If we keep Robbie that means Joe Douglas is

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Terrible thread.

If we keep Robby and we have no idea what he signed for, let's make a blanket statement about it being a bad deal. Garbage.

et tu @Maxman lol. No way signing robbie is garbage! He is WR4 we need WR 1 2 and 3 first...sorry maxman but if Joe D signs this kid is another mistake in a long line of mistakes by this team.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, genot said:

It's pretty ridiculous your comparing Moore to Faulk. Moore can throw a football. Faulk can't. I'm not comparing their skill sets. Just what the production would be if the teams they played for were reversed. The reason i brought it up, was what Douglas would have to consider in signing him to an extension. What is Anderson capable of, with an improved line and a Darnold or a competent backup, for 16 games

The ******* guys name is FALK, not Faulk.  Tyreek Hill missed more games this year than Darnold.  I believe that Anderson can put up great numbers.  I also believe that every single GM in the NFL, and any qualified observer, would take Hill's on field play over Anderson's without question.  Every ******* time.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I care.  Every dollar spent is a dollar unavailable to do other things and fill other needs.

Robby Anderson is simply not a #1 WR.  He is entirely incapable of filling that role on a competitive team.

He can, however, IMO, fill the 2nd WR role supporting a legit #1 and a slot guy like Crowder.

Unacceptable.  As stated, this years Jets Fan Fav. camp UDFA is NOT going to provide what we need.  

We need a legit #1 WR.  Playing next to Robby is not enough, he needs to be a real #1 and do what real #1's do.

More than half this board laments every week that Darnold has no weapons.  Resigning Robby f'ing Anderlols to a big money long-term deal be our #1 WR is doubling down on stupidity.

I’d like to sign him, at whatever the market value is, because

a. He works well with Darnold

b. I wouldn’t want to further weaken a position of need (especially losing a deep threat)

c. Im assuming we’re going to draft a big bodied WR in the draft, which should help both Robbie and Sam

Youre a reasonable person. Give me an idea of what you feel would be a contract you could live with here...

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why not have a #2 that can catch?

There is no rule that the jets have to keep crappy players just because we have done it forever.

Just like we don't have to keep crappy coach Gase.

Don't waste your time. Jets fans are awesome at liking players that surround the occasional good/great game with mediocrity and crap. They put all their hopes in the outside chance this or that player will eventually become great (like that one game) and all they ever do is what they have always done, play wildly inconsistent football. So Julio Jones = Great Allan Robinson = Good Robbie Anderson = Crap .... Consistency is the only way you become good or great and Robbie has never shown any consistency and he adds nothing other than a few routes since we certainly can't rely on Robbie to block and help in the running game. He's also terrible when the QB gets in trouble I've seen him pull up or just flat out stop playing in those situations. He has never broken a tackle in his life nor excelled in YAC . We need Physical players like all the good teams have not pussies like Robbie Anderson I'm not sure when the best time to unload him is but I'm sure Joe Douglas has a plan or I hope JD has a plan

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’d like to sign him, at whatever the market value is, because

a. He works well with Darnold

b. I wouldn’t want to further weaken a position of need (especially losing a deep threat)

c. Im assuming we’re going to draft a big bodied WR in the draft, which should help both Robbie and Sam

Youre a reasonable person. Give me an idea of what you feel would be a contract you could live with here...

a. Well as in "has been part of back to back 29th/31st ranked Offenses?

b. Addition by replacement.  There are better WR's than Anderson.

c. Fine by me, as long as it doesn't get in the way of drafting 10-year starter quality O-linemen.  At least 3 of them.

d. The contract I could live with would be the average salary of equivalent #2 outside (non-slot) WR's.  A fair offer for fair worth.

I don't want to cut Anderson.  I'm fine retaining his limited skill-set as a primarily weak-bodied, limited route-tree #3 WR.  If the price is right.

He is not special, he is not irreplaceable.  He's a UDFA who got a shot because every one of our draft pick WR's busted.  He's not here because he is great, he's here because Ardarius Stewart et. al. sucked.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Robbie is a FA and his market is going to much more than his value. Trade him if you can, if not let him take money somewhere else and wish him the best in all his future endeavors. We can not afford to keep putting crap on the field. We can all agree that we need a better line right? but you know beachum winters etc all can have a couple good plays every now and then, hell even a good game. No one here argues to sign them to another contact because you can draft or get a guys off the street that will play more consistent. That is what we need from every position.

