If we keep Robbie that means Joe Douglas is

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We need a legit #1 WR.  Playing next to Robby is not enough, he needs to be a real #1 and do what real #1's do.

More than half this board laments every week that Darnold has no weapons.  Resigning Robby f'ing Anderlols to a big money long-term deal be our #1 WR is doubling down on stupidity.

I think the board suffers cos he , in his 2/3 WR role is still the best WR we have... not RA's fault...

I don't think he can support the #1 anywhere. I think he will seek to get paid what the decent WRs with comparable production in this league get...  as blah blah blah said what seems like a million years ago...  avg ~10-12 per

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Robby has been trash most of the season now some of that can be blamed on Sam missing a month but the guy just sucked until we hit the soft part of the schedule

I do think we need to resign Robby but we also a absolutely need to get one of these WRs in round 1

Problem is when people insist on comparing him to number 1 WRs, complain about him as if he were a 1.  Hes not and is going to have close to 1,000 yards with his QB out for 4 games.  Not too bad on its own, throw in what he brings as a deep ball threat and hes worth signing

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Problem is you and others insist on comparing him to number 1 WRs, complain about him as if he were a 1.  Hes not and is going to have close to 1,000 yards with his QB out for 4 games.  Not too bad on its own, throw in the deep ball threat and hes worth signing

Robby is not a #1 WR he’s been an ok #2

He’s gonna get paid on the open market as a #1 because literally no one else is available and it’s a WR league almost as much as it’s a QB league

• Upvote 1

Basically, an EDGE or WR on a second contract who is halfway decent is worth $10mm+

That is why you keep drafting them and only pay the really good ones.  

Look at what GB paid the Smiths, and what the Raiders paid Tyrell Williams.  It is not unreasonable that a Robby Anderson or Jordan Jenkins can set themselves up for life with contracts like that, even if they turn out overpaid.  

Teams who have drafted well and need to pay a missing piece will do that.  The Jets have not drafted well.  They need to fill a roster with players.   They probably need to use $30mm of cap space just to sign average bodies to fill the roster.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s gonna get paid on the open market as a #1 because literally no one else is available and it’s a WR league almost as much as it’s a QB league

Don't know what hes thought of around the league and what he'll command if he hits the market

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

Basically, an EDGE or WR on a second contract who is halfway decent is worth $10mm+

That is why you keep drafting them and only pay the really good ones.  

Look at what GB paid the Smiths, and what the Raiders paid Tyrell Williams.  It is not unreasonable that a Robby Anderson or Jordan Jenkins can set themselves up for life with contracts like that, even if they turn out overpaid.  

Teams who have drafted well and need to pay a missing piece will do that.  The Jets have not drafted well.  They need to fill a roster with players.   They probably need to use $30mm of cap space just to sign average bodies to fill the roster.  

Crazy thing is as bad as we have been Jordan Jenkins will also be a hot commodity on the open market he has back to back years with 7.0 sacks

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Robby has two less receptions than Tyreek Hill and is averaging more yds per catch. Think about that, considering Faulk was our QB for 3 games. And Darnold was under assault every down for another two or three games.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, genot said:

Robby has two less receptions than Tyreek Hill and is averaging more yds per catch. Think about that, considering Faulk was our QB for 3 games. And Darnold was under assault every down for another two or three games.

I like Anderson as much as the next guy, but man is that Tyreek Hill comparison is an attempt at some misleading BS.  Hill missed like 5 games with a broken collarbone.  Mahomes was out for two of the games he played.  Hill has 7 TDs to Anderson's 4 and Hill has more catches and 2 less yards on less targets.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It costs too much to resign?

Maybe.  We will see.  They will need another OLB or at least a 4/3DE.  I have liked Jenkins, but he has not seemed that much better than guys like Basham in this system to me.  His lack of speed may be a problem that Williams and Douglas want to remedy, or at least not pay to retain. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You don't pay unreliable players...you use thier flash of talent and skill to get a other teamm to give you some sort of compensation so you can find some one...realiable

Anderson is more reliable that any WR on the team not named Crowder. Want unreliable? See: Enunwa, Quincy. 

And Robby’s a free agent. I don’t know what his market is, but even if it’s in the $10M/year range, the best that might be good for would be a 2021 fourth round comp pick. Not really much at all in terms of compensation. 

• Upvote 2

For those that don't want to re-sign Robby at ~11-12mm/yr (probably closer or more than 12 than 11)... who do you want to be two outside WRs next year? I would assume one answer will be whoever you pick first in the draft - but what about the other side? If its the first two rounds - well than I'd ask you to look at Cleveland and see what having two great WRs and no offensive line gets you... 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like Anderson as much as the next guy, but man is that Tyreek Hill comparison is an attempt at some misleading BS.  Hill missed like 5 games with a broken collarbone.  Mahomes was out for two of the games he played.  Hill has 7 TDs to Anderson's 4 and Hill has more catches and 2 less yards on less targets.

Anderson didn't have a QB for 3 games. We saw what Luke Faulk was. Darnold didn't have a chance against the Pats, Eagles, and Jaguars. Im not comparing the two, just pointing out the realistic possibilities with an improved o-line, and stability at the QB position

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

In recent weeks it appears that the role for Vincent Smith has grown where he has become a valued target for Darnald. The YAC in Baltimore was all Smith. I know Robbie stretches the field. Anyone know how Smith's speed is in comparison to Anderson? Im sure Anderson is faster but is Smith comparable?  Wondering if the Jets are thinking of letting Anderson go, spending that money elsewhere and Vincent Smith steps into his role. 

