Rex Ryan rips Adam Gase on Rich Ciminis podcast

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He probably was the perfect coach for the joke that we are. Why not him? I mean, we kind of deserve him. Pathetic franchise. 

Sometimes you gotta just accept your looks-match and accept that you are neither Chad nor Stacy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SummerofSam14 said:

When asked what grade he would give Gase he said F, and essentially said the Jets should fire him. 

Also said he doesn’t like how he uses his hat to cover his eyes. 

Have you ever heard of an ex coach ripping a current coach on the record? 

No. But we all know Rex doesn't always March to society norms.

35 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I feel the next two weeks are winnable games for the Jets.  This will require solid preparation by Gase and Darnold.  Next two weeks will tell me a lot about Gase's coaching ability and if he can actually pull off this Head Coach thing. 

Of course, if we loose them, we get a the best possible slot for drafting AND get to fire Gase. Sweet. Not bad for struggling through 2 more loses.

I have to tell you, if the Bills beat the Pats this weekend I am going to be rooting for the Bills and the Fins the following week.

That would be good draft spot, fired Gase, and Pats not winning the division - a trifecta...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

When asked what grade he would give Gase he said F, and essentially said the Jets should fire him. 

Also said he doesn’t like how he uses his hat to cover his eyes. 

Have you ever heard of an ex coach ripping a current coach on the record? 

He's not covering his eyes with his hat. Its his cue ball head. 4 hairs on tip I believe.

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Ryan recommended Idzik?

Well he didnt recommend him, but behind closed doors, Rex was in Woody's ear to save his own skin and place all blame on Tannenbaum. 

In turn, we ended up with Idzik. So, blame Rexs advice for that. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Don’t remember that one. My understanding is idzik came from the hiring firm.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He did.

But Woody listening to Rex was what got Tanny fired solo, when in reality it should have been both of them getting kicked to the curb. 

In turn, we ended up with Idzik. 

Rex is right.  I love Rex and want him back.  Most fun I ever had as a Jets fan was 2009 and 2010.  Even when the talent level fell in the next two years, Rex was Rex and it was  still entertaining.  With one of the worst Jets rosters in memory, they still went 8-8. I don't agree with the posters calling him ugly names.  He is not a bad person. He's just an emotional reactionary.  He's not an airline pilot or vascular surgeon.  You can afford a little color and emotion when you're in show business. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Of course, if we loose them, we get a the best possible slot for drafting AND get to fire Gase. Sweet. Not bad for struggling through 2 more loses.

I have to tell you, if the Bills beat the Pats this weekend I am going to be rooting for the Bills and the Fins the following week.

That would be good draft spot, fired Gase, and Pats not winning the division - a trifecta...

Unless we get blown out badly next two games Gase is locked in for another 2 years minimum

The Johnsons have it in their tiny brains that they have to give a head coach 3 years minimum even if they obviously stink like Bowles and Gase

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There could be 32 available head coaching jobs this winter and Rex still couldn’t get an interview. ******* loser

Do you still believe that Todd Bowles will be a hot commodity and will be given numerous HC offer after the season and probably will take the Redskin HC job?

• Haha 1