I rather have consistent WR that can beat there man/get open more often to move the chains more because that will lead to more chances to score. This robbie ensnarement has done what exactly? got us 4 TDS or something? WTF is that worth? a whole bunch of losses. If we had a player that was getting open drive get extended, games are won.  We have DT on the team because he can get open sometimes, along with v smith berrious etc. All of them are garbage. How many drives depend on darnold making the most perfect pass just because no one is opne, all the time. Its common sense to get better players.

The trade deadline is past, so he can't be traded. It's either sign him or let him walk. If they let him walk, they'd have to tip-toe thru free agency trying to sign at least one fewer player than they lose so they can -maybe- get a fourth round comp pick in 2021. Not much value there. And we all want to see lots of improvement thru free agency before the the draft comes around, which probably means no comp pick in 2021. 

I don't think Anderson is a #1 WR at all, but I like him as a complementary piece on the Jets. I think Darnold works the middle of the field well, and having Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, and Bell working the middle while Robby keeps defenses honest with his speed is a good thing. And we've seen Gase use Robby underneath as well this year. I'd like to see the whole group improved by adding a new, best WR either thru the draft or free agency. But dumping Robby doesn't make them better. It just weakens an already weak unit. Adding a new #1 and having Anderson as the #2 or #3, depending on the situation, would be fine. 

I know he had the transgressions with the law early in his career. I know you've taken issue with that. But he's been good since then with no off-field issues. No disciplinary problems with the team that I can recall, either. I think he screwed up, and he knows it, and he's worked hard to be a professional since. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Don't waste your time. Jets fans are awesome at liking players that surround the occasional good/great game with mediocrity and crap. They put all their hopes in the outside chance this or that player will eventually become great (like that one game) and all they ever do is what they have always done, play wildly inconsistent football. So Julio Jones = Great Allan Robinson = Good Robbie Anderson = Crap .... Consistency is the only way you become good or great and Robbie has never shown any consistency and he adds nothing other than a few routes since we certainly can't rely on Robbie to block and help in the running game. He's also terrible when the QB gets in trouble I've seen him pull up or just flat out stop playing in those situations. He has never broken a tackle in his life nor excelled in YAC . We need Physical players like all the good teams have not pussies like Robbie Anderson I'm not sure when the best time to unload him is but I'm sure Joe Douglas has a plan or I hope JD has a plan

Robbie Anderson's deep speed forcing teams to keep a safety back probably helps the running game more than 3 Braylon Edwards and his downfield blocking.

@BornJetsFan1983 holy hannah!  Did you channel @Bleedin Green?  That sh*t was long.  As @slats pointed out (damn that is a metric sh*t ton of @'s in one paragraph) you can't trade free agents.  Unless you are talking about a tag and trade which isn't going to happen. 

You guys are wrong about Anderson and his value and you are wrong about the sh*tty WRs that you are going to be drafting and seeing in free agency.  People are talking about Anderson's reliability and hands and suggesting Vyncent Smith?  Smith ran the same pro day 40 as Adnerson (4.36) but he is even more raw and sketchy with his hands.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The ******* guys name is FALK, not Faulk.  Tyreek Hill missed more games this year than Darnold.  I believe that Anderson can put up great numbers.  I also believe that every single GM in the NFL, and any qualified observer, would take Hill's on field play over Anderson's without question.  Every ******* time.

I might have misspelled Falk. That's not a big deal. he's out of the league, probably never to come back. I never said in any of my posts that Anderson, at this point is on the level of a Hill. if i did, please post where i said that. if i didn't, please improve on your reading comprehension. What i said was his production here,would not be his production in Kansas City, or Philly, or the Saints. Kenny stills best year was with the saints. Isn't that a surprise.

6 hours ago, genot said:

Robby has two less receptions than Tyreek Hill and is averaging more yds per catch. Think about that, considering Faulk was our QB for 3 games. And Darnold was under assault every down for another two or three games.

6 hours ago, genot said:

Anderson didn't have a QB for 3 games. We saw what Luke Faulk was. Darnold didn't have a chance against the Pats, Eagles, and Jaguars. Im not comparing the two, just pointing out the realistic possibilities with an improved o-line, and stability at the QB position

5 hours ago, genot said:

I believe i was pretty clear. Let me put it another way. It isn't ridiculous to say that if Hill was with the Jet's and Anderson was a Chief, that those stats over the last three years would be reversed

4 hours ago, genot said:

It's pretty ridiculous your comparing Moore to Faulk. Moore can throw a football. Faulk can't. I'm not comparing their skill sets. Just what the production would be if the teams they played for were reversed. The reason i brought it up, was what Douglas would have to consider in signing him to an extension. What is Anderson capable of, with an improved line and a Darnold or a competent backup, for 16 games

47 minutes ago, genot said:

I might have misspelled Falk. That's not a big deal. he's out of the league, probably never to come back. I never said in any of my posts that Anderson, at this point is on the level of a Hill. if i did, please post where i said that. if i didn't, please improve on your reading comprehension. What i said was his production here,would not be his production in Kansas City, or Philly, or the Saints. Kenny stills best year was with the saints. Isn't that a surprise.

My reading comprehension is pretty good.  How is yours? I repeat my prior post.  You're not comparing them, you're just comparing them.

Anderson is high volume target on a bad team.  In a more prolific offense he'd be more efficient, but I doubt his gross numbers would be much better.  "At this point in their careers" they are both 4th year vets, and Hill is a year younger.  Anderson is good player and I am in favor of a pretty hefty contract, but he's no Tyreek Hill.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

WR4?  If that is honestly anyone's assessment of Anderson they shouldn't be taken remotely seriously.  

I'm not a huge advocate for paying him either.  At absolute worst he's probably one of the best, if not very best 3rd WRs in the league.  At best he's a very servicable 2nd receiver.

4th Receiver?  Come on. Below is a list of actual 4th WRs on NFL depth charts

Damiere Bird, Christian Blake, Miles Boykin, Andre Roberts, Chris Hogan, Javon Wims, Alex Erickson, Damion Ratley.  And that's just to Cleveland in alphabetical order.  You get the point.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

He’s very average. I used to be really high on him - but he’s proven to be what most said he was. A deep threat and pretty much only a deep threat.

He’s simply not strong enough to win at the point of contact - to be a 1 or even a 2 you have to be able to win a contested pass. your QB needs to be to confident that you can make a play for him.

He can’t...in fact there isn’t a Jet WR than can.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why not have a #2 that can catch?

There is no rule that the jets have to keep crappy players just because we have done it forever.

Just like we don't have to keep crappy coach Gase.

I think this is the most idiotic thing you said so far. There are so many thinngs you can criticize  Anderson on. Lack of awareness in coming back to the QB. Not a polished rout runner, in ability to post up with physical  DB's, but saying he can't  catch just means you have no idea what you are talking about. It's  about the only thing he does well. 

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

My reading comprehension is pretty good.  How is yours? I repeat my prior post.  You're not comparing them, you're just comparing them.

Anderson is high volume target on a bad team.  In a more prolific offense he'd be more efficient, but I doubt his gross numbers would be much better.  "At this point in their careers" they are both 4th year vets, and Hill is a year younger.  Anderson is good player and I am in favor of a pretty hefty contract, but he's no Tyreek Hill.

That's a good post Dominator. We really don't know for sure what anderson is capable of. With a 38 yr old backup, and petty for three games he had close to a thousand yards and 70 receptions. If he's a high volume target on a bad team, that tells me defenses are having a hard time slowing him down. I agree with you about Hill. At this point Hill is better after the catch and runs more quality routes. Anderson can be more of a threat though in the red zone. considering his height. Im just aggravated about the possibility that he won't be here next year. We need to extend him.

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

WR4?  If that is honestly anyone's assessment of Anderson they shouldn't be taken remotely seriously.  

I'm not a huge advocate for paying him either.  At absolute worst he's probably one of the best, if not very best 3rd WRs in the league.  At best he's a very servicable 2nd receiver.

Damiere Bird, Christian Blake, Miles Boykin, Andre Roberts, Chris Hogan, Javon Wims, Alex Erickson, Damion Ratley.  And that's just to Cleveland in alphabetical order.  You get the point.

He's the #1 receiver on the Jet's. teams know that, and they still have a hard time keeping his production down. He'll have 60 receptions and probably 900 receiving yds, when the season is over. Not bad considering our QB was Falk for three games, and Darnold couldn't get a throw off in another two. He's more than a servicable #2.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

DAMN DOMINATED

17 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just because is not the 4th option on our team doesn't mean he isn't talent wise WR4. I dont know how to comment back at you, if you dont watch him play. All those players you named, if they were on our team you would be telling me how great they are and they are WR1 or 2 just like you are for Robbie. Its cray cray town. 

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s very average. I used to be really high on him - but he’s proven to be what most said he was. A deep threat and pretty much only a deep threat.

He’s simply not strong enough to win at the point of contact - to be a 1 or even a 2 you have to be able to win a contested pass. your QB needs to be to confident that you can make a play for him.

He can’t...in fact there isn’t a Jet WR than can.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

@HawkeyeJet this is most fans...including me..i liked him and thought he would turn into something but nah he is trash.

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is the most idiotic thing you said so far. There are so many thinngs you can criticize  Anderson on. Lack of awareness in coming back to the QB. Not a polished rout runner, in ability to post up with physical  DB's, but saying he can't  catch just means you have no idea what you are talking about. It's  about the only thing he does well. 

? sure you can criticize robbie on all that, but to not call out a WR that drops the ball or gives up on plays that a NFL WR should make is would be silly. Of course you criticize him on that. I mean he does catch, obviously, he has caught the ball. Its just not consistent or when the game is on the line. He drops the ball or gives up when things get tough. That is why is is a WR 4. 

13 hours ago, naturalscience said:

Average per year so far.

Catches 50

Yards 750

YPC 15

TD 5 

Catch rate 55%

First downs 30

Fumble 1

2019 drops 2

For comparison Julian Edelman average per year

Catches 59

Yards 640

YPC 11

TD  4

Catch rate 66.5%

First down 34

Fumbles 2.4

2019 drops 11

Have you watched any games? context matters...edleman plays tough and wins games for his team. 

19 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Robbie Anderson's deep speed forcing teams to keep a safety back probably helps the running game more than 3 Braylon Edwards and his downfield blocking.

@BornJetsFan1983 holy hannah!  Did you channel @Bleedin Green?  That sh*t was long.  As @slats pointed out (damn that is a metric sh*t ton of @'s in one paragraph) you can't trade free agents.  Unless you are talking about a tag and trade which isn't going to happen. 

You guys are wrong about Anderson and his value and you are wrong about the sh*tty WRs that you are going to be drafting and seeing in free agency.  People are talking about Anderson's reliability and hands and suggesting Vyncent Smith?  Smith ran the same pro day 40 as Adnerson (4.36) but he is even more raw and sketchy with his hands.

I have problems...idk wtf i write so god damn much...i blame gase honestly

22 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

you are way more articulate than me. This 100 percent. 

I hope he has a plan too.

21 hours ago, slats said:

The trade deadline is past, so he can't be traded. It's either sign him or let him walk. If they let him walk, they'd have to tip-toe thru free agency trying to sign at least one fewer player than they lose so they can -maybe- get a fourth round comp pick in 2021. Not much value there. And we all want to see lots of improvement thru free agency before the the draft comes around, which probably means no comp pick in 2021. 

I don't think Anderson is a #1 WR at all, but I like him as a complementary piece on the Jets. I think Darnold works the middle of the field well, and having Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, and Bell working the middle while Robby keeps defenses honest with his speed is a good thing. And we've seen Gase use Robby underneath as well this year. I'd like to see the whole group improved by adding a new, best WR either thru the draft or free agency. But dumping Robby doesn't make them better. It just weakens an already weak unit. Adding a new #1 and having Anderson as the #2 or #3, depending on the situation, would be fine. 

I know he had the transgressions with the law early in his career. I know you've taken issue with that. But he's been good since then with no off-field issues. No disciplinary problems with the team that I can recall, either. I think he screwed up, and he knows it, and he's worked hard to be a professional since. 

@slats wait we cant trade him in the off season? for a pick or something? like move up spots or get a 4th in the draft?

Are you ok with paying Robbie WR 2 money for his play? Guy is going to get paid i just dont think it should be us, to inconsistent.

Yeah I think he has been on best behavior since the whole your wife's eye thing, and I know alot of other people have embraced him and commended his turn around, I personally am pretty happy that he hast messed up again, but i still think it is not very smart to have him on the roster - talent aside - rather have a guy with no strikes.. You never know when he is going to need to f some cops wife...

Maybe we just disagree on everything but I like getting your perspective on situations...good reality checks - i feel like somehow are able to take the emotion out of your opinions, while i feel like I am rage posting at you all the time...this damn team.

28 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

DAMN DOMINATED

Just because is not the 4th option on our team doesn't mean he isn't talent wise WR4. I dont know how to comment back at you, if you dont watch him play. All those players you named, if they were on our team you would be telling me how great they are and they are WR1 or 2 just like you are for Robbie. Its cray cray town. 

@HawkeyeJet this is most fans...including me..i liked him and thought he would turn into something but nah he is trash.

? sure you can criticize robbie on all that, but to not call out a WR that drops the ball or gives up on plays that a NFL WR should make is would be silly. Of course you criticize him on that. I mean he does catch, obviously, he has caught the ball. Its just not consistent or when the game is on the line. He drops the ball or gives up when things get tough. That is why is is a WR 4. 

Every WR drops passes. I don't  think Anderson does that anymore than most. The guy that drops passes is Thomas. For the small amount of looks he gets, he can't  have any drops. Not everyone is Chrebet that caught everything. 

I'm not a fan of Anderson. He only starts here becaise we have garbage at the WR position but the guy has good hands. As I said, he is not a good route runner, seems disinterested  on some plays and doesn't  pay attention, and he is very small, but i have seen him catch contested balls on more than one occasion, he even ripped the ball out of a DB'S  hands this season for a catch. The guy has good hands and good ball tracking skills. The issue with him is that is all he can do. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

When I talk about WR's blocking I'm not in any way referring to downfield blocking at all. I'm talking about blocking for sweeps, WR screens, RB screens and blocking at the point of attack by design. Sure if a play extends and goes down field 20+ yards that type of downfield blocking is entirely up to the player and if he is in position to do so. 

I also forgot to mention Robbie going over the middle when his arms get shorter then they would normally. He is simply not a WR you can rely upon to make a tough chain moving catch and I'm fine with that its something we have not had since Braylon, Marshall, and long before that Keyshawn. IMHO Robbie is a decent WR 2 and a really good WR 3 used to take the top off a defense.

Some teams are stacked across the board at WR and RB we have not been since 98 and hopefully JD will take us in the right direction. I would prefer a team built like the Mid 90's Cowboys or even the 09-10 Jets (with a couple of non thug WR's).....

A non mistake prone QB who can run an offense, Big Possession WR, slot WR, Burner, bruising TE , and a dominant running game to beat up other teams, shut down games and keep the more potent QB's and offenses off the field. Robbie has a place in a talented Offense he's just NOT the guy people think and he's not going to be. What this team needs is a Julio Jones and a Dominant OL then you can keep Robbie

• Upvote 2

DAMN DOMINATED

Yeah.  That's what I'd be doing.  You got me pegged.  

• Upvote 1

@slats wait we cant trade him in the off season? for a pick or something? like move up spots or get a 4th in the draft?

The trade deadline past.  Before they play another game he will become a free agent.  You cannot trade him because league rules forbid it.  

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

When I talk about WR's blocking I'm not in any way referring to downfield blocking at all. I'm talking about blocking for sweeps, WR screens, RB screens and blocking at the point of attack by design. Sure if a play extends and goes down field 20+ yards that type of downfield blocking is entirely up to the player and if he is in position to do so. 

I also forgot to mention Robbie going over the middle when his arms get shorter then they would normally. He is simply not a WR you can rely upon to make a tough chain moving catch and I'm fine with that its something we have not had since Braylon, Marshall, and long before that Keyshawn. IMHO Robbie is a decent WR 2 and a really good WR 3 used to take the top off a defense.

Some teams are stacked across the board at WR and RB we have not been since 98 and hopefully JD will take us in the right direction. I would prefer a team built like the Mid 90's Cowboys or even the 09-10 Jets (with a couple of non thug WR's).....

A non mistake prone QB who can run an offense, Big Possession WR, slot WR, Burner, bruising TE , and a dominant running game to beat up other teams, shut down games and keep the more potent QB's and offenses off the field. Robbie has a place in a talented Offense he's just NOT the guy people think and he's not going to be. What this team needs is a Julio Jones and a Dominant OL then you can keep Robbie

Strongly disagree.

46 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Are you ok with paying Robbie WR 2 money for his play? Guy is going to get paid i just dont think it should be us, to inconsistent.

Yeah I think he has been on best behavior since the whole your wife's eye thing, and I know alot of other people have embraced him and commended his turn around, I personally am pretty happy that he hast messed up again, but i still think it is not very smart to have him on the roster - talent aside - rather have a guy with no strikes.. You never know when he is going to need to f some cops wife...

Maybe we just disagree on everything but I like getting your perspective on situations...good reality checks - i feel like somehow are able to take the emotion out of your opinions, while i feel like I am rage posting at you all the time...this damn team.

So first, no, he's a free agent at the end of the year. They don't own his rights, so they can't trade him. The decision is whether to resign him or let him walk and get nothing in return. 

The #1 issue with Robby is, is he a good citizen now? I'd be talking to his coaches, teammates, the equipment manager, and ask them the big question. If the consensus is, yeah, Robby ****ed up a couple years ago, but now he gets it, he really cares about his career and doing the work - then I'd want to bring him back. If the consensus is, **** no, dude's a major anus and it's only pure luck that he hasn't gotten into trouble the last couple years - I let him walk. 

If the answer to the Robby character question is something of a mixed bag, then you start to look at what your options are. Instead of paying Robby $10-12M/year, do we pick a free agent receiver to give that money to? Is Vyncint Smith up to the task of picking up a good portion of Robby's slack? Because right now, after Crowder and Anderson, there's a steep drop off at the WR position. Which is why I lean towards resigning him if, character-wise, he basically checks out. I'd rather hold onto Robby, the devil I know, than pay someone else's problem and hope for the best. Especially if Darnold is on board. 

Then I look to find a WR better than anyone on the current roster in the draft, 100% willing to use my first pick to do it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Terrible at his job.

How exactly?  As long as he doesn’t ask for a ridiculous number it makes sense to keep Robby.  The only good support Sam has is Robby and Crowder.  The only reasons I don’t include Bell is because he had been clearly misused and seems a step slower probably for missing a whole year.  But yeah it makes sense to keep Robby 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

So first, no, he's a free agent at the end of the year. They don't own his rights, so they can't trade him. The decision is whether to resign him or let him walk and get nothing in return. 

The #1 issue with Robby is, is he a good citizen now? I'd be talking to his coaches, teammates, the equipment manager, and ask them the big question. If the consensus is, yeah, Robby ****ed up a couple years ago, but now he gets it, he really cares about his career and doing the work - then I'd want to bring him back. If the consensus is, **** no, dude's a major anus and it's only pure luck that he hasn't gotten into trouble the last couple years - I let him walk. 

If the answer to the Robby character question is something of a mixed bag, then you start to look at what your options are. Instead of paying Robby $10-12M/year, do we pick a free agent receiver to give that money to? Is Vyncint Smith up to the task of picking up a good portion of Robby's slack? Because right now, after Crowder and Anderson, there's a steep drop off at the WR position. Which is why I lean towards resigning him if, character-wise, he basically checks out. I'd rather hold onto Robby, the devil I know, than pay someone else's problem and hope for the best. Especially if Darnold is on board. 

Then I look to find a WR better than anyone on the current roster in the draft, 100% willing to use my first pick to do it. 

Sure that would be a good use of draft capital, probably better to get some beef on the line to protect sam, but who knows who is out there, personal pref. 

I love to draft a guy like hollywood...