season. Ok I watched the Dallas game because I was in France and bored, I was lured in by their performance that day, but the following week, turned off the TV at 7-0 NE and haven't looked back since. I mean for what? To get my intestines ripped out?

Since 2010 I have:

Not gone anywhere near the hideous gray mausoleum in the swamp that has an indoor ski slope in the vicinity lmfao

Not really watched the NY Jets much

Not bought 1 single piece of Jets anything, not a shirt, not a jersey, nothing

Watched the team from a distance, mostly here and highlights

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm only two years behind you...

That is sadi remember really looking forward to and investing emotional energy into every weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

No problem... Just put on "THE THING" or "ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" DVD when the Jets are getting waxed :-) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Darnold is great but yeah a gameplan would help

Crowder is so real deal he drops passes at the most inopportune time and has never lived up to potential

Bell is the best player we have probably wise to keep him on the squad. Maybe give him the ball more chief

G Williams should be Let the HC

Um...no. you can judge anyone on the job they are doing. Everything with Gase is worse than before. WORSE than bowles...you fire that person 10 out of 10 times. Hes literally worse than bowles

Who gives a **** about the Patriots. I don't give a God dn piece of sh*t about them. Wtf who cares about them? I want to beat them and wins fing Superbowl. You want to point your finger and wallow in thier fines...Jesus Christ.

 

Darnold has very little football experience compared to guys coming into the league at his age. He is finding his voice within the team and you can see it.

Crowder has done everything we could have hoped for a slot receiver. He is our leading receiver, as a SLOT guy. He is going to break his personal season best in receptions, TDs, and maybe yards and is absolute middle of the pack with drops. Not sure how that's not living up to expectations? 

This is Bells worst season of his career by light years, has zero burst anymore, and just runs into the back of linemen all day. Everytime we get him involved into the O he does nothing. Jamal is our best player anyways. 

Gregg Williams time as a HC has came and gone. It didnt end well. Went 17-31 in 3 seasons and only won 3 his first year. Gase will probably double that. 

Gase has the locker room under control far more than Bowles could have ever dreamed of. The guys are still showing up on the field in meaningless games which never happened under Bowles. He also has more wins his first year than Bowles did last year, after inheriting the roster he was left by Bowles and MacNuts. 

Everyone here cares about the Pats. We have every right to want to point our fingers and wallow in their fines. A logical argument can be made that if they dont cheat, our very own team would have been significantly better the last 15 years. So yea, a lot of us here are going to take pleasure in that. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Going into his 5th year as an NFL Head Coach in 2020.

Can't be evaluated yet. :-k

Tell me, can we evaluate Gase by his 10th year, or the 11th year is free?

I get it, in 2035 we will be able to finally evaluate Darnold and Gase.  I look forward to that day, presuming I live that long.

Talk about being dramatic. 

He is going into the end of his first year with us, with what we can all easily agree is a bottom 5 NFL roster given to him by a GM nobody alive outside of C Johnson believed in.

Yes, I dont want to wait long to evaluate the man 15 years later, but I can at least give him a single NFL offseason with a GM that he has a working relationship with. I would bet you a solid 100 dollar bill that if Gase ran our draft, we would have hit on more picks than Mac did, and MAYBE even got another win or two because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Talk about being dramatic. 

He is going into the end of his first year with us, with what we can all easily agree is a bottom 5 NFL roster given to him by a GM nobody alive outside of C Johnson believed in.

Yes, I dont want to wait long to evaluate the man 15 years later, but I can at least give him a single NFL offseason with a GM that he has a working relationship with. I would bet you a solid 100 dollar bill that if Gase ran our draft, we would have hit on more picks than Mac did, and MAYBE even got another win or two because of it. 

No mate, I get it, maybe in a few more years (say 2023) we can start to think about pondering about the potential of evaluating Gase.....presuming we have a legit NFL roster by then. 

If not, maybe it'll be 2024. 

We're the Jets after all, like the Soviets, we do all our work in glorious Pre-Failed Five-Year Plans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No mate, I get it, maybe in a few more years (say 2023) we can start to think about pondering about the potential of evaluating Gase.....presuming we have a legit NFL roster by then. 

If not, maybe it'll be 2024. 

We're the Jets after all, like the Soviets, we do all our work in glorious Pre-Failed Five-Year Plans.