26 minutes ago, genot said:

Anderson didn't have a QB for 3 games. We saw what Luke Faulk was. Darnold didn't have a chance against the Pats, Eagles, and Jaguars. Im not comparing the two, just pointing out the realistic possibilities with an improved o-line, and stability at the QB position

You're not comparing the two.  You're just comparing the two?  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're not comparing the two.  You're just comparing the two?  

I believe i was pretty clear. Let me put it another way. It isn't ridiculous to say that if Hill was with the Jet's and Anderson was a Chief, that those stats over the last three years would be reversed

1 hour ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

For those that don't want to re-sign Robby at ~11-12mm/yr (probably closer or more than 12 than 11)... who do you want to be two outside WRs next year? I would assume one answer will be whoever you pick first in the draft - but what about the other side? If its the first two rounds - well than I'd ask you to look at Cleveland and see what having two great WRs and no offensive line gets you... 

the nfls leading rusher?

Is Julian Edelman worth $10 million a year? 

Because Robby actually has a higher per game yardage average.  He has almost the same percentage in TD's scored per game (he scores one a touchdown roughly .316 every game while Edelman scores every .280).  The one area Edelman is WAY better is number of catches per game (4.5 to 3.3).  Funny thing is, Edelman has had a GOAT QB throwing to him his whole career, while Robby Anderson has had Sam Darnold, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Josh McCown, Trevor Siemien AND....wait for it....Luke Falk.

This is why NY Jets fans can't have nice things.  Anytime they have a modicum of talent, they want them gone so we can get a draft pick. 

27 minutes ago, genot said:

I believe i was pretty clear. Let me put it another way. It isn't ridiculous to say that if Hill was with the Jet's and Anderson was a Chief, that those stats over the last three years would be reversed

Yeah.  Pretty clear.  Pretty clearly ridiculous.  Tyreek Hill has way more wiggle than Robby.  You want to give Anderson credit for "3 games of Faulk [sic]"  but that Hill missed four games with a broken collarbone and went 12/216 yards from Matt Moore gets glossed right over.

Anderson is a nice player, but he is way more Kenny Stills than Tyreek Hill and that is not a particularly bad thing. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  Pretty clear.  Pretty clearly ridiculous.  Tyreek Hill has way more wiggle than Robby.  You want to give Anderson credit for "3 games of Faulk [sic]" ignore that Hill missed four games with a broken collarbone and went 12/216 yards from Matt Moore gets glossed right over.

Anderson is a nice player, but he is way more Kenny Stills than Tyreek Hill and that is not a particularly bad thing. 

It's pretty ridiculous your comparing Moore to Faulk. Moore can throw a football. Faulk can't. I'm not comparing their skill sets. Just what the production would be if the teams they played for were reversed. The reason i brought it up, was what Douglas would have to consider in signing him to an extension. What is Anderson capable of, with an improved line and a Darnold or a competent backup, for 16 games

1 hour ago, slats said:

Anderson is more reliable that any WR on the team not named Crowder. Want unreliable? See: Enunwa, Quincy. 

And Robby’s a free agent. I don’t know what his market is, but even if it’s in the $10M/year range, the best that might be good for would be a 2021 fourth round comp pick. Not really much at all in terms of compensation. 

@slats statement 1 is not correct about andersen, but is arguable, just like my position, but I will just agree with you, that he is more reliable than everyone else not named Crowder. I will just say he is more reliable even over crowder, that doesn't change the fact that is is not worth paying or keeping. Just because he's the shiniest turd doesn't mean we should keep him. You feel me?

We should get any value we can get for him now while other teams can write off his poor play to our teams obvious malfunction. If we can get a draft pick for an undrafted guys, amazing!

I agree with you on Enuwa - although I wonder how much is coaching there too and just injury. I feel like he caught the damn ball and never gave up, but that could be revisionist history,You are right not reliable. i liked him. But again he is a 3 or 4 WR in the league, not worth keeping. Much better to draft upside till we get a guys like the ravens did with Hollywood, they had their own robbie in torry smith - literally the same player. best thing they did was move on so they could get better. 

We as a team need to stop settling for poor play, if you take a shot and miss, shoot again don't just hold what you got because a player can every once and while make a play. We need consistent play. Better talent. 

Joe D knows this, I hope, and will move on from the scrubs on our roster.

Robbie is a FA and his market is going to much more than his value. Trade him if you can, if not let him take money somewhere else and wish him the best in all his future endeavors. We can not afford to keep putting crap on the field. We can all agree that we need a better line right? but you know beachum winters etc all can have a couple good plays every now and then, hell even a good game. No one here argues to sign them to another contact because you can draft or get a guys off the street that will play more consistent. That is what we need from every position.

I rather have consistent WR that can beat there man/get open more often to move the chains more because that will lead to more chances to score. This robbie ensnarement has done what exactly? got us 4 TDS or something? WTF is that worth? a whole bunch of losses. If we had a player that was getting open drive get extended, games are won.  We have DT on the team because he can get open sometimes, along with v smith berrious etc. All of them are garbage. How many drives depend on darnold making the most perfect pass just because no one is opne, all the time. Its common sense to get better players.

I cant be the only one to see this. I hope the Joe D sees this. In Philly they knew this line of thinking and followed it, that is why they have so much depth. Because if you are consistent, you might not be a superstar but you give your team the best chance to win and hell you could turn into one.

None of our WR would make other squads other than maybe Robbie because he would fill in that numebr WR4 role and give you say 4 TDs - that is great for WR4 but not for our team who needs WR 1 2 and 3. 

If Joe D signs him is has to be for peanuts and that boy is going to get paid by someone, hopefully not us. 

If you disagree with me your are wrong lol. 

• Upvote 1