This Ship Is the Jets

JetsLife

“This ship is England” (great line from top 5 film ever Master & Commander, spoken by the captain when England were under threat of Napoleonic invasion and that ship was fighting France 5k miles away)

This Jets ship is Sunday - this is our Super Bowl. The Jets have a chance to deal a death blow to a team that killed our ‘04 and ‘10 playoffs, the latter preventing us from the super bowl. ‘04 f—king Doug Brien, choke a pautumas.

No referendums, no past, no present, only deal your enemy a lethal blow to their season.

”I’m about to put my spoiler cap on. If I’m going down, I’m taking someone with me.” - Marcus Coleman, 1999  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 3

1 minute ago, JetsLife said:

“This ship is England” (great line from top 5 film ever Master & Commander, spoken by the captain when England were under threat of Napoleonic invasion and that ship was fighting France 5k miles away)

This Jets ship is Sunday - this is our Super Bowl. The Jets have a chance to deal a death blow to a team that killed our ‘04 and ‘10 playoffs, the latter preventing us from the super bowl. ‘04 f—king Doug Brien, choke a pautumas.

No referendums, no past, no present, only deal your enemy a lethal blow to their season.

”I’m about to put my spoiler cap on. If I’m going down, I’m taking someone with me.” - Marcus Coleman, 1999  

Yeah blame the kicker when the offense scored 0 points..:roll:

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

This 

8C3E9679-079E-4E59-A864-6096DC24BF4E.jpeg

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

2004?  No one was beating NE that year but yes 2010 we could have won SB. 

54 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Here is an additional  quote from another great sailing adventure.  If we are going to cast metaphorical bonds between the Jets and a sailing vessel, this one is far more fitting... 

Mr. Fryer: "We should have a frigate, not a chamber pot."

The_Bounty.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Yeah blame the kicker when the offense scored 0 points..:roll:

Come on Savage, had one job, one kick to make and failed.  Big time.

Say whatever you want about the offense, the ball was there, teed up for a game winning FG and he choked.  Regardless of what the offense did or didn't do that day.  Playoff football, its often hard to score in the cold, against top defenses and against good playoff teams.  Its what's to be expected.   He was given the opportunity to do what he does and win the game.

He choked and failed. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Say whatever you want about the offense, the ball was there, teed up for a game winning FG and he choked.  Regardless of what the offense did or didn't do that day.  Playoff football, its often hard to score in the cold, against top, playoff teams.  Its what can be expected.   He was given the opportunity to do what he does and win the game.

He choked and failed. 

And he missed TWICE. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Killed me...I was with my friend, who is a die hard Steelers fan, he was so quiet and nervous all game because the Jets had them beat. I’ll never forget the name “Doug Brien”. Still haunts me. 

watching that with a Steelers fan must have been devastating. 

One of the worst sports memories ever for me, as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Say whatever you want about the offense, the ball was there, teed up for a game winning FG and he choked.  Regardless of what the offense did or didn't do that day.  Playoff football, its often hard to score in the cold, against top defenses and against good playoff teams.  Its what's to be expected.   He was given the opportunity to do what he does and win the game.

He choked and failed. 

I’d say Herm was out coached as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Killed me...I was with my friend, who is a die hard Steelers fan, he was so quiet and nervous all game because the Jets had them beat. I’ll never forget the name “Doug Brien”. Still haunts me. 

I was in Atlanta, at a trade show. Left early to watch game. Me and 2 Jets fans I met in a bar FULL of Steelers fans. I was drunk, vocal and representing.  End of game, they actually came over in a respectful way. They knew we should have won.  I was devastated , lost my voice etc. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Every November/Jets game for five years has been “our super bowl.” I’d like to be able to say a wild card game is “our super bowl.” Baby steps.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I was in Atlanta, at a trade show. Left early to watch game. Me and 2 Jets fans I met in a bar FULL of Steelers fans. I was drunk, vocal and representing.  End of game, they actually came over in a respectful way. They knew we should have won.  I was devastated , lost my voice etc. 

Was watching with my cousin. His wife is from Latrobe and a Steelers fan. She was too embarrassed to even gloat. First and only time she ever took the high road.

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was at least proud of the 2010 run even though that was a tough loss. The Doug Brien debacle was devastating for some reason. I couldn’t believe it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Read this as “this ship is New England.” Imagined a u boat with a telescopic, HD zoom lens periscope stealing signals from 49ers Levi’s Park.

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Here is an additional  quote from another great sailing adventure.  If we are going to cast metaphorical bonds between the Jets and a sailing vessel, this one is far more fitting... 

Mr. Fryer: "We should have a frigate, not a chamber pot."

The_Bounty.jpg

Bligh: " Oh the men won't have it? Are they in charge of the Bounty?"

Christian: "They might be. If you insist."

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I was in Dallas at a trade show. They had a TV brought in so customers could still see the games, everyone knew I was a Jet fan so when Herm had Pennington take a knee I was losing my sh*t saying at least nand it off to Martin, you just lost another freaking Yard or two.

We line up, the owner of our company looks at me & says "miss or make?"

I put my hands over my eyes & said, we're the Jets, he's missing it. 

Nough said. 

• Haha 1