Guess you missed the part where I said give him 1 year with a competent GM. But ok. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

My lack of interest has more to do with the NFL being the biggest piece of trash in all of major sports than it does with the Jets sucking.  The Jets sucking is completely out of my control so I dont get upset about it.  The sad part is, I was once all about the NFL. It was by far and away the king of all sports.  Now?  It's trash.  The product, the play, the officiating, the cheating, the scandals, the miserable personalities, the week to week reactionary nonsense.  It's trash.  I have more apathy toward the league than I do the Jets.

Exactly this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re coming off of two of the worst GM runs in the history of football. The team needed a full on reset, which unfortunately will never happen with the Johnson’s. 
 

Douglas is going to have to be awesome (don’t get those early vibes) and Darnold is going to have to be a top 3 guy (unlikely) to compensate for poor ownership. Unless Woody has a come to Jesus and throws big bucks at an e.g. Ozzie things will remain the same. Even with Brady seemingly fading, Belichick probably isn’t going anywhere and Buffalo is way ahead of the Jets to unseat them anyways. Beane is the real deal at GM.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching preseason games in ‘67 on WOR-TV. Watch EVERY game I can start to finish. 
 

it’s the JETS, there is no substitute...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fan since the early 80s - IDK WTF to think of this team.  Sam probably has the most in terms of raw talent I've seen w/ this team, but also has one of the worst teams around him.  O'Brien had a mediocore OL, but had weapons (Walker, Toon, Shuler, McNeil, Hector).  Vinny had the best of both, but it was too brief.  Chad and Mark both jumped on the field with talented teams.  I do believe JD will ATTEMPT to fix the OL & skill positions this offseason.  In the end, we are going to be at the mercy of Coach Gase.  Next year, he has to be on a short leash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Exactly this.

+1 JiF summed it up pretty well.. I miss the way the NFL played in the 50's,60's and most of the 70's. It wasn't the pansy type rules of today and the ref's stayed pretty much out of it. My first game I saw live was the Titan's in 1960 at the Polo grounds they beat the Bills 27-3 and Maynard had 4 catches for 116 yds.. I was 16..LOL

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

 

 

Are you as apathetic as I am right now ? I was the most ardent of fans until this year.

 

Darnold looks good but not great ... Ala pre noodle arm Pennington or early OBrien. In terms of talent ... Not style.

 

Zero wide receivers

Bell looks like Discount Bell.

 

Defense looks very good ... But mostly due to a great DC that will most likely move on after this season.

 

HC ... Looks like an OC over his head.

 

Help me out here. ... Seriously bummed.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

1. The jets have not even made a playoff in 9 years 

2. The owner doesn’t care


3. We are stuck with Adam Gase another 2 years



90 days til baseball season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

54 years and it has been worse.

It’s as bad as the early to mid 90’s right now

 

 

The jets haven’t won more than 5 games in a season in 5 years -  that is horrifying

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peebag said:

Watched SB III as a 7 year old kid, decided the Jets were my team.

So yes, I am a band wagoneer.

Always look forward to the season and getting my nuts kicked in by the Green and White.

You old man. 

I was 6 my father was a diehard NY Jets fan. 

Im a diehard for life so is my son. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re coming off of two of the worst GM runs in the history of football. The team needed a full on reset, which unfortunately will never happen with the Johnson’s. 
 

Douglas is going to have to be awesome (don’t get those early vibes) and Darnold is going to have to be a top 3 guy (unlikely) to compensate for poor ownership. Unless Woody has a come to Jesus and throws big bucks at an e.g. Ozzie things will remain the same. Even with Brady seemingly fading, Belichick probably isn’t going anywhere and Buffalo is way ahead of the Jets to unseat them anyways. Beane is the real deal at GM.

The only two reasons for optimism:

1. The pats are done after this season 

2. I got a feeling JD will have an ok draft, do the right thing and trade Jamal to get picks and next year CJ Mosely will hopefully actually play our defense looked really good the two quarters he was healthy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re coming off of two of the worst GM runs in the history of football. The team needed a full on reset, which unfortunately will never happen with the Johnson’s. 
 

Douglas is going to have to be awesome (don’t get those early vibes) and Darnold is going to have to be a top 3 guy (unlikely) to compensate for poor ownership. Unless Woody has a come to Jesus and throws big bucks at an e.g. Ozzie things will remain the same. Even with Brady seemingly fading, Belichick probably isn’t going anywhere and Buffalo is way ahead of the Jets to unseat them anyways. Beane is the real deal at GM.

Wait whut? 

On one hand you think Beane is the real deal after 3 years and 3 drafts, and only at year 3 finally seeing results. 

Then on the other hand, you don't even want to give Douglas a calendar year in his job when all he has had the chance to do was make some waiver claims? And absolutely fleece the Giants for draft picks? 

Ok? Why the double standard? 

At the time of their respective hires, Douglas was regarded much higher than Beane was. 

Give the man a chance to actually do his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Going into his 5th year as an NFL Head Coach in 2020.

Can't be evaluated yet. :-k

Tell me, can we evaluate Gase by his 10th year, or the 11th year is free?

I get it, in 2035 we will be able to finally evaluate Darnold and Gase.  I look forward to that day, presuming I live that long.

You just need to know the house rules when evaluating Jets players/coaches around here:

1. Everyone is presumed great when acquired

2. When he doesn’t perform well, point to an extreme outlier to “prove” he is still great. Rich Gannon and Bill Belichick are go-to’s.

3. When he has sustained poor performance, disregard rule #1 and proclaim you can’t evaluate him until after 3 years

4. After he is dumped after years of poor performance, shut down any comment about how bad he was with “stop beating a dead horse,” “he’s not on the team anymore let’s more on,” or (my favorite) “congratulations for stating the obvious.”

5. Go back to step #1 with his replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

 

 

Are you as apathetic as I am right now ? I was the most ardent of fans until this year.

 

Darnold looks good but not great ... Ala pre noodle arm Pennington or early OBrien. In terms of talent ... Not style.

 

Zero wide receivers

Bell looks like Discount Bell.

 

Defense looks very good ... But mostly due to a great DC that will most likely move on after this season.

 

HC ... Looks like an OC over his head.

 

Help me out here. ... Seriously bummed.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, I literally have gone from die hard, all-in to literally not giving a crap...and I feel great about it.

I am completely apathetic.  This is the only place I go for Jets content now, and I visit here much less than I used to.

Amazingly, letting Mac hire a coach who was an utter failure within our division, firing Mac after letting him spend $100+ million and draft a nose tackle at 3, watching the coach do what he's always done - lose by a lot, lose boring, alienate players and then have CJ say his job is safe...is what finally pushed me over the edge.  After all these years.

I simply can't put in any more emotion for complete fools.  Call me a snob but I expect more from the organizations I support.  Woody and CJ have literally never done anything of consequence in their lives.  I do not respect them.

I mean...everything has been an utter embarrassment - even the stupid uniforms.  The stadium.  The uniforms.  The team.

Screw em.  Show me something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have been a Jet fan since '68.  I was 7 years old when my dad took me to my first game at Shea.  November 1968.  Two months later we were Champs and I was hooked.  Thought it would always be that way.  I passed it on my son who became a fan in 98.  When Vinny and Parcells had us so close, but couldn't get over the hump.

I am not as passionate about the games as I used to be.  1 or 2 years in the last 9 when we have played meaningful games in December, its hard to care that much about winning or losing this time of year.  But when/if we start winning again, the passion will be back.

That said, even if they are bad, I enjoy watching my team play.  I get 16 weekends a year to watch my team -- hoepfully more than that again some day in the not too distant future.  My son and I do one weekend a year for a trip to see the Jets; he is married and on his own now, so those father-son weekends are special.  I get together with an old college buddy for another weekend a year.  Get together with freinds regularly during the season to watch the games if I am not travelling.  I have a blast every football season.

In my 50+ years of fandom, I have learned to enjoy the ride, if not the destination.  Although one of these years I am still hopeful that the ride brings us to the right place in the end.

 

I also became a Jets fan in 1968 (at 6 years old), when my family moved from Arizona to W. Mass.  The "local" TV station was in Albany, IIRC, and Mets and Jets games were on TV on weekends at some point. 

I became big fans of those teams and my heroes Joe Namath and Tom Seaver. I also was always a bit of a rebel and probably also did not want to root for the Red Sox.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Wait whut? 

On one hand you think Beane is the real deal after 3 years and 3 drafts, and only at year 3 finally seeing results. 

Then on the other hand, you don't even want to give Douglas a calendar year in his job when all he has had the chance to do was make some waiver claims? And absolutely fleece the Giants for draft picks? 

Ok? Why the double standard? 

At the time of their respective hires, Douglas was regarded much higher than Beane was. 

Give the man a chance to actually do his job. 

I'm fine giving Douglas a chance. Just gut feeling wise- the job seems above him a bit. This is a massive rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

I'm fine giving Douglas a chance. Just gut feeling wise- the job seems above him a bit. This is a massive rebuild.

Nothing against your gut, but this rebuild is no more massive than any other.  IMO, the only difference for any build/rebuild is if they have a QB. Everything else is just window dressing.  Talent acquisition, getting what the coach wants (or needs if they don't want what they should have), not ******* up contracts.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jgb said:

 

You just need to know the house rules when evaluating Jets players/coaches around here:

1. Everyone is presumed great when acquired

2. When he doesn’t perform well, point to an extreme outlier to “prove” he is still great (Rich Gannon and Bill Belichick are go-to’s)

3. When he has sustained poor performance, disregard rule #1 and proclaim you can’t evaluate him until after 3 years

4. After he is dumped after years of poor performance, shut down any comment about how bad he was with “stop beating a dead horse,” “he’s not on the team anymore let’s more on,” or (my favorite) “congratulations for stating the obvious.”

Im confused. Are you guys actively choosing to ignore the fact I said give him 1 year with a competent GM? 

Why does everything have to be so dramatic and to the extreme? Just because people dont want to fire Gase after his first season, doesn't mean we want to keep him for 5 more with no accountability. 

I am completely fine with giving the man 1 year, with a GM he trusts and has different priorities than Mac, and a healthier team.

I think any logical person would be ok with that. If there isnt a vast improvement, then dump him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Why does everything have to be so dramatic and to the extreme?

Good sir,

I am not the one who thinks posts not replying or referring to me are about me.

Respectfully,

jgb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good sir,

I am not the one who thinks posts not replying or referring to me are about me.

Respectfully,

jgb 

Says the man that initially replied to a post....that had nothing to do with himself...

Smooth. 

(And who the f cares about which conversation someone actually replies to or not, you're on an internet forum) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Says the man that initially replied to a post....that had nothing to do with himself...

Smooth. 

(And who the f cares about which conversation someone actually replies to or not, you're on an internet forum) 

Ah yes I added my opinion to someone else’s. Hopefully I don’t get banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just about 50 years o embracing the suck.I watch every play of every game...I have the NFL package since I moved away. However until something changes I will not attend a game or buy any Jet gear until there is s major change. I am protesting, but not walking away....too late in life now suffering is all know mainly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

+1 JiF summed it up pretty well.. I miss the way the NFL played in the 50's,60's and most of the 70's. It wasn't the pansy type rules of today and the ref's stayed pretty much out of it. My first game I saw live was the Titan's in 1960 at the Polo grounds they beat the Bills 27-3 and Maynard had 4 catches for 116 yds.. I was 16..LOL

Fan since '73. At least you got to see the ultimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ah yes I added my opinion to someone else’s. Hopefully I don’t get banned.

Display limited sarcasm and wit, get called out for it, then display limited sarcasm and wit again. 

Good tactic. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good sir,

I am not the one who thinks posts not replying or referring to me are about me.

Respectfully,

jgb 

Everything is about me!  Just ask my wife. Other than properly addressing me, this whole post is wrong!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 

the depressing thing is the main problem is ownership. 
 

look at the 1998 staff. Parcells, belicheat, Weiss, crennel mangini and groh. 
 

they all ran for the hills when woody showed up. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

 

 

Are you as apathetic as I am right now ? I was the most ardent of fans until this year.

 

Darnold looks good but not great ... Ala pre noodle arm Pennington or early OBrien. In terms of talent ... Not style.

 

Zero wide receivers

Bell looks like Discount Bell.

 

Defense looks very good ... But mostly due to a great DC that will most likely move on after this season.

 

HC ... Looks like an OC over his head.

 

Help me out here. ... Seriously bummed.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cant blame you. I'm an older Jets fan myself. Truthfully, Darnald has kept me interested. He gives us a chance. I also think you are underestimating Ken O'Brien and Chad Pennington. Both were very good players, and with the correct players around them, gave us a chance to get to the playoffs where anything can happen. Worst case scenario is that if Darnald is only as good as O'Brien and Pennington it would at least give us a chance for the next ten plus years (barring  injury)